Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On the bright side........

Default On the bright side........

How about Jamaal Charles? 143 yards rushing on 20 attempts and another 38 yards receiving on 7 catches. I think we've found our RB of the future and, contrary to some on here believe, he even appears to be an every down back. I had been telling you guys he's a stud RB. Watched him run at Texas and knew he could do the same at KC.

As for the rest of the team and how the defense let the Bills run up over 200 yards on the ground? I'll let you commiserate about that.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

JC was a bright spot, but I am afraid he will have a short career. Defense, well I just wish that a man named Suh some how becomes a Chief!

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    JC was a bright spot, but I am afraid he will have a short career. Defense, well I just wish that a man named Suh some how becomes a Chief!
    I think Suh goes number 1 in the draft. If that's the case I doubt we get him. Plus, I think we need to use our first round pick on an offensive lineman.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

If we took Suh it would mean we drafted the exact same position 3 straight years in the top 5-6.

On the bright side- Hali had another sack, Tyson Jackson had 5 tackles, Mike Brown led us in tackles for another week, Flowers continues to play great, and we forced some turnovers.

Defense- going to be special in a year or two with a few more additions.

Yeah the defense did some good things but also mistakes and signs of a long way to go still. Let Fred Jackson eat us up too much on rushing yards. Just as we let Buckhalter and Moreno do last week. But holding them to 16 points overall is good. Helped out though by a silly pass from Ryan Fitzpatrick (that Flowers intercepted in the end zone). That one was more like a gift than a forced turnover.

Jamaal Charles is the biggest bright spot today.

Dang it if only we pulled out a 17-16 victory. Would have been a rather ugly win but still a much needed win is the main thing.

Gotta be worried now about Cleveland. They're playing better the last 2 games and sacked Rothlisberger 8 times. All year I thought Cleveland would be almost a gimme for us. I still think we should (and will) win, but just saying I wouldn't be surprised now if we are in another low scoring game next week like 13-10 in the 4th quarter, with the outcome being up in the air.

Edit: Just checked the line and right now we're 3 point favorites against the Browns. 3 points is for home field advantage. That means the oddsmakers consider us and Cleveland to be evenly matched teams. Ouch! Well, of course record wise we are only one game better than them, and in recent games they have played better.
    Last edited by IlovetheChiefs; 12-13-2009 at 08:06 PM.

Doesn't have the durability for an every down back. His shoulder popped out today and he is barely staying alive. I don't know how much longer he can take.
    It starts with the Offensive line

That's true, so even for this bright spot there's the potential for a downside sadly.

3 other little pieces of good news to cheer us up:

(1) Donkeys lost

(2) Faders lost. And got crushed. At home. To the Deadskins. I love how every time the Faders win (which is rare) they always get clobbered the following week. After this year's 4 wins the next games they lost by scores of:

23-3
    38-0
    24-7
    34-13

Jokeland indeed!

(3) LJ had 3 carries for 4 yards. HA!

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Doesn't have the durability for an every down back. His shoulder popped out today and he is barely staying alive. I don't know how much longer he can take.
    His shoulder has been popping out since college. It's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    His shoulder has been popping out since college. It's not a big deal.

Yes it is! It is a problem, durability.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast