Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: JC 1000 yard rushing season?

Default JC 1000 yard rushing season?

Ok look.
    JC has 605 yards right
    There are 3 games left. To get to 1000 he need 395 yards.
    395/3=131.66
    So lets say he need to get an average of 132 YAG

That would put him the first RB to get to 1000 yards since 2006.

What you say?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Who cares. The accomplishment of being a 1k runner isn't that big of a deal anymore and is really a standard for average running backs. There are teams cranking out two 1k runners.

A featured back should get 1000 yards. I know he didn't play the whole season but the achievements isn't a wow....

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Who cares. The accomplishment of being a 1k runner isn't that big of a deal anymore and is really a standard for average running backs. There are teams cranking out two 1k runners.

A featured back should get 1000 yards. I know he didn't play the whole season but the achievements isn't a wow....

Some of us enjoy finding something to be happy about when there isn't a whole lot to be happy about instead of drowning in negativity. Charles getting 1000 yards despite only starting 8 times with minimal touches before that would be a nice accomplishment if you ask me.

And no team is going to have 2 1000 yard rushers this season BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Not likely to happen.

Next year there is no reason at all that he shouldnt.
    Pretty much was I think!

Agree that he will most likely fall short of 1000.

But it will also be a great thing if he continues to maintain over 5 yds avg per carry. He had 5.3 last year and has been consistently at 5.2 this year. I say he finishes with at least 5.1.

Imagine how many yards he'd have if we hadn't wasted the first part of the season on that other guy.

Better yet, imagine how many rushing TD's we might have scored.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Imagine how many yards he'd have if we hadn't wasted the first part of the season on that other guy.

jb
    Yeah!!!!

jb
    I don't want to cause it makes me pissed, then I start to think we would have won more games, our team would be more unified, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post

Some of us enjoy finding something to be happy about when there isn't a whole lot to be happy about instead of drowning in negativity. Charles getting 1000 yards despite only starting 8 times with minimal touches before that would be a nice accomplishment if you ask me.

And no team is going to have 2 1000 yard rushers this season BTW.
    I prefer the accomplishment that he has scored a Td in every game since LJ left. I like the fact, he isn't posting a 2.5 average per carry. I like the fact he is doing it hurt and with a bad line.

My point wasn't to be negative. Just the fact that having 1K yards doesn't mean much anymore. Specially since many teams are going away from the one featured back.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    I prefer the accomplishment that he has scored a Td in every game since LJ left. I like the fact, he isn't posting a 2.5 average per carry. I like the fact he is doing it hurt and with a bad line.

My point wasn't to be negative. Just the fact that having 1K yards doesn't mean much anymore. Specially since many teams are going away from the one featured back.
    I hear ya man. KCJC has been such an improvement in every possible way over LJ. The only thing I don't understand is how Todd Haley didn't know this going into the season. I've been calling for Charles to start and LJ to be at most the short yardage back since the offseason!

You're right that 1000 yards isn't much of an accomplishment anymore. I just like the situation in this one a lot more.

jb
    Not to even mention how having JC starting and running for us in all 16 games would affect the way we controlled the ball in those games which also affects how the other teams score. We most seriously could have won more games with him running the ball. Cry baby LJ didn't even try , that put a tremendous amount of pressure on the team to try and throw the ball when we may have been able to run for some of those 3rd down conversions or what have you. I hope that he gets it, very unlikly he won't but if he does it will prove how little the cry baby was actually not doing.
    Chiefs Nation

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast