Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Where's all the Cassel haters?

Default Where's all the Cassel haters?

I hear you all after he makes a mistake trying to crucify him, how come I dont hear anyone talking about what a good game he had? Hypocrites!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

whats funny is EVERYONE knows our line is garbage. Yet he is on pace to be sacked just as much as he was in NE... So that tells me that maybe NE's line is not as good as people think?

You say in NE when he was 11-5 he had Moss, and Welker and all those guys.. Hey guess what, Brady still has those guys and if they win out guess what.. They finish 11-5, same as with cassel.

Cassel has done nothing wrong this year. He does hold the ball and takes some unnecessary sacks and it does upset me sometimes but seriously the guy is just trying to make a play. If he didn't then people would be yelling about how he sucks for not wanting to make plays and take a chance.
    Get the tools around him. Period. You cannot judge a quarterback without the tools in place around him.. We got a running back, we got a receiver or 2 that now they just need to catch the ball. We need a slot receiver, a TE that is a reliable target, and then an o-line for this o to be complete. Until then cassel's numbers will not look good.

Name 1 quarterback that is on a real bad offense that is putting up stellar numbers like you guys want. Not Nobody!!!
    Get off the guys *** and give him a year to atleast get his feet wet jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    No they do, but how about when Chambers has to stick his hands down to his ankles to catch a quick pass. Or when he underthrows guys, it can't be all blamed on Cassel, but it's not all on the receivers either. Sunday he played good, but he was by no means perfect, but he played good enough that if his defense and special teams didn't play like crap he should have won that game.
    Isn't that what we said last year with Thigpen in about 6 to 8 games????
    oh yeah, Thigpen didn't cost an arm and a leg.
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Thigpen had the luxury of dumping it to Tony G on any given play though, which he utilized often. Anywhere in the vicinity of TG and it was a completion. It's not really fair to compare Cassel and Thigpen, given the options available to them.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    Thigpen had the luxury of dumping it to Tony G on any given play though, which he utilized often. Anywhere in the vicinity of TG and it was a completion. It's not really fair to compare Cassel and Thigpen, given the options available to them.
    TG is what made thigpen look so good. He also gave thigpen some confedance and that helped him later in games. TG is a big weapon. Thats why I am not some mad that Haley fired Chan. Sure Haley did not have the sucess that Chan did at first but Chan had TG. Here lately the Chiefs have been able to move the ball fairly well. If they would just stop shooting themselfs in the foot then they would be a much better offense. GO CHIEFS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hometeam View Post
    when you are comparing overall numbers, remember last year cassel was 11-5 with randy moss, wes wlker, belichek, better defense, better o line, and eveyrthing else that goes with the patriots etc. So, thats more of a stretch.

When you compare them here, one year after another, cassel arguably having the much better running game, and better recieving (that is debatable) cassel didnt do really much of anything that anyone currently playing backup QB around the league wouldnt be expected to do.

also going back to stafford and sanchez, not only are they rookies, just becuase they arent playing well doesnt mean cassel is playing well.

Yes so if POS CAssel could have done that rthen Thig probably would have won a SB with that team! Get over yourselves Cassell is nothing!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    Yes so if POS CAssel could have done that rthen Thig probably would have won a SB with that team! Get over yourselves Cassell is nothing!!!!!!!!
    You should really quit calling our QB a POS.
    I still say the Cassel has done an outstanding job, (outside of about 2 games). He's had a bad o-line, no running game the first half of the year, his recievers can't catch passes that hit them in the numbers, and he has taken an absolute pounding back there and always gotten back up.
    WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT FROM THE GUY. Give him some help and he will be fine.
    Chiefs in 2011

But Thigpen had a strong and more accurate arm. He threaded the needle several times to different targets not just TG. He also is much more mobile and durable. I would take him over Cassel anyday. Cassel does not have a strong arm nor is that accurate. Hes an okay QB but I think he is a little smarter QB. Thigpen suits the team much better especially if Chan stayed.
    It starts with the Offensive line

I liked Thigpen but I think Cassel has done surprisingly well. I believe there are only a handful of quarterbacks in the league that you could argue might do better given our circumstances.

Let's wait till we have a better offensive line before we judge him too harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    But Thigpen had a strong and more accurate arm. He threaded the needle several times to different targets not just TG. He also is much more mobile and durable. I would take him over Cassel anyday. Cassel does not have a strong arm nor is that accurate. Hes an okay QB but I think he is a little smarter QB. Thigpen suits the team much better especially if Chan stayed.
    I liked Thiggy a lot, but his arm was niether strong nor accurate, so you can drop that argument.
    If TG was still here this would be a much different offense, and there would be someone to pass the ball to that would actually catch it. But he wanted to go elswhere and not make the playoffs.
    Chiefs in 2011

my point in even bringin up Thiggy is just to show that while Cassel has had a couple of decent games, we already had someone on the team who proved they could do the same thing~

I dont think Thig was our QB of the future. Niether do I think Cassel fills that role. I dont know if I will be satisfied until we get a truly great Qb in here, ala manning/Brady/Marino etc etc. Maybe thats not the right attitude but I look at all the teams doing year after year what we think we can and should do (not just QB problems but all around improvements) and I just say 'why not us?'

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast