Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LeGarret Blount, RB - Oregon....?

Hybrid View

Default LeGarret Blount, RB - Oregon....?

This is the guy who infamously punched the opposing player from Boise State earlier this year and got suspended for half the season or longer... they were saying he was potentially a first round draft choice, but now he may fall around the 5th round due to this incident....

i think we could get some great value for drafting a guy like this (i dont put alot of blame on him for punching the kid who was talking right in his face, and in that hostile college crowd environment.... any football player wouldve done the same thing, and he has shown that he was sorry...)

for those who dont know, he is a big, fast, bruising runner that would be a perfect compliment to Charles... we could have a Carolina or Tennessee (but much better than LenDale) esque type runningback system.... would be great for Bowe, couple that with an OL via our top 10 pick, and a WR like Briscoe with our late 2nd (ATL) or 3rd rounder....

im just sayin lol...

Nice post and nice idea. The NFL has shown that youth is where its at when your talking RB. I have a hard time seeing Pioli draft Blount though. Pioli is into character guys.

CLICK HERE! FOR MY TWITTER PAGE

i agree with you about Pioli, but this team needs playmakers....bad. If we can get him in the 5th round, it would be huge for Charles, and the rest of the offense as well... i would do it, i really dont think he is that bad of a guy...

If they could pick him up in the 4th or 5th round that would be great. The Chiefs need a solid backup for Charles that is something that they are lacking at the moment.

As for the punching rember Pioli is the one that took a chance on Moss when every other team figured that he was done. Moss has put up some great numbers with the pats. So Pioli has a history of giveing a guy with some problems a secound chance. So it could happen good thought.

I think the Blount thing was blown out of proportion and I wouldn't mind taking a chance at him in a later round to compliment Charles, assuming we have addressed enough needs up to that point. The 5th-6th round is really as early as we can afford to grab a backup RB.

I actually agree on this. While I think it was really bad when he did that. He took his punishment without complained and actually was very positive when he returned to the team from what I could see. He does look like I guy that made a mistake in the heat of the moment and knows it. We have all been dumb kids before.

If we can get an OL to block straight forward, then it could do us some good.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NO NO NO NO NO NO

you guys the situation was not blown out of porportion.. I'm in Boise and watched the game.

The guy hit another player in the face... then hit one of his own teammates, Then had to be restrained by a police officer and an assistant coach before while trying to jump into the crowd to fight about 3 guys. And had to be dragged back to the locker room by that coach and that police officer.

The guy has no business being on my team. I wish him well and hope a team takes him but not my team.

Well, what he did was pretty despicaple. He basically just went "gangstah".

Seems like a guy who has some issues in his life.

Sure, he could overcome that kind of thing. But it is definitely a big risk.

Most people just bottle-up that kind of personality, and it eventually shows itself agin.

I thought we just got rid of that guy though.

I prefer to not have that kind of a guy around. But if we did bring him in, I would like to know that he is on a very short leash. Meaning that he starts out with two strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, what he did was pretty despicaple. He basically just went "gangstah".

Seems like a guy who has some issues in his life.

Sure, he could overcome that kind of thing. But it is definitely a big risk.

Most people just bottle-up that kind of personality, and it eventually shows itself agin.

I thought we just got rid of that guy though.

I prefer to not have that kind of a guy around. But if we did bring him in, I would like to know that he is on a very short leash. Meaning that he starts out with two strikes.
    If he were projected to go in an early round, then I would be completely against the idea of bringing him in. But as I see it, we'd be lucky if we even end up with someone that has 53 man roster talent in the 6th round.

Worst case: We end up cutting him, just as many 6th rounders are.

Best case: We find a solid complimentary back for KCJC.

It's very rare to be able to find an athletic 6'2" 240 lb RB with good speed and production late in the draft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast