Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs = 39 dropped balls this season?

Default Chiefs = 39 dropped balls this season?

While watching the game today, one of the commentator's noted within the Chiefs stats for this season, that 39 balls have been dropped by Chiefs receivers! 39!!!

I would've hated to be in Chambers shoes today. He has to feel humilated and angry at himself.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    While watching the game today, one of the commentator's noted within the Chiefs stats for this season, that 39 balls have been dropped by Chiefs receivers! 39!!!

I would've hated to be in Chambers shoes today. He has to feel humilated and angry at himself.
    I heard the same thing. I actually thought it was more than that. I think they take passes out that a receiver gets his hands on but really had no chance of catching, because I could has sworn there were more drops than that.

I will say that the receivers that played today really were a lot better. There was a couple of key drops that cost us the game, but there were some really good catches as well, much better than I have seen in previous weeks.

I also have to say that the O-Line is actually looking better, far too little too late, but they are getting in the area of where they need to be.

I still think we need to fire about 4 of them though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Its more then 39 now with the HUGE chambers drop. That one HURT.

This game was better, I think only Chambers had the only drop.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    This game was better, I think only Chambers had the only drop.
    Do deflections count as drops?

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Do deflections count as drops?
    I wouldn't blame it on the receivers.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Im not hating on Chambers it was a tough catch, he should have held onto it, but he has not dropped many.

The Chiefs drops have been horrendous this year. 2 weeks ago against Denver was probably the worst I have seen. And that's why I'm reluctant to get on Cassel's back about his poor play. When your receiver are dropping that many balls, what more can you do?

That said, I have noticed in the last few weeks that he hasn't been the most accurate on some throws. If that keeps up you better believe that I'll get down on him.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Im not hating on Chambers it was a tough catch, he should have held onto it, but he has not dropped many.
    No, I wouldn't hate on him either, just saying I would imagine he's hating on himself for not hanging on to it. That said, I don't think it was 'that' tough of a catch for an NFL reciever to make, but maybe I saw it at a different angle...and it was tougher than appeared.

To his credit...if memory is accurate, he's made more positive plays than negative since being signed with the Chiefs, and heck, I would imagine every receiver has a dropped ball now & then for one reason or another.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think a lot of Cassels issues also come from receivers breaking on routes. I don't know this for sure, but Cassel and Chambers both elluded to it.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast