Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To all the Cassel haters

Default To all the Cassel haters

Would you please give us a list of the available quarterbacks from the END OF LAST SEASON who would be a better fit on this team.

I read post after post of how bad he is and not many if any names have sufaced that would have saved our season.

For the record I still fully support Cassel and maybe that makes me an idiot but I want more than one season before calling for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Being a Chiefs fan through all of this losing is actually making me tired...constant defending or criticizing I do more defending because I try to be optimistic but all of the loads of crap that fly around here looking for Haley, Pioli, Cassel, Bowe, Jackson, Dorsey, Albert and who ever else has a bad week head is ridiculous.

I know it is normal being a fan to a point but you can not draw any conclusions at this point you have to give them all more than this year and for that matter next. All they need to do next year is show improvement to this year and hope that the 3rd year under Pioli and Haley they compete for playoffs and then maybe a run at it in the 4th year. It is minimum a three year plan so grin and bear it and drink away the bad Sundays
    Myself, I am pretty hard on Todd Haley. But not actually calling for his head.

But when you are bold enough to give as much of a chance as he gave some of the players around here, I question rather or not he deserves more of a chance than they did.

He seemed to send a message of "Get it right, right now, or get out".

So, why wouldn't he be held to that same standard?

If you expect the people under you to be held to a certain amount of accountability, then you should be willing to be held to that same level, yourself, in my opinion.

Sure I see the point but he does not have the horses and he inherited some donkeys should you not be given more than one season to recruit your own talent and they get paid tones of cash to perform he can't play so it is different so I would not hold him at that same level just yet he deserves more time the players no especially meaning the veterans.

There has been a time or two that Croyle was in at QB and I didn't see him do anything that makes me think he is our starter over Cassell. We should get the man a decent line to work behind then see how he does . If he blows after that we should draft one and not a second or third rounder either, first round all the way. Something tells me we won't need to.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    Sure I see the point but he does not have the horses and he inherited some donkeys should you not be given more than one season to recruit your own talent and they get paid tones of cash to perform he can't play so it is different so I would not hold him at that same level just yet he deserves more time the players no especially meaning the veterans.
    My problem with Todd Hailey, is he came in as rookie OC, then got a Head Coaching job and is so all knowing now that he is a HC, he cans his very experienced OC, one week before the season starts. That is very much a burr under my skin right now! I, gasp, almost, rather have Herm, gasp, somebody call 911, I think I am having a Herm attack. I hope my opionion changes! I hope Hailey becomes the coach to take us back to the Super Bowl, I hope Cassel is the one QB that helps us get there, I hope, I hope, I hope, someday it will happen, but I hope it is soon!!!!! I am a Chief, but a very short tempered, and less patient one these days.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    My problem with Todd Hailey, is he came in as rookie OC, then got a Head Coaching job and is so all knowing now that he is a HC, he cans his very experienced OC, one week before the season starts. That is very much a burr under my skin right now! I, gasp, almost, rather have Herm, gasp, somebody call 911, I think I am having a Herm attack. I hope my opionion changes! I hope Hailey becomes the coach to take us back to the Super Bowl, I hope Cassel is the one QB that helps us get there, I hope, I hope, I hope, someday it will happen, but I hope it is soon!!!!! I am a Chief, but a very short tempered, and less patient one these days.

Even with what i have seen this season I am so glad that haley is the coach instead of herm. We no the coach that herm is. He had been around long enough tore down the jets and helped to tear down the Chiefs. The fact is that we dont no the Head Coach that Todd Haley is going to be. This is his first year most coaches dont do well with there first team after a coach is Fired. sure there are some exceptions but most dont. Theres a reason why the prevous coach was fired. So I Do not miss herm for one secound.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    Would you please give us a list of the available quarterbacks from the END OF LAST SEASON who would be a better fit on this team.

I read post after post of how bad he is and not many if any names have sufaced that would have saved our season.

For the record I still fully support Cassel and maybe that makes me an idiot but I want more than one season before calling for a replacement.
    I'm with ya, not against ya...nor against Cassel, agree it's too soon to judge him. In fact, I'm finding the more of an 'underdog' he becomes, the more I've paid attention to detail of his game. I actually see details in him that have initiated my support for him as our QB growing.

That said, I may change my opinion by the end of next season, haha. :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I'm with ya, not against ya...nor against Cassel, agree it's too soon to judge him. In fact, I'm finding the more of an 'underdog' he becomes, the more I've paid attention to detail of his game. I actually see details in him that have initiated my support for him as our QB growing.

That said, I may change my opinion by the end of next season, haha. :)
    If Pioli is allowed to use the deep pockets of the Hunt family fund mountain , works on getting our OLine back to the condition we are used to seeing I think that by the end of next season you will be in Love with Matt Cassell. Right now our team is in such horrid dismel condition it is almost impossible to make a fair judgment. Our WRs drop just about every pass thrown at them including the ones they should catch like when they hit their hands. Matt is getting the ball in the right places for it to happen which is amazing since he is usually running away from multiple men chasing him down. When JC runs hard and sets up a second and four situation and then Cassell gets sacked it really makes his job that much harder and that is not his fault. He isn't perfect but he is also not 100% at fault for the Chiefs only getting three wins in 2009 to date.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    If Pioli is allowed to use the deep pockets of the Hunt family fund mountain , works on getting our OLine back to the condition we are used to seeing I think that by the end of next season you will be in Love with Matt Cassell. Right now our team is in such horrid dismel condition it is almost impossible to make a fair judgment. Our WRs drop just about every pass thrown at them including the ones they should catch like when they hit their hands. Matt is getting the ball in the right places for it to happen which is amazing since he is usually running away from multiple men chasing him down. When JC runs hard and sets up a second and four situation and then Cassell gets sacked it really makes his job that much harder and that is not his fault. He isn't perfect but he is also not 100% at fault for the Chiefs only getting three wins in 2009 to date.
    Nice overview, and I agree! I also don't believe he's anywhere even close to being the biggest problem for the Chiefs, if a problem at all that is.

I really like what I've begun to see in Cassel, and my respect for him grew when he became irritated with booing fans...somewhat saying to himself outloud STFU. It shows he's competitive, and want's to win, as well as he wants approval & support of the fans...and that's a good indicator IMO.

A QB who only cares about the money or himself, wouldn't have reacted with frustration to the booing...would've casually ignored it.

My current thought is that he will have a much better 2nd yr, and a GREAT 3rd year with the Chiefs. I can't pin point why, but I'm feeling by the 3rd or 4th year...we are going to see a great Chiefs team making the playoffs...hopefully, all the way to the Super Bowl!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by endzonewillie View Post
    Yes, and maybe he will get a Qb coach to tell him his passes are not caught because he has no touch, and needs to work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post

...And with the black out Sunday it has become clear that you are not the only one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast