Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NY Times Post (It's official, Cassel sucks)

Default NY Times Post (It's official, Cassel sucks)

A post from the NYTimes Fifth Down bog (via NFLStatAnalysis )

KC has been involved in two of the games with the worst quarterbacking.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...worse/#preview

And, as far as individual performances, Cassel has had two of the 20 worst of the season.

NFLStatAnalysis: Passer Rating: Worst Weeks of The Season

When will this get better?!?!?!? Dickie V where are you?!?!?!?

After 7 or so years of being a backup QB, Matt Cassel stepped into a good (no longer great) New England Patriot team and won ELEVEN games.

Guys, he's not the cure-all answer some of y'all were all hoping he'd be, but he's also not the majority of the problem. He has shown that with a good (not great) team around him, that he can be as good as any QB in the league. It's REALLY tough to succeed when you're set up to fail with a horrible O-line, a WR corp that loves to drop passes or deflect them into the air to be intercepted, no QB coach, no OC, and a head coach that does a great job of making sure you get to play from behind the entire game.

Besides... show me a better option. There won't be a franchise cornerstone QB in free agency OR in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    After 7 or so years of being a backup QB, Matt Cassel stepped into a good (no longer great) New England Patriot team and won ELEVEN games.

Guys, he's not the cure-all answer some of y'all were all hoping he'd be, but he's also not the majority of the problem. He has shown that with a good (not great) team around him, that he can be as good as any QB in the league. It's REALLY tough to succeed when you're set up to fail with a horrible O-line, a WR corp that loves to drop passes or deflect them into the air to be intercepted, no QB coach, no OC, and a head coach that does a great job of making sure you get to play from behind the entire game.

Besides... show me a better option. There won't be a franchise cornerstone QB in free agency OR in the draft.
    Great reply. I have had a couple of problems with Cassel and have stated them in various threads, but I have to say that I, also, agree with your assessment of him.

Yeah I think we do need to give him a better OL but he isnt that great anyway, I eam he can throw the ball but not amazingly. Dont get me wrong though, I dont "hate" him, I would like to see him get better (if he does). Because as a Backup QB you dont get to play much but now hes "the" QB of the team so he has the chance to get better more quickly, (once again, if he does)

Did you notice both of the bad games were against the bolts? Even our defense managed to get on there twice even though we lost one of the games.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234