Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running game or Passing game?

Default Running game or Passing game?

What do you enjoy more? Im talking just in general like what you always liked more from watching football.

Im a running game guy. Love it.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Well against the bills, definately the run game

In general, I love watching explosive passing offenses like the Saints and Colts much more than running teams.

I do like watching guys like Charles and Chris Johnson run the ball though. Speed guys who can break one for a home run at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    In general, I love watching explosive passing offenses like the Saints and Colts much more than running teams.

I do like watching guys like Charles and Chris Johnson run the ball though. Speed guys who can break one for a home run at any time.

Yep it is fun to see a rb break a big one. But in general I also enjoy the explosive passing games more. For non-Chiefs games I would rather watch the Saints, Colts, Cardinals than some other teams for that reason.

The Chicago Bears have often been a boring team to watch for me throughout the years, due to usually being a run oriented team. But then again, Walter Payton was SO good that he was an exception when it came to enjoying a Bears game.

And I love the shotgun, deep screens, and bombs. The west coast offense of throwing 1 yard passes immediately to the wideouts gets rather dull too.

Our passing/running game or in general?

I like the 2003 season balanced team we had. Successfully running, and then explosive passes.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Oh yeah the 2003 Chiefs were one of the most fun to watch! Trent Green's 4000 yards mixed with Priest Holmes on the ground. Along with our joystick Dante Hall on the kick returns. Fantastic!

I like high scoring games so the Vermeil era was a lot of fun. Defensive battles like a typical Steelers Ravens game that result in scores of 13-10 are a little less exciting for me to watch. Just as in baseball I enjoy a game with a lot of hits and runs more than a pitcher's duel.
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 12-12-2009 at 07:22 PM.

2003 was the best year for the chiefs this decade

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    Oh yeah the 2003 Chiefs were one of the most fun to watch! Trent Green's 4000 yards mixed with Priest Holmes on the ground. Along with our joystick Dante Hall on the kick returns. Fantastic!

I like high scoring games so the Vermeil era was a lot of fun. Defensive battles like a typical Steelers Ravens game that result in scores of 13-10 are a little less exciting for me to watch. Just as in baseball I enjoy a game with a lot of hits and runs more than a pitcher's duel.
    Unless the defense is being impressive, like picking the all, fumble recoveries, lots of sacks....hard hits.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Oh yeah you got that right honda. Like our great DT and Neil Smith. And the 85' Bears defense and the 2000 Ravens defense were fun to watch because they just kept plowing through the o line of the other teams and sacking or hurrying the qbs.

It's the games where both teams keep running into brick walls and then punting that get a little tedious. Short yd or no gain, short yd or no gain, short yd or no gain, punt. Then vice versa. And so on. Resulting in a game of field goals 9-6 type of score.

Those are still somewhat fun, making special teams very important because the defenses keep forcing a standstill, making it a tense game of who can get a slightly better field position to eventually be in field goal range. But not as fun as the action packed big play touchdowns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast