Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ship is NOT sinking yet...

Default The ship is NOT sinking yet...

I think it is way to early to give up on Haley, Pioli, and/or Cassel. We have to remember that this is a work in progress.

Pioli - Decided to see what we have and what we really need before he spends all of our free cap space. He is being patient so that he can make well informed decisions. He is not just going out and signing big names that will sell tickets. He really wants to turn things around for us. I like that about him.

Haley - Obviously, we do not have the talent on our roster that most other teams do. We probably have less talent this year than last, yet we have already won more games. This makes it pretty tough to make your team buy in or complete.

Also, I do not think Haley was probably happy with the coaching staff to start the season. I think some coaches, like Crennel fell through. With the season approaching, I think he had to just go with some guys that he knew would share his philosophies. Otherwise, we would take a major step back this offseason when we upgrade our coaching staff with the right guys.

Cassel - I have seen him play very well at times and not so well at other times. With D-Bowe out, we have a weak group of receivers who are leading the NFL in dropped passes. A lot of his ints are balls that his receivers got their hands on and did not pull in.

The o-line is actually getting a little better, probably in large part thanks to Jamal jump starting a respectable running game. However protection really was a big problem early in the season. I think our D and turnover tendency are to blame now. Cassel is the kind of QB who manages games, but is not going to win on his own (sort of like Trent Green). When things start falling apart and Cassel gets put in bad situations where he has to try to force something to get the team back in the game, that is when he makes mistakes. I remember the same thing happening in Trent Greens first year.

Be patient. I am confident that we are going to bring in a lot of talent this offseason in terms of both players and coaches. It would not be fair to judge this group based on the mess they started with and what they are trying to do. They are building for another great run like we had in the 90s.

I would hate to say this, but the wins this year have looked horrid...besides the one against the squeelers.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I agree with you. Its not yet time to give up on anyone that has been brought in the last year.

Pioli Many fans think that the pats were brought by free agents and big names at that. The fact is that they were built through the draft. And great draft picks late at that. See Tom Brady. Thats how they were build outstid of moss. So thats probley and hopefuly what we see in KC.

Haley I have been very easy on this season. I am willing to give him this season as i have said over and over again. He could call a play late in a game that had Cassle just hand the ball to the other team and walk off the field and i will not get all over him. I dont think hes a great head coach right now but this is his rookie year. Give him time and he might be better then anyone thinks. The fact his with this team right now if somehow we had hank stram in his prime this would not be a great team right now. The fact is last year 2 wins this year 3. Yes we could have had more wins last year and this year. But we didnt win those games. 3 wins is more then 2 bottom line thats improvement.

Cassle i will admit that i am starting to have my doubts with. He is makeing mistakes that are hurting this team right now. He is missing Bowe maybe thats part of it. He is also in a sense a 2nd year QB. Its a little early to just give up on the guy. I think it may help him to sit for a game or even a half on the sidelines. It may first light a fire under him. And 2nd let him see some things with this team that he doesnt on the field. But I think its a little early to give up on him overall.

I think that anyone that has arrived in the last year deserves time. They were brought into a mess and not a mess that they created. Lets all be patent and see what happens. I think and hope that next season we will start to see something that looks like the Chiefs that we are use to seeing. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

I don't see why anyone thinks it's not fair to question whether Cassel is going to work out as our franchise quarterback or not. He is being paid like a franchise quarterback, so of course he's going to be expected to perform like one, which he isn't. Any doubts are justified up to this point.

Could he still turn it around? Of course, Trent Green did (as everyone keeps mentioning). Should we give up on him already? Absolutely not. That would be throwing 62 million dollars into a paper shredder. If he doesn't improve, though, it's going to set this team back several years.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I don't see why anyone thinks it's not fair to question whether Cassel is going to work out as our franchise quarterback or not. He is being paid like a franchise quarterback, so of course he's going to be expected to perform like one, which he isn't. Any doubts are justified up to this point.

Could he still turn it around? Of course, Trent Green did (as everyone keeps mentioning). Should we give up on him already? Absolutely not. That would be throwing 62 million dollars into a paper shredder. If he doesn't improve, though, it's going to set this team back several years.
    Plan B is getting the best run game in the leauge again.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Thank you sir! I am an avid fan, and I love this franchise, and Cassel has had his moments during the beginning of the game he looked good ill admit it he did, but then he started being stupid and overthrowing balls which is better then under throwing but still not good.

Your right...Not sinking....SUNK!!!!

The ship might not be sinking but the sky is, in deed, falling; Chicken Little told me so.

Yeah I hope we get some new receivers in teh offseason..i'm sick of the dropped passes..aside from chambers and bowe i am not to fond of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    The ship might not be sinking but the sky is, in deed, falling; Chicken Little told me so.
    Oh Chicken Little told you then it is indeed falling. We are all in trouble.

Well that or you have been drinking Candas beer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast