Thread: ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Your Future Chiefs

Post ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Your Future Chiefs

Good read- it will be interesting to see how much of that is true during the offseason. I think he's right that the O-line will only see Albert and Waters starting next year.

I know this will be unpopular, but I just can't see cutting Mike Brown UNLESS we get a better option in free agency or the draft. Statistically, he's doing as well as anyone else in our secondary. Not, as I have said, a long-term fix, but unless we bring in someone new that's better, outright cutting him seems like a weird idea.

But then, outright cutting Pollard without a better replacement seemed odd too.

I think Cottam should here next year. He hasn't had alot of playing time but I think he could be something good.

And I don't see Niswanger lasting at Center.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Mike Brown will likely be gone, he is a free agent this year and will likely want more money than we are willing to pay which once again punctuates the whole Pollard deal. *disgusting*.

Corey Mays is a free agent, I know he is a starter now, but he is likely to be gone.

Niswanger, he will probably be gone, he is a restricted free agent and unless he is willing to consider playing for what KC would be willing to pay for a back-up offensive lineman, I see him walking.

We actually have quite a few guys who are free agents this season, Mike Goff is another one, I expect he will be gone, there is no room for an 11th year backup.

We will see though.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

A very good article!! For the past few weeks I've tried finding as much information as I can on How our OL is grading out. I haven't had a chance to surf out the Buffalo game but for the two weeks before, Alpert and Waters graded out to About 95% both run and pass blocking. Center and RG were about 75% in both. O'Callahan graded out to the high 90's in pass blocking, but dropped to about 75% in run blocking and is really bad when he gets to the second level.
    Smith, Alleman, Nduke and O'Callahan are likely backups hear. Need to find starters at Center, RG and RT.
    On offensive we need to find someone to work in rotation with JC. Weather it's a big back or not, they need to get to the line of scrimmage fast and have a burst to get thru what ever crease is there.
    It;s also a fact we need a WR/KR, doesn't seem like we have anyone who can handle the position.
    On defense another NT is a given. All those rushing yards given up aren't on the shoulders of the DL alone. We need at least Two LB's. They have to be able to stop the run and cover.
    We need a another good corner. Carr will be a good nickel, but is not good enough in coverage to be the every down corner.
    We can live with Brown/McGraw as the SS for another year, but have to have a FS who can cover.
    I'm hoping 2010 is a capped year, if it is there will be a lot of tallented 25,26 and 27 year old FA available. Yes I belive in building thru the draft but, we'll find out were Hunt's at as far as rebuilding the Chiefs. Pioli would have to move fast to get the guys we need and it would be exspensive. The thing is signing 4 or five good Free Agents and a good draft we could be a contender next year.
    If I had my way, we'd rebuild the OL thru Freee agency and use the drasft to get Berry or McClain A return man and a safety, maybe a RB.

I dont think we will see Waters on this team next year, call it a gut feeling. I'd like to see DJ back. I do not think you will find too much interest in him from other teams. I would think a new DC would do wonders and want an athetic speciman like DJ on the field.

The problem with Pendergast as well as Haley as an OC is that they dont put their players in a position to succeed. Lets use Chan Gaily as an example. Last year he made Chicken salad out of Chicken Poop. We see players such as Boone,Pollard doing pretty decent on their new teams telling me they were probably not he problem but just victims of the problem ...mediocre coaching.

I believe in coaching around your talent or lack there of instead of trying to force square pegs in round holes which I believe has happened this season.

Great article.
    Additions to the coaching staff: Charlie Weis as OC.
    Deletions from the coaching staff: Pendergrast as DC, although he may stay on the team as a coach.

I think your roster evauluation is rock solid. I guess I thought that Dujaun Morgan would be around as well, but who knows.

Great read! I was thinking that Derrick Johnson might be retained in a back up position, but could also see him being showed the door.

I like the article alot, but I disagree on Rudy Niswanger and Leonard Pope.

Pope wasn't brought in to be a "Haley" guy. He was just a guy that Haley was familiar with, and 9 times out of 10, humna beings go with the known quantity.

I would imagine that tight end will not be addressed in the draft, so there probably won't be a huge turnover at the position. The best blocker stays, and maybe that's Pope, but for some reason, I think it's Ryan. I think Cottam, the most talented, is gone.

Niswanger is out. Was this article written before he caused us two turnovers (resulting in TD) with his horrible snapping/shotgunning? gone gone gone, especially since we can get the best center in the draft with our later 2nd round pick.

Lance Long won't be back. He has been used as a motivational tool for the other receivers, who haven't been running their routes. Once Haley gets a couple of receivers in there who will run their routes with precision, he won't need Sir Lancelong to motivate the rest of the round table.

I think that if we put a lot of attention on the offensive line, then brian waters will be back. i think being next to guys who are holding down their assignements makes your job a lot easier.

Personally, if our pick holds at #5, then I don't see how we don't take Okung.

Tampa will go with Suh - they know how important a DT can be (Sapp).

Rams go either QB or Cody. they have their LT, DE, and RB. They can pair Cody up with Chris Long or replace Bulger.

Lions will take either Berry or Dunlap. If Gunther is still there next year, then he'll be pushing hard for Dunlap. If gunther doesn't have a pass rush from his front four, then he can't run his press cover schemes. He had Jared Allen and derrick thomas - he knows the value of an edge rusher.

Cleveland is going to take eric berry. playing ed reed and troy polamalu twice a year - they know how valuable the safety position is. AFC North becomes the greatest collection of safeties in the league. Yowsers.

KC takes Okung, moves albert to right guard, and drafts a center in the 2nd or third round.

I realy hope that we at least keep a good number of our young guys unless we get sold proven players then let some of them go. I just dont want to start all over with the building yet again. This team is young enough I realy would hate to see some of the younger players that at least have some experance go for rookies. Some of the older ones that are not playing much sure let them go theres no upside to keeping them around. Chances are they are not going to be anything that we have not seen already.