Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What we need in no particular order

Default What we need in no particular order

Brandon Jacobs type running back to compliment JC
    RG
    RT
    C
    Jason Dunn type TE
    Brian Orakpo type pass rusher to help Tamba (and I wanted this guy bad and he now has 11 sacks as an OLB)
    Tall speedy WR like Kenny Britt (who I also wanted and is having a good rookie year on a bad team)

7 guys RB,RG,RT,C,TE,LB,WR and we will be killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I wish I could say I was as optimistic as you are, but I see a lot more needs.

RG/LT (depending on where they decide to put Albert)
    NT
    OLB
    ILB (maybe 2)
    SS
    Backup RB
    Fast WR
    C
    RT
    Backup LG
    KR/PR
    Nickel CB

Even then, I have a hard time imagining us killing it because I'm not in love with a lot of the keepers.
    You're pretty close!!! About the only thing we've rebuilt so far is the back end of the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    You're pretty close!!! About the only thing we've rebuilt so far is the back end of the roster.
    Hey, a great kicker, punter, and long snapper are something!

Hey, a great kicker, punter, and long snapper are something!
    You are correct, but the punter was already here.

I would say....

1 LOT
    1 ROT
    1 C
    1 SS
    1 FS
    1 NT
    1 OLB
    1 CB
    1 OC
    1 QB Coach
    1 DC

That is for staring positions. I didn't want to bother with things like another RB, where we can do with a low round/UFA player.

I am fine with the WRs we have. And we don't have to have another Tony Gonzalez to be a good team.

QB, I am ready to see if we can protect Cassel and cut him loose some.

FB is not a position that I think is going to be playing a very big part in Haley's offense.

I say LOT because Albert has great potential as an OG. Getting a top-notch LOT and upgrading our RG spot like that would be a tremendous boost to our entire offense.

ROT might have been ok for this season, had we kept Sackintosh. He did surprisingly well last season.

But we are very shaky at C too.

We have young players with alot of upside already on our D-line. But I think everyone knows that we are quite questionable at NT. (Tank was doing pretty good... before we traded him away.)

Hali's recent explosion has me feeling a whole lot better about him. But Vrabel is not gonna be able to start for too much longer. Need to get someone in here to start preparing to fill that spot.

Carr might sufice as the second CB, but I have not been trusting him alot recently.

And, while I don't have a real big problem with Mike Brown, he is far from a young player, and does still worry me, when it comes to remaining healthy.

And I don't like Jared Page at all, as a starter.

Then, I also included a DC, OC and QB Coach. I think that those positions are going to be more important than any of the player positions.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I would say....

1 LOT
    1 ROT
    1 C
    1 SS
    1 FS
    1 NT
    1 OLB
    1 CB
    1 OC
    1 QB Coach
    1 DC

That is for staring positions. I didn't want to bother with things like another RB, where we can do with a low round/UFA player.

I am fine with the WRs we have. And we don't have to have another Tony Gonzalez to be a good team.

QB, I am ready to see if we can protect Cassel and cut him loose some.

FB is not a position that I think is going to be playing a very big part in Haley's offense.

I say LOT because Albert has great potential as an OG. Getting a top-notch LOT and upgrading our RG spot like that would be a tremendous boost to our entire offense.

ROT might have been ok for this season, had we kept Sackintosh. He did surprisingly well last season.

But we are very shaky at C too.

We have young players with alot of upside already on our D-line. But I think everyone knows that we are quite questionable at NT. (Tank was doing pretty good... before we traded him away.)

Hali's recent explosion has me feeling a whole lot better about him. But Vrabel is not gonna be able to start for too much longer. Need to get someone in here to start preparing to fill that spot.

Carr might sufice as the second CB, but I have not been trusting him alot recently.

And, while I don't have a real big problem with Mike Brown, he is far from a young player, and does still worry me, when it comes to remaining healthy.

And I don't like Jared Page at all, as a starter.

Then, I also included a DC, OC and QB Coach. I think that those positions are going to be more important than any of the player positions.
    I said no particular order, we could pick up a RB as a FA or 4th round. OL is number one obviously, then pass rush, the skill positions like RB/WR, I don't think we need a TG type TE at all I want a blocking TE that's why I said Dunn he was a beast.

A Dunn clone sure would be nice. A blocking TE that was on the Giants Super Bowl team was tried out several weeks ago, but I guess nothing came of it. It's hard to find a TE who blocks as well as many offensive linemen and can also run some routes.

A Dunn clone sure would be nice. A blocking TE that was on the Giants Super Bowl team was tried out several weeks ago, but I guess nothing came of it. It's hard to find a TE who blocks as well as many offensive linemen and can also run some routes.
    He's probably the most underrated TE ever.

I don't understand why several of you wan't 2 ILB's.. I think at the most 1. Demorrio has been playing solid LB, and Mays has been producing more than anyone expected..
    If we are to get an ILB then it should be with a relatively high pick, so the chance of getting someone actually better than those two is higher.

We definately need a thumper RB, C, RG, (RT or LT would be nice), WR, Atleast 1 maybe 2 safeties, OLB and finally a NT.

We also need an OC and a new WR coach.. Badly!
    A new D-line coach and maybe a new DC.

All in all we have a long way to go!

In very particular order, we need:

LT
    C
    RT -
    WR
    FS
    TE
    ILB
    NT
    ILB
    OLB

Notice I have left tackle here, but not right guard. That's because I would imagine Albert will be moving to the right side of the line, which is fine by me. Anyone remember our last great right guard? His name was Will Shields.

edit: this is all just to become a competitive team. We also need a RB2, CB2, WR, AND FB
    Last edited by SAPHOJUNKIE; 12-16-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    In very particular order, we need:

LT
    C
    RT -
    WR
    S
    TE
    ILB
    NT
    ILB
    OLB

Notice I have left tackle here, but not right guard. That's because I would imagine Albert will be moving to the right side of the line, which is fine by me. Anyone remember our last great right guard? His name was Will Shields.
    WR? What about Chris Chambers and Dwayne Bowe????!!!

Although a rookie WR would be nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast