Thread: The best idea ever

Default The best idea ever

In the past few years we have seen the morale of the Chiefs decline substantially. I thought of an idea that would motivate everyone - player incentives. Sure the players may make a good chunk of change and some definitely more than others. But how about making pay somewhat performance based? For example, if a defensive end gets a sack maybe they can be rewarded by getting $5,000 or whatever reasonable price that could be relative to their pay. Or perhaps a linebacker or safety gets an interception, or a running back gets over 100 yards. I think it would revolutionize football by means of hyped up personal accountability and motivation. What do you all think of this idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Adumb View Post
    In the past few years we have seen the morale of the Chiefs decline substantially. I thought of an idea that would motivate everyone - player incentives. Sure the players may make a good chunk of change and some definitely more than others. But how about making pay somewhat performance based? For example, if a defensive end gets a sack maybe they can be rewarded by getting $5,000 or whatever reasonable price that could be relative to their pay. Or perhaps a linebacker or safety gets an interception, or a running back gets over 100 yards. I think it would revolutionize football by means of hyped up personal accountability and motivation. What do you all think of this idea?
    Thats how contracts work, pretty much all are performance based, if you just play you get this amount, but if you do well and have these numbers you get this amount. For Cassel is getting 60 mil but only if he meets certain criteria.Plus what you suggested is more of like a UFC MMA type award system you can't award one individual like that it's team sport, for instace Tamba might get the sack but maybe it's because Dorsey was being double teamed.