Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This just in: dragons5 joins the ChiefsCrowd.com community...

Default This just in: dragons5 joins the ChiefsCrowd.com community...

dragons5 has just joined the ChiefsCrowd.com community!

Please join me in welcoming dragons5 to the site!

Welcome -dragons5 - now go get us some beers.
    The only Racing Team that matters-HENDRICK MotorSports. 24\48\88\5.. I need another! :please: :
    I'm out..

1 Free "Get Out Of Mancard Violation" earned by braving The Black Hole as The Chiefs redeemed themselves.

Yeah....what he said!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post
    thanks. I just think Lamar deserves way more respect than the league is giving him (although I was touched that the cowboys owner showed his due respect a couple seasons back). After all Lamar did for the league, for the game and for the name of Football I think the league could pay him homage.

It would be like saying Green Bay couldn't get a Superbowl unless they guaranteed no snow in the stadium and had it heated for Fans. Real football fans would go to the Superbowl no matter what the conditions and if it was in Buffalo, Minneapolis, Green Bay, Seattle or Kansas City they would sit through the snow and remember all the great action that much more. It's time we stop having the Superbowl be this pretty event with all the sunshine and few problems and it's time we had another Ice Bowl.

btw. I was at Lamars Memorial service (i live blocks from SMU)

I walked in with a chiefs shirt and a chiefs ball cap. Everyone was dressed in suits and stuff so I was a bit outta place. A male member of the family+close friends so me outside and thanked me for coming all this way... guess they thought I drove down.

I miss living in KS and seeing all the chiefs games. I was just in KC to see my brother off for Iraq and man did it feel good to be back in the Paris of the Plains.

Oh and I'm a Tech N9ne fan too =]
    You're right that real football fans would go to the game...anyone spending time on this website would qualify...however remember that our beloved game has sold a piece of its soul to corporate America in the form of sponsors. When that happened the major event that is the Super Bowl no longer became our game. The game is as much a marketing event for the NFL to grow and their corporate sponsors to make money as it is a championship game. It is unfortunate but the same factors dominate all other sports, including some amateur level sports. Why of course is it that all of the BCS bowls are played in "tourist towns" in the Sun Belt. Why were Miami, Phoenix, New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Dallas selected, well who wants to go to El Paso, or Detroit in the winter?!

I know that the Super Bowl was in Detroit a few years back, but it was in that warehouse named after a car, and many of the people involved on the money side weren't pleased with the location. Expect a whole lot more of the usual (Texas, California, Florida and Arizona), with a rare indoor Super bowl thrown into a new or rebuilt stadium.

I'm not saying its right, I'd jump on the opportunity to go to Lambeau, Orchard Park, Soldier Field (old or new) or Arrowhead for a Super Bowl...but then again I already said, I'm a certifiable football junkie.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    You're right that real football fans would go to the game...anyone spending time on this website would qualify...however remember that our beloved game has sold a piece of its soul to corporate America in the form of sponsors. When that happened the major event that is the Super Bowl no longer became our game. The game is as much a marketing event for the NFL to grow and their corporate sponsors to make money as it is a championship game. It is unfortunate but the same factors dominate all other sports, including some amateur level sports. Why of course is it that all of the BCS bowls are played in "tourist towns" in the Sun Belt. Why were Miami, Phoenix, New Orleans, Jacksonville, and Dallas selected, well who wants to go to El Paso, or Detroit in the winter?!

I know that the Super Bowl was in Detroit a few years back, but it was in that warehouse named after a car, and many of the people involved on the money side weren't pleased with the location. Expect a whole lot more of the usual (Texas, California, Florida and Arizona), with a rare indoor Super bowl thrown into a new or rebuilt stadium.

I'm not saying its right, I'd jump on the opportunity to go to Lambeau, Orchard Park, Soldier Field (old or new) or Arrowhead for a Super Bowl...but then again I already said, I'm a certifiable football junkie.
    That one would be a tough sell. They don't call it the "Ralph" for no reason. That stadium is a dump!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    That one would be a tough sell. They don't call it the "Ralph" for no reason. That stadium is a dump!!
    My point wasn't the quality of the stadium but rather picking stadiums notorious for "tough" weather, and that most football nuts would go for the event...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12