Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LeGarret Blount, RB - Oregon....?

Default LeGarret Blount, RB - Oregon....?

This is the guy who infamously punched the opposing player from Boise State earlier this year and got suspended for half the season or longer... they were saying he was potentially a first round draft choice, but now he may fall around the 5th round due to this incident....

i think we could get some great value for drafting a guy like this (i dont put alot of blame on him for punching the kid who was talking right in his face, and in that hostile college crowd environment.... any football player wouldve done the same thing, and he has shown that he was sorry...)

for those who dont know, he is a big, fast, bruising runner that would be a perfect compliment to Charles... we could have a Carolina or Tennessee (but much better than LenDale) esque type runningback system.... would be great for Bowe, couple that with an OL via our top 10 pick, and a WR like Briscoe with our late 2nd (ATL) or 3rd rounder....

im just sayin lol...

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    If he were projected to go in an early round, then I would be completely against the idea of bringing him in. But as I see it, we'd be lucky if we even end up with someone that has 53 man roster talent in the 6th round.

Worst case: We end up cutting him, just as many 6th rounders are.

Best case: We find a solid complimentary back for KCJC.

It's very rare to be able to find an athletic 6'2" 240 lb RB with good speed and production late in the draft.
    Sure. But I am not real high on RBs anyway. Give me the blockers, and I'll just grab some no-name guy and teach the world his name.

Why waste a draft pick when he's slated to go undrafted due to his "behavior" on and off the field. But some team will reach for him maybe on day 3 (thanks Goodell)

IF he's available late in the 3rd, I'd trade up to get him.

The kid showed some real character sticking with his punishment and not just transferring just so he could play. If not or the Boise incident, he'd be a first round guy... you don't pass that kind of talent up too many times. The Boise thing got outta hand, but the Boise kid got what he deserved to be quite honest.

This whole "Pioli likes character guys" is ridiculous. Randy Moss ring a bell? Rodney Harrison anyone? That entire NE team was full of dirty players and "character issues." It's not Pioli who would have the issue... it's Haley. Haley has shown he doesn't have the capacity to co-exist with other strong personalities. He's incapable of coaching or building players up.

Are there any videos of him?

perfect time for you to learn how to use youtube.

just type in LeGarret Blount, Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    perfect time for you to learn how to use youtube.

just type in LeGarret Blount, Oregon.
    I've been using YouTube for years!

well...

well...
    Well...?

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Sure. But I am not real high on RBs anyway. Give me the blockers, and I'll just grab some no-name guy and teach the world his name.
    Testify!

IF he's available late in the 3rd, I'd trade up to get him.

The kid showed some real character sticking with his punishment and not just transferring just so he could play. If not or the Boise incident, he'd be a first round guy... you don't pass that kind of talent up too many times. The Boise thing got outta hand, but the Boise kid got what he deserved to be quite honest.

This whole "Pioli likes character guys" is ridiculous. Randy Moss ring a bell? Rodney Harrison anyone? That entire NE team was full of dirty players and "character issues." It's not Pioli who would have the issue... it's Haley. Haley has shown he doesn't have the capacity to co-exist with other strong personalities. He's incapable of coaching or building players up.

Third round? No thanks. Far too much risk for my approval.

Showing character by sticking with the punishment? Nah. That was just the common sense thing to do.

And, as always, I put far less value in the RB position than most do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast