Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pendergast needs to go.

Default Pendergast needs to go.

It is obvious, the further we go into this season, the worse the defense gets. Maybe not points wise, but YAG.

This could be worse than Gunther running the show. Maybe we should start some petitions to get him out an OC in.

This is worse than Greg Robinsons defense.

We possibly have the worst Defense in History.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    I do not think he was originally brought in to be D-Coord. I think they were hoping to land Crennel, but when that fell through Pendergast was more or less promoted. I am hopeful that Crennel is up to joining our staff during the offseason.
    This- there was a very weird time when coaches were being hired/assembled where it seemed like the chiefs were unwilling to name a D-coordinator, and the news finally kind of oozed out that Pendergast was the coordinator.

We didn't keep Gunther because he was probably a better fit somewhere else- and it's not like our rankings on D were much better, if at all, with him running things.

We have some great, talented guys on Defense- imagine what could happen if we had good coaches there, too.

I dont think Pendergast wash Haley's 1st choice. I think he had slim pickings by the time they hired him. It should be an interesting offseason. We shall see if he gets the boot and then you will have your answer if he really wanted him as the DC.

I don't blame Haley for brining in Pendergast, but I'll blame Haley if he keeps him next year.

Sorry, but if you're the worst defense in the league, you get fired. That's non-negotiable. pendergast might be an amazing coach who moves on to construct the greatest defense in history. It doesn't matter. When you're trying to change a losing culture, you have to have accountability, even with the coaches.

No, that does NOT extend to your head coach after one season. I like Haley, and I think he'll do much better, but frankly he'd be on the hot seat next year if I were in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    I don't blame Haley for brining in Pendergast, but I'll blame Haley if he keeps him next year.

Sorry, but if you're the worst defense in the league, you get fired. That's non-negotiable. pendergast might be an amazing coach who moves on to construct the greatest defense in history. It doesn't matter. When you're trying to change a losing culture, you have to have accountability, even with the coaches.

No, that does NOT extend to your head coach after one season. I like Haley, and I think he'll do much better, but frankly he'd be on the hot seat next year if I were in charge.
    I think that's fair, and hope it is the case. If this team doesn't show serious improvement next year I don't see how anyone could argue that he shouldn't be fired.

He can't be judged on this year. You have to remember that during the entire college football season last year, the KC scouts were looking for players to fit into Herm and Gunther's system.

You have to give a head coach and GM at least one off season with THEIR scouts looking for THEIR players. Honestly, I think that's why we didn't make a lot of moves in the draft last year, because we weren't targeting that many people.

This year has to be a huge splash.

There will no doubt be some very qualified ex head coachs out there with DC credentials for next year . Romeo Crennel, Lovie Smilth just to name 2

We keep setting ourselves back a year every time we hire or fire a coach or coordinator.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by jason1981 View Post
    I dont think Pendergast wash Haley's 1st choice. I think he had slim pickings by the time they hired him. It should be an interesting offseason. We shall see if he gets the boot and then you will have your answer if he really wanted him as the DC.
    This is exactly what happened and yes, he will get the boot. By the time Haley was hired there was almost no coaches available.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    We keep setting ourselves back a year every time we hire or fire a coach or coordinator.
    A good coordinator can come in and make an immediate impact on a team. It does not take a year for them to come up to speed. Usually pre-season and training camp is where the offensive and defensive schemes are learned, and the season is just fine-tuning those ideas.

A bad coordinator can have a profound impact for more than one season though. In our case, it will depend on what we can bring in to help out.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    Fireing a Head coach yes that will set you back at least a year if not more. Coordinators if you upgrade then thats not going to set you back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast