View Poll Results: Option A or option B

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • A) Would you rather be a spoiler and destroy Denver's chances of making the playoffs?

    32 88.89%
  • B) Lose-and assure yourself of picking Ndamukong Suh in this year's upcoming draft?

    4 11.11%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58

Thread: Hypothetical Question For Chiefs Fans

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    112
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Hypothetical Question For Chiefs Fans


    0 Not allowed!
    Ok, so it looks as if Denver is yet again in the thralls of another epic late season collapse-this one subsequently worse the previous two. And our playoff hopes will more than likely hinge on the last game of the year versus the Kansas City Chiefs.

    So my question to you is:

    A) Would you rather be a spoiler and destroy Denver's chances of making the playoffs, thus ripping out the heart of every Bronco fan in existence?

    Or

    B) Lose-and assure yourself of picking Ndamukong Suh in this year's upcoming draft(I know, I know, he may not be there but go with it it)?

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Location
    overland park ks
    Posts
    1,825
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    this thread is GAy

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    404
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    It's the choice of losing the battle to win the war. The problem is that there isn't a player worth doing that for. If we didn't have Dorsey or tyson jackson, then sure. Take Suh, but even eric berry isn't worth where he's going to be drafted.

    the only player worth a top five pick, in my opinion, is a quarterback, defensive end, or left tackle.

    yes, there are exceptions, obviously. You can cite numerous examples of world-class players who are worth a top 5 pick, but it's usually in retrospect. You can't say Adrian Peterson is worth a top-five pick, because he's a known commodity, and he's also a freak. I don't put running backs in the top five-worthy echelon, because you typically don't get franchise value out of them. Typically running backs need a good offensive line to do anything remarkable, and even then their shelf life is limited.

    This is why the patriots consistently trade back to the late first/second round. that's where the best value is. You can draft the top player at MLB, OG, RT, C, TE, and SS in the back of the first round and deep into the second round. Typically what sets high draft picks apart from second rounders is measurables. Speed, height, weight, bench, and since pretty much everyone agrees that these are NOT the best indicators of talent nor future production, why on earth would you pay millions of dollars to take them in the early first round? Wait until the second round, and a comparable player will be available.

    Regardless of whether we need a quarterback or not, we have one. No QB for us.

    We don't need Suh, and he's going to Tampa Bay or Detroit anyway.

    Eric Berry is the fifth dimension, and that's awesome, but we need help on the offensive line more than on defense. Why? Because we can give up the run all year without getting our QB injured. If jamal charles is going to reach his potential, if Cassel is going to stay healty, if we want to get a first down occasionally, we need offensive line.

    Okung or bust. That is, of course, only if they think he is significantly better than Albert. If he's only marginally better, we should trade down (if possible) or take the best player available, even a QB and trade him. Then take a new right guard and center in the second round.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A - Respectfully submitted.


    ...And get Suh.


  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Win and rip out every Bronco's fans hearts. Last week was really bad I HATE the F-in tRaiders but I just hate the Broncos when they play each other it I want to see them both loose. My favorite teams are as follows

    #1 Chiefs
    #2 Whoever is playing the tRaiders
    #3 Whoever is playing the Broncos
    #4 Whoever is playing the Cryboys
    You forgot "Whoever is playing the Chargers".


  6. #35
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    It's the choice of losing the battle to win the war. The problem is that there isn't a player worth doing that for. If we didn't have Dorsey or tyson jackson, then sure. Take Suh, but even eric berry isn't worth where he's going to be drafted.

    the only player worth a top five pick, in my opinion, is a quarterback, defensive end, or left tackle.

    yes, there are exceptions, obviously. You can cite numerous examples of world-class players who are worth a top 5 pick, but it's usually in retrospect. You can't say Adrian Peterson is worth a top-five pick, because he's a known commodity, and he's also a freak. I don't put running backs in the top five-worthy echelon, because you typically don't get franchise value out of them. Typically running backs need a good offensive line to do anything remarkable, and even then their shelf life is limited.

    This is why the patriots consistently trade back to the late first/second round. that's where the best value is. You can draft the top player at MLB, OG, RT, C, TE, and SS in the back of the first round and deep into the second round. Typically what sets high draft picks apart from second rounders is measurables. Speed, height, weight, bench, and since pretty much everyone agrees that these are NOT the best indicators of talent nor future production, why on earth would you pay millions of dollars to take them in the early first round? Wait until the second round, and a comparable player will be available.

    Regardless of whether we need a quarterback or not, we have one. No QB for us.

    We don't need Suh, and he's going to Tampa Bay or Detroit anyway.

    Eric Berry is the fifth dimension, and that's awesome, but we need help on the offensive line more than on defense. Why? Because we can give up the run all year without getting our QB injured. If jamal charles is going to reach his potential, if Cassel is going to stay healty, if we want to get a first down occasionally, we need offensive line.

    Okung or bust. That is, of course, only if they think he is significantly better than Albert. If he's only marginally better, we should trade down (if possible) or take the best player available, even a QB and trade him. Then take a new right guard and center in the second round.
    Great post; hard to argue with it!


  7. #36
    Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    A....

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Posts
    573
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    Ok, so it looks as if Denver is yet again in the thralls of another epic late season collapse-this one subsequently worse the previous two. And our playoff hopes will more than likely hinge on the last game of the year versus the Kansas City Chiefs.

    So my question to you is:

    A) Would you rather be a spoiler and destroy Denver's chances of making the playoffs, thus ripping out the heart of every Bronco fan in existence?

    Or

    B) Lose-and assure yourself of picking Ndamukong Suh in this year's upcoming draft(I know, I know, he may not be there but go with it it)?
    He has me convinced. I've already bought my Broncos jersey.

    Go Donks and go Suh!

    Thanks Aussie!

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    673
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I hate draft picks
    It starts with the Offensive line

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,413
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 66

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    A - Respectfully submitted.


    ...And get Suh.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes I know we need O-Line help desperately, But some years ago, the Chiefs Drafted a DE from Nebraska, then the next year they drafted a LB from Alabama and the two became bookends of the most feared Defense in the NFL! I would like a repeat of that!

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes I know we need O-Line help desperately, But some years ago, the Chiefs Drafted a DE from Nebraska, then the next year they drafted a LB from Alabama and the two became bookends of the most feared Defense in the NFL! I would like a repeat of that!
    Smith and Thomas were legendary!


Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs fans near you
    By Coach in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 12:45 AM
  2. Chiefs fans are having fun!
    By hermhater in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 03:55 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •