Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Bowe suspension lifted

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Bowe suspension lifted


    0 Not allowed!
    Commissioner Goodell lifted the suspension of Chiefs WR Dwayne Bowe. Chiefs have until next Monday to reinstate him. Adam Schefter reporting

  2. #21
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    The fact that other teams respect him enough to double cover him and leave Chambers and other recievers in single coverage is worth having him on the field.
    Yes that's why I said I would keep him, but I also would not be mordified if we got a great trade for him.

  3. #22
    Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    2,242
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Yes that's why I said I would keep him, but I also would not be mordified if we got a great trade for him.
    Rarely when trading a #1 draft choice do you get what you have invested in him. IMO Bowe understands that if he stops dropping passes he will be in line for a huge contract after next year. IMO he'll get to know a certain machine up close and personal this off season and catch passes til his hands are raw.

  4. #23
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Rarely when trading a #1 draft choice do you get what you have invested in him. IMO Bowe understands that if he stops dropping passes he will be in line for a huge contract after next year. IMO he'll get to know a certain machine up close and personal this off season and catch passes til his hands are raw.
    Honestly right now there is nobody on this team, that would hurt me to get traded like TG, I know if their will be another player as special as him.

  5. #24
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    414
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    i never liked the TG trade, he was our entire team...

    but trading Bowe would also be a mistake... OP, you keep saying you would rather have 2 reliable good WRs rather than 1 great bowe.... wel we dont even have ONE decent WR.... Wade? HA.... Chambers? He isnt aything special, and proved it last weekend vs. BUF.... Long cant catch tough passes either, and thats really all we have...

    Bowe is better than all of them, what we need to do is draft a tall speedy WR that can stretch the field (Briscoe)...Bowe cant be the only weapon in the passing game, he has to have help...

  6. #25
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    A.) I can't find a site that displays those stats in a sortable way.

    B.) I will agree that he has been poor about dropping passes for, at least this and last season.

    C.) He is a very young player. Sporadic performances are not uncommon with younger players. And it, by no means, is something that cannot be fixed.

    He shows enough promise to give him some time, and coaching attention, to get that part of his game to improve.

    Terrell Owens gets alot of criticism for dropping passes. But few actually doubt that he is not worth having on the field, for that alone. (Other factors make people believe that he isn't worth having. But the dropped passes alone are generally not.)

    Keep him around, and work with him, to get that problem solved. IMO

    Allow me.

    These are last years stats, since this year really does not matter considering how few game Bowe has played in.

    in 2008, Bowe was third in targeted passes with 157, behind Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson who had 181 and 170 respectively.

    The Former Chiefs Player Who Shall Remain Nameless came in fourth with 155.

    IN dropped passes, Bowe was second with 13, behind Braylon Edwards who had 16 and ahead of Brandon Marshall who had 12.

    So if this stat is to mean anything, then you have to consider the number of times he was targeted against the number of passes dropped. Which would give you a percentage.

    Take Brandon Marshall for instance, I don't think anyone can deny he is an awesome receiver, his pass drop rating is .06%, Bowe is .08%, not bad really.

    One other related stat, that I think is important when considering Bowe's abilities. That stat is the passes caught rating.

    Bowe haad 86 passes caught at 157 targets, Gonzales had 96 caught out of 155 targets and Brandon Marshall had 104 caught out of 181 targets.

    Here is how that stacks up.

    Bowe 54% catch rating
    Gonzales 61% catch rating
    Marshall 57% catch rating

    I think those numbers show that Bowe really is a premier receiver and if he continues to get better, he will be mentioned in the same breath with some of the greats.

    Oh and when you consider targets, you also have to consider our QB situation last season. The fact that Marshall only 3% better than Bowe with a Pro-bowl QB throwing at him last year (Cutler) speaks volumes about what he and The former Chiefs player were able to do last season.
    Last edited by Hayvern; 12-15-2009 at 03:50 PM.


    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

  7. #26
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    i never liked the TG trade, he was our entire team...

    but trading Bowe would also be a mistake... OP, you keep saying you would rather have 2 reliable good WRs rather than 1 great bowe.... wel we dont even have ONE decent WR.... Wade? HA.... Chambers? He isnt aything special, and proved it last weekend vs. BUF.... Long cant catch tough passes either, and thats really all we have...

    Bowe is better than all of them, what we need to do is draft a tall speedy WR that can stretch the field (Briscoe)...Bowe cant be the only weapon in the passing game, he has to have help...
    I am with you on the tall WR, I wanted Kenny Britt and he is killing it, but everything else you said is crap. Chambers is a good WR and has been pretty consistent, he missed one catch, it was a big one but it was a tough grab. I would rather have two chambers then one Bowe, any day even though Bowe has more of an upside, I would honestly say Chambers has better hands and better separation skills. Bowe is a better athlete though, he is big and he is hard to tackle, Chambers is not really hard to tackle but he catches the ball almost every time it touches him. It's insane, how soon people forget, Chambers has been a savior too us, he misses on catch and now he sucks come on man if we didn't have him we would have nothing right now, he was a huge asset in us beating the steelers, and he is not a really expensive player.

  8. #27
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale,Az
    Posts
    1,292
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Allow me.

    These are last years stats, since this year really does not matter considering how few game Bowe has played in.

    in 2008, Bowe was third in targeted passes with 157, behind Brandon Marshall and Andre Johnson who had 181 and 170 respectively.

    The Former Chiefs Player Who Shall Remain Nameless came in fourth with 155.

    IN dropped passes, Bowe was second with 13, behind Braylon Edwards who had 16 and ahead of Brandon Marshall who had 12.

    So if this stat is to mean anything, then you have to consider the number of times he was targeted against the number of passes dropped. Which would give you a percentage.

    Take Brandon Marshall for instance, I don't think anyone can deny he is an awesome receiver, his pass drop rating is .06%, Bowe is .08%, not bad really.

    One other related stat, that I think is important when considering Bowe's abilities. That stat is the passes caught rating.

    Bowe haad 86 passes caught at 157 targets, Gonzales had 96 caught out of 155 targets and Brandon Marshall had 104 caught out of 181 targets.

    Here is how that stacks up.

    Bowe 54% catch rating
    Gonzales 61% catch rating
    Marshall 57% catch rating

    I think those numbers show that Bowe really is a premier receiver and if he continues to get better, he will be mentioned in the same breath with some of the greats.

    Oh and when you consider targets, you also have to consider our QB situation last season. The fact that Marshall only 3% better than Bowe with a Pro-bowl QB throwing at him last year (Cutler) speaks volumes about what he and The former Chiefs player were able to do last season.
    The eye test and the effectiveness of what he does on the field to help the team win are way more important to me than those statistics. He may have passed my test but by a very slim margin with a C-. Very avg IMO.

  9. #28
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura, Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6
    Given: 1

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    There is nothing better than shutting up a stupid argument than posting statistics!

    Our job here is done, rat man, let's go home!



    Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Statement about LJ's suspension
    By jtandcrew in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 10:16 AM
  2. LJ suspension......
    By Drunker Hillbilly in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 10:18 AM
  3. ANOTHER LJ Suspension!!!!! From the NFL this time!
    By TRB05 in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 09:06 AM
  4. Chiefs DE Jared Allen Has Suspension Reduced To Two Games
    By Sweets in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 02:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •