Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiefs = 39 dropped balls this season?

Default Chiefs = 39 dropped balls this season?

While watching the game today, one of the commentator's noted within the Chiefs stats for this season, that 39 balls have been dropped by Chiefs receivers! 39!!!

I would've hated to be in Chambers shoes today. He has to feel humilated and angry at himself.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I think alot of Cassels issues is that he very rarely hits the Wr's in stride, can not connect on the long ball. I have a chance tolisten to a lot of radio & especially take note on the Ex Chiefs and what they have to say. Len Dawson does not hate on him but does provide some intersting opinions. All these short comings can be over come in his opinion if the WR's he is throwing to had a training camp with Cassel not this revolving door that has permeated the ChiefsWR corps. I tend to agree with Lenny on this observation

Quote Originally Posted by moonshiner View Post
    I think alot of Cassels issues is that he very rarely hits the Wr's in stride, can not connect on the long ball. I have a chance tolisten to a lot of radio & especially take note on the Ex Chiefs and what they have to say. Len Dawson does not hate on him but does provide some intersting opinions. All these short comings can be over come in his opinion if the WR's he is throwing to had a training camp with Cassel not this revolving door that has permeated the ChiefsWR corps. I tend to agree with Lenny on this observation

The problem is Cassel didn't have time to get to know most of them. Long, Wade, Chambers, and Pope came in half way thru the season. The only WR's he had to a chance to know is Bowe, Bradley and Darling. Darling sucked and got hurt, Bradley is very inconsistent, and Bowe is probably more inconsistent than Bradley.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

You'd think that Haley being this "Great" WRs coach", we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    You'd think that Haley being this "Great" WRs coach", we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems.
    I don't know how "great" a WR coach he is but the issue is that he simply has no talent at the position.

when WRs cant catch easy balls, there is no excuse... it is the WRs' fault.... not Haley, and not Cassel... the WR... ours blow, obviously...

I was sooo upset with Chambers, at the time, for dropping what should have been a game changing pass. Cassel hit him right between the numbers and it looked as if Chambers had both hands on the ball but couldn't real it in. But, then again I, also, realize that if it was soo easy then everyone could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    when WRs cant catch easy balls, there is no excuse... it is the WRs' fault.... not Haley, and not Cassel... the WR... ours blow, obviously...
    I agree.

However, I hope that the team, Cassel included, is looking into things that Cassel can do to help make his passes easier on the receiving hands.

That is not to shift blame for dropped passes onto Cassel. But if he can do something to help, then I hope we find a way to get that done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12