Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This just in: dragons5 joins the ChiefsCrowd.com community...

Default This just in: dragons5 joins the ChiefsCrowd.com community...

dragons5 has just joined the ChiefsCrowd.com community!

Please join me in welcoming dragons5 to the site!

thanks. I live in Dallas which sucks cause I rarely get to see games anymore.

I am originally from the Emporia KS area and have been a chiefs fan since birth. Looking at going to the Chiefs vs. Titans game at arrowhead this year.

I do not support the new roof for Arrowhead.

dragons5 :010-Head01: :001-Weapon01: welcome to the crowd!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragons5 View Post
    thanks. I live in Dallas which sucks cause I rarely get to see games anymore.

I am originally from the Emporia KS area and have been a chiefs fan since birth. Looking at going to the Chiefs vs. Titans game at arrowhead this year.

I do not support the new roof for Arrowhead.
    Well, welcome aboard dragons5. What is it that you dislike about the roof idea?

well for starters the lack of a roof is what gives Arrowhead it's world renowned character. And then there is the fact that todays NFL commissioner is making the gridiron game one of comfort.

Football should be played in the rain, snow and other bad non-emergency weather.

Refusing the Superbowl to one of the leagues most storied teams founded by one of the most historic persons in the NFL unless the stadium has a roof is a travesty of American football.

well for starters the lack of a roof is what gives Arrowhead it's world renowned character. And then there is the fact that todays NFL commissioner is making the gridiron game one of comfort.

Football should be played in the rain, snow and other bad non-emergency weather.

Refusing the Superbowl to one of the leagues most storied teams founded by one of the most historic persons in the NFL unless the stadium has a roof is a travesty of American football.

Agreed, and...

Welcome! BTW :)

Hafa Adai!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Agreed, and...

Welcome! BTW :)
    thanks. I just think Lamar deserves way more respect than the league is giving him (although I was touched that the cowboys owner showed his due respect a couple seasons back). After all Lamar did for the league, for the game and for the name of Football I think the league could pay him homage.

It would be like saying Green Bay couldn't get a Superbowl unless they guaranteed no snow in the stadium and had it heated for Fans. Real football fans would go to the Superbowl no matter what the conditions and if it was in Buffalo, Minneapolis, Green Bay, Seattle or Kansas City they would sit through the snow and remember all the great action that much more. It's time we stop having the Superbowl be this pretty event with all the sunshine and few problems and it's time we had another Ice Bowl.

btw. I was at Lamars Memorial service (i live blocks from SMU)

I walked in with a chiefs shirt and a chiefs ball cap. Everyone was dressed in suits and stuff so I was a bit outta place. A male member of the family+close friends so me outside and thanked me for coming all this way... guess they thought I drove down.

I miss living in KS and seeing all the chiefs games. I was just in KC to see my brother off for Iraq and man did it feel good to be back in the Paris of the Plains.

Oh and I'm a Tech N9ne fan too =]
    Last edited by dragons5; 09-03-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Everything happens for a reason.

thanks. I just think Lamar deserves way more respect than the league is giving him (although I was touched that the cowboys owner showed his due respect a couple seasons back). After all Lamar did for the league, for the game and for the name of Football I think the league could pay him homage.

It would be like saying Green Bay couldn't get a Superbowl unless they guaranteed no snow in the stadium and had it heated for Fans. Real football fans would go to the Superbowl no matter what the conditions and if it was in Buffalo, Minneapolis, Green Bay, Seattle or Kansas City they would sit through the snow and remember all the great action that much more. It's time we stop having the Superbowl be this pretty event with all the sunshine and few problems and it's time we had another Ice Bowl.

btw. I was at Lamars Memorial service (i live blocks from SMU)

I walked in with a chiefs shirt and a chiefs ball cap. Everyone was dressed in suits and stuff so I was a bit outta place. A male member of the family+close friends so me outside and thanked me for coming all this way... guess they thought I drove down.

I miss living in KS and seeing all the chiefs games. I was just in KC to see my brother off for Iraq and man did it feel good to be back in the Paris of the Plains.

Oh and I'm a Tech N9ne fan too =]
    Agreed; but then they wouldn't get a big time act to perform at the extended half time that no one watching from home will ever care about guaranteeing the game will last well beyond what it ever should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast