Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jamaal Charles

Default Jamaal Charles

That guy was running like he was back in Austin stealing televisions. I hope we can develop him into the bad *** he appears to be...
    "The Dude Abides..."

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Are we talking about Cassel or Charles?
    I didn't agree with Cassel getting the money he did. I think he should've gotten a lot less guaranteed money and more bonus money opportunities. In all fairness though, Cassel did better than I expected him to do with the team he is on. He has a lot of potential as well as Charles does but they may need another year or 2, to fully reach it.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

What's most impressive about Charles was his ability to turn losses into gains. Several times he was met in the backfield by defenders and he was able to get 1-2 yard gains. That to me is the sign of an awesome running back. I'm probably going out on a limb this early, but this is the same characteristic that Barry Sanders had that made him so great.

I have been impresse3d with Charles especially given our line and FB that block for him. I'd love to see more screens or him coming off blocks out of the backfield cathing passes like Reggie. He is gonna need some help I dont think his body can ake the abuse over the next few years if he keeps it up like he is. Or maybe if Merriman gets kicked out of the league we can have a healthy back for a few years.. I hate that POS Merriman

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    What's most impressive about Charles was his ability to turn losses into gains. Several times he was met in the backfield by defenders and he was able to get 1-2 yard gains. That to me is the sign of an awesome running back. I'm probably going out on a limb this early, but this is the same characteristic that Barry Sanders had that made him so great.
    Well, in Barry's case, he would turn a three yard loss into an eightteen yard loss, into a a 1 yard gain, then into a six yard loss, only to wind up gaining five yards on the play.

Never seen another one like that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Well, in Barry's case, he would turn a three yard loss into an eightteen yard loss, into a a 1 yard gain, then into a six yard loss, only to wind up gaining five yards on the play.

Yep!!! I think Barry also had a fumble problem. But my memory is not so good. He was fun to watch play. To bad it was the Lions he was playing for, until he just gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

This post brought back memories of Dante Hall's kick returning so much! hahaha

Remember...no, no, no! go, go, go! no, no, no! go, go, go! hahahaha ahhhhh...the memories of what once was!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    Yep!!! I think Barry also had a fumble problem. But my memory is not so good. He was fun to watch play. To bad it was the Lions he was playing for, until he just gave up.
    Just for the record, nope.

3,062 carries (plus 352 catches), and only lost 13 fumbles. (27 total) That's 126 carries per fumble and 263 carries per lost fumble.

And, with 154 games, that averages out to one fumble per 5.6 games. And just over one lost fumble per season.

Very well known for being quite reliable with the ball in his hands. (unless you are old as dust, and the memory is going.)

Barry Sanders

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123