Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L.J. rushing yards, against Texans.

Default L.J. rushing yards, against Texans.

Take your pic on how many rushing yards that you believe L.J. will accumulate, against the Texans, in week one.

Feel free to place multiple events. For example, if you think that Larry is sure to go over 100 yards, then you can bet on the "over 100" option and still bet on the "over 70" option, as well.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-02-2007 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Went from 4/1 to 1/4

not even worth voting on now.
    Yup; save yer Arrowcash.

If you are going to change the odds, then change all of them not just one of them.
    Well, 4 to 1 odds of L.J. gaining 70 yards was an obvious mistake. and 1 to 4 odds of him rushing for less than 70 was also an obvious error. I fixed it. The others were on par with what I feel is fair.

I went with 1 to 4 odds, because I think that it is very likely that L.J. will gain at least 70 yards. Don't you? If that is not worth betting on, then perhaps you have an inclination to bet the 'under 70' option, at 4 to 1.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, 4 to 1 odds of L.J. gaining 70 yards was an obvious mistake. and 1 to 4 odds of him rushing for less than 70 was also an obvious error. I fixed it. The others were on par with what I feel is fair.

I went with 1 to 4 odds, because I think that it is very likely that L.J. will gain at least 70 yards. Don't you? If that is not worth betting on, then perhaps you have an inclination to bet the 'under 70' option, at 4 to 1.
    It sat up there for quite a while at 4:1 odds why change it now. Lots of betters got a freebie. You wouldn't see the betting this one has been getting had the odds been accurate in the first place.
    Last edited by Guru; 09-08-2007 at 07:03 AM.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Went from 4/1 to 1/4

not even worth voting on now.
    Hey that sucks. I want my Arrowcash back if the odds are gonna change.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Those who got the errant odds, still have those odds, Sling. So you are O.K.

Those who missed those errant odds, missed it. I realize that this is just for fun, but I want it to be slightly competetive too. If I just leave up a bunch of easy winners at great betters odds, then it is simply too easy for the betters. Sorry you missed out on the gravy-train, guru.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Hey that sucks. I want my Arrowcash back if the odds are gonna change.
    You are fine. If you bet while it was at 4:1 odds then that is what you will get right now.

You made my point though.

I think that as easy a winner as the 'over 70' bet is, it is quite worth taking the small amount of easy money. Bet 10,000 and bring in an extra 2,500.

Those who got the errant odds, still have those odds, Sling. So you are O.K.

Those who missed those errant odds, missed it. I realize that this is just for fun, but I want it to be slightly competetive too. If I just leave up a bunch of easy winners at great betters odds, then it is simply too easy for the betters. Sorry you missed out on the gravy-train, guru.
    Believe me, I would love to have bet it all but herm has me feeling negative about the odds anyway, which is the reason I didn't jump all over it. Either way, it is cheap money.

I think that as easy a winner as the 'over 70' bet is, it is quite worth taking the small amount of easy money. Bet 10,000 and bring in an extra 2,500.
    High risk low return bet, considering all of Herms statements indicating that LJ may be limited. Would you like to throw away 10k just to make 2500 and not even get it because our coach was a jackass?

High risk low return bet, considering all of Herms statements indicating that LJ may be limited. Would you like to throw away 10k just to make 2500 and not even get it because our coach was a jackass?
    Good point. Perhaps then, the 'under 100' bet would be a little more to your liking. As far as current bets go, take your pic. If one of the 'over' bets doesn't work for you, then the opposing 'under' bet should. The odds are currently fair.

I can't just leave a mistaken set of odds though. That would be like leaving Carl Peterson in your front office, after finding out what he is all about. Can't do it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast