Thread: Chiefs defense is in last place in Pee Wee league!

Default Chiefs defense is in last place in Pee Wee league!

No, not really. But they should be. I swear, for most of the game I kept looking for Gunther Cunningham calling the plays.

What the hell happened? I don't know. But those who are criticizing Cassel or the WR's for this weeks loss, you can stop that nonsense this week at least. Cassel's pass percentage wasn't great, but 22/40 for 331 yards, 2 TD's and no INT's is okay for my taste.

Then, once again, Jamaal Charles turned out another outstanding game. 154 yards and that 47 yarder was exactly what I watched when he played at Texas. If we have few bright spots from this season, he's it. I just wish we had dumped LJ sooner. Maybe we could have won a couple more games with Charles as our RB.

Back to that horrid defense. How in the hell do we let a team like CLE run up over 300 yards? That is just unreal! Feels like we are right back to where we were last season. They showed some improvement but have self destructed recently. Should be interesting to see what happens in the off season.

Special teams was an absolute epic failure. One return, I can see. But two? NO WAY! If those retards had done their job, then even the glaringly weak defense would have done enough to help win the game.

I was hoping for another couple of wins, but I don't see it happening. Playing the Bengals in CIN is a no brainer and the Broncos in DEN is a pride game for them to cap the season. I guess I'll look forward to the draft and gauge how Haley and Pioli do there.

At least I have Texas to root for in a couple weeks. Hook Em Horns! \w/

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Good post. Yeah, I cant understand how the D let them run fopr over 300 yards. With one player going over 250 yards alone!

Very good post- I was thinking some of the same thoughts- I wonder if the first game against Oakland would have gone differently with JC running. Or some of the other close games.

What's great is that, even with those pretty good stats, Cassell still had to suffer his receiving corps have a case of the dropsies.

It's rough to have watched our defense implode like that, but it wasn't just them. Our special teams coach obviously decided that though sticking a fork in an electrical socket really hurt once, why not do it again? I mean, if Josh Cribbs has been making a habit of long returns and TDs, why would you kick to him at all? Let alone kicking to him after he runs a 100 yarder back on you.

Some questions needing answered, and luckily, we only have a couple more weeks before these problems can start to get addressed. But the Chiefs need to address these things in a WAY more timely fashion than last season. Get an OC and a new DC soon, so they have a lot of time to plan and organize.

jb

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Very good post- I was thinking some of the same thoughts- I wonder if the first game against Oakland would have gone differently with JC running. Or some of the other close games.

What's great is that, even with those pretty good stats, Cassell still had to suffer his receiving corps have a case of the dropsies.

It's rough to have watched our defense implode like that, but it wasn't just them. Our special teams coach obviously decided that though sticking a fork in an electrical socket really hurt once, why not do it again? I mean, if Josh Cribbs has been making a habit of long returns and TDs, why would you kick to him at all? Let alone kicking to him after he runs a 100 yarder back on you.

Some questions needing answered, and luckily, we only have a couple more weeks before these problems can start to get addressed. But the Chiefs need to address these things in a WAY more timely fashion than last season. Get an OC and a new DC soon, so they have a lot of time to plan and organize.

jb
    With JC we would have won that one with TG and JC we would have won more!

I think it is a combo of Coordinating, and coaching, and lack of skill. Remember thought, most players didn't play the 3-4 before this year. I don't know who is in charge of the DL cause there is almost no pressure. Hell, not even sure if Clancy is in control here. Just looks like players going off and doing their own thing.

Players don't know how to tackle. Most don't know how to cover. They can't pursue. No pressure on the QB. Also seems like players just give up.

On another note, the refs aren't helping. I see numerous holding calls that do not get called. I have said this alot lately as if the refs are either paid off or they just hate KC. How many times have we seen Hali flushing the Qb out of the pocket only to get held long enough for the Qb to get rid of the ball? I think we should have about 26-30 sacks this season.

On the plus side Brandon Flowers is probably one of the best Corners in the league. I have only seen him get burned once or twice. I feel Brandon Carr is becoming really good. He has a strip, 2 or 3 picks and has defended the ball well. He has been burned though...
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Well I'm not about to defend this defense, but keep in mind, 9 F'ing drops. If even half of those are cought, it's a different game. I do not understand this. But to your point, this f'n pendergras (sp?whatever) has got to go. I was ok with the other choices, but this guy is a Loser from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    With JC we would have won that one with TG and JC we would have won more!
    I know I know, but we don't have TG. Let's be happy we got JC, he is incredible, I have always liked him and he seems like a very humble person when you hear him, in interviews we got a steal getting him in the 3rd round. Can't wait to see him with a good line, and some WR's that are more consistent.