Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Anyone ever heard of this guy?

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Anyone ever heard of this guy?


    0 Not allowed!
    The Vikings hoped to slip quarterback Tyler Thigpen through waivers, but that didn't work. The Chiefs, trying to replace Casey Printers as a third quarterback, claimed Thigpen and put him in that spot.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    The Vikings hoped to slip quarterback Tyler Thigpen through waivers, but that didn't work. The Chiefs, trying to replace Casey Printers as a third quarterback, claimed Thigpen and put him in that spot.
    I heard they cut Sippio in order to put him on the roster. Any truth to that?
    Everything happens for a reason.

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    yes. They cut Sippio to pick him up.
    I found this news on the homepage of ChiefsCrowd.com. Yes.. there is also a home page.

    Kansas City Claims CB Rashad Barksdale & QB Tyler Thigpen On Waivers

    Sep 03, 2007, 9:45:40 AM



    Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club claimed two players on waivers on Sunday. The Chiefs claimed CB Rashad Barksdale on waivers from Philadelphia and QB Tyler Thigpen from Minnesota. As per NFL rules, those players will play under terms of their previous contracts.
    Barksdale (5-11, 208) originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick (201st overall) of Philadelphia in 2007. He began his collegiate career at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, New York before transferring to Albany as a junior baseball player. He joined the Great Danes football team as a running back before shifting to safety. He opened 10 games as a senior at Albany, recording 37 tackles and three INTs to earn Mid-Major All-America honors from Football Gazette. The Hudson, New York native was an all-state performer in both baseball and football at Hudson High School.
    Thigpen (6-1, 225) entered the NFL as the first of Minnesota’s two seventh-round draft picks (217th overall) in 2007. As a four-year letterman at Costal Carolina, he led the Chanticleers to a 30-8 record. He played in 41 games (39 starts), completing 486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards with 53 touchdowns and 25 INTs to go with 346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.) and 13 scores. Thigpen was named the Big South Conference Offensive Player of the Year and became the first player in school history to earn consensus All-America honors as a senior. The multi-positional performer served as the club’s running back as a senior at Fairfield Central High School in Winnsboro, South Carolina.


  4. #4
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I also found this on the homepage of ChiefsCrowd.com

    GRETZ: A Fluid Group

    Sep 03, 2007, 9:12:05 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ



    So what about that final Chiefs roster for the 2007 season?
    You mean the final one from Saturday?
    Or, the final one from Sunday?
    Or, the changes that are possible in the coming days?
    The Chiefs 53-man roster is a bit fluid right now. Well, at least the last two or three spots are. Just ask wide receiver Bobby Sippio. On Saturday, he was on the “final” roster. On Sunday, he was not, as the Chiefs claimed quarterback Tyler Thigpen off the waiver wire (Minnesota) and released Sippio, who they hope to sign to their practice squad.
    There are others on the “final” 53 who should rent and not buy, or at least rent based on the salary of a practice squad player, not a league regular.
    On Monday, Herm Edwards will address the roster for the first time, and even though those moves may not be completed, there are important points that he can make about his group for the coming season:
    • Edwards wanted to get young and the Chiefs are younger. The addition of Thigpen means there are 11 first-year players on the 53-man roster. That’s seven draft choices, a seventh-round pick from Minnesota, two college free agents and one first-year player.
    • This roster is more and more becoming Edwards’ team, as 33 of the 53 have been added since he was named head coach in January of 2006. Of those 33, there are 19 rookies, first-year or second-year players.
    • No part of the team has been remade more than the defense. Right now, there are 24 defensive players with defensive end Jared Allen on his two-game NFL suspension. A total of 18 of those 24 have come since Edwards took over. The only defensive players still remaining from the B.H. Era (Before Herm) are Greg Wesley, Jimmy Wilkerson, Benny Sapp, Kendrell Bell, Derrick Johnson and Pat Surtain.
    • Despite the push towards youth, there are 16 players on the Chiefs roster that are 30 or older right now for the start of the season.
    • The average age of the Chiefs starting lineup (including Allen) is 28.9 years. The starting offense has an average age of 30.5 years, while the first-team defense has gotten younger at 27.4 years. The defense has five of 11 starters who are 25 years old or younger. The offense has no starters that are 25 or younger.
    • This year besides the 11 rookies and first year players added, there are eight other new faces, making it 19 total new players from last year.
    The Chiefs went heavy at running back, and it’s hard to imagine them carrying six for the entire season. They also went heavy at defensive back, carrying 10 right now as they were unable to make a deal for Wesley. They went light on both the offensive and defensive lines, part of that due to Allen’s suspension.
    There remains a practice squad that will be announced Monday and probably other moves. Edwards doesn’t mind churning the bottom of his roster. If there are players available that the personnel department thinks are better than what the Chiefs currently have, then he has no qualms about going after them.
    So we may have to wait a few days more for the final “final” roster.


  5. #5
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    2,049
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    yes. They cut Sippio to pick him up.
    I found this news on the homepage of ChiefsCrowd.com. Yes.. there is also a home page.

    Kansas City Claims CB Rashad Barksdale & QB Tyler Thigpen On Waivers

    Sep 03, 2007, 9:45:40 AM



    Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Monday that the club claimed two players on waivers on Sunday. The Chiefs claimed CB Rashad Barksdale on waivers from Philadelphia and QB Tyler Thigpen from Minnesota. As per NFL rules, those players will play under terms of their previous contracts.
    Barksdale (5-11, 208) originally entered the NFL as a sixth-round draft pick (201st overall) of Philadelphia in 2007. He began his collegiate career at Hudson Valley Community College in Troy, New York before transferring to Albany as a junior baseball player. He joined the Great Danes football team as a running back before shifting to safety. He opened 10 games as a senior at Albany, recording 37 tackles and three INTs to earn Mid-Major All-America honors from Football Gazette. The Hudson, New York native was an all-state performer in both baseball and football at Hudson High School.
    Thigpen (6-1, 225) entered the NFL as the first of Minnesota’s two seventh-round draft picks (217th overall) in 2007. As a four-year letterman at Costal Carolina, he led the Chanticleers to a 30-8 record. He played in 41 games (39 starts), completing 486 of 879 passes for 6,598 yards with 53 touchdowns and 25 INTs to go with 346 carries for 1,626 yards (4.7 avg.) and 13 scores. Thigpen was named the Big South Conference Offensive Player of the Year and became the first player in school history to earn consensus All-America honors as a senior. The multi-positional performer served as the club’s running back as a senior at Fairfield Central High School in Winnsboro, South Carolina.
    What pisses me off about that is that Phinisee was a CB. I know we acquired Drummond, but I still would have liked to have seen Phinisee make it.
    Everything happens for a reason.

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,345
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    What pisses me off about that is that Phinisee was a CB. I know we acquired Drummond, but I still would have liked to have seen Phinisee make it.

    That is a great point. I've never heard of Barksdale until today.


  7. #7
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    this sucks. I picked Sippio on my fantasy team thinking he would see some return time.

    and again about Casey Printers what did he do to get cut? They cut him and sign another rookie, wow. I really hope Printers gets a job elsewhere, i'd love to see him step up and prove Carl Peterson wrong.

    I could see him in PITT, TB, HOU or another team with iffy QB's. But of course I am not a GM so my opinions mean jack.

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Vintage Carl!


  9. #9
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sw missouri
    Posts
    363
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to see Sippeo go,He had something we needed, reliable hands. Never heard of the other fellers.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    Sorry to see Sippeo go,He had something we needed, reliable hands. Never heard of the other fellers.

    I think he was brought in to light a fire under Bowe; used much like Holmes was to motivate LJ toquit his hold out. well we saw how well that worked.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •