Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: A case for Todd Haley

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10,134
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 471
    Given: 78

    Default A case for Todd Haley


    0 Not allowed!
    Ok so there are many threds talking about fireing Todd Haley or makeing him just the OC and getting a new Head coach. Well I am going to make a case for him.

    1st The Chiefs are NOT a team that have clearly gone backwards from a season ago. They have one more win. They have problems this season but its not like theses problems are anything new. They are just things that have not been fixed yet. Haley deserves time to fix these problems. This is not his mess he should get time to fix it. The D was bad a year ago with Gunther as DC. Thats not anything new. The O LINE was bad a year ago with Chan as OC thats nothing new. Haley should get more then 1 year to fix theses problems.

    2nd Jamal Charles. Alot of fans are upset becuse Charles did not start the season as the starting RB of the Chiefs. There is a reason that it happend that way. FUMBLES. Thats why Charles was not the starter at the beging of the season. Haley could only go off what he saw in the preseason. Charles Had the fumble bug in the preseaon. You cant start a guy at RB if you dont know that he can hold on the the ball. Thats just how football works. I completly agree with that desicon.

    3rd This team would defenty go backwards if Haley was fired and ONCE again we started all over. When the New coach got in we would have alot of the same problems. The young players that would stay on this football team would have to go through there 3rd system in 3 years. Thats never going to help a football team. It would only slow down the devolpment of this young team. Does anyone realy want to start all over yet again before Haley gets a real Chance with players that he choses to bring in. Starting over would do this team NO GOOD at this point.

    There are some problems that this team has that are new. But as much as this season has been frustrating to watch there are some signs of life in some areas of this team. The O line has been better then what they were at the start of the season. Are they good no but they have improved over the season. The pass rush on this team is better then it was a year ago. They are not going to set a all time low for sacks like they did a season ago. Hali has defently been made a better player. There are signs of improvement on this team. Give it time and it may still work out. I dont think anyone would care who the Chiefs coach is as long as they are winning. But Starting over AGAIN next season IMO would be the wrong thing to do.

    GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #31
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kansas City Missouri
    Posts
    3,814
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    Apparently I get more than you seeing as nobody came to your rescue.

    Again, you brought up Denver. So when I asked you to explain your line of reasoning, you got all choked up with nothing to write but junior high insults- and that's fine really.

    But when you spew baseless comments with no merit and don't even have the decency or knowledge to back them up you need to be called out on it. I did, you whined, and that was it.

    So through all of this you STILL can't give me a logical explanation as to why the Broncos are a "quick fix" team.
    I have told you why, you don't want to listen. Now I am done buying into your games...the reason no one hasn't backed me up, is cause they don't care. But if they did, I am sure they agree with me. Some may even agree with me and choice not to reply.

    Good bye.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? Quick fix, slow fix? Who cares, they are exactly what people expected they would be this year. The worst move they made was firing Shanahan. The best move they made was trading Cutler for picks.

    They are rebuilding like every team in the west minus the bolts. That is what we all expected.
    Yup! Only difference is that they're in the play-off hunt...this year.


  4. #33
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    112
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    ...They are rebuilding like every team in the west minus the bolts. That is what we all expected.
    That's the point. A rebuilding team "knows" they are multiple players away from where they want to be such as Denver and Kansas City.

    A "quick fix" team such as The Redskins go out of their way to bring in high priced free agents to fill one spot despite the fact they need numerous spots to address.

    So my argument with KIA 267 is that Denver is in no way, shape or form-anywhere near a Redskins type organization.

    Call us s****y, call us lame, call us Donkey's, call us whatever you like but don't ever refer to us as a Daniel Snyder type franchise.

    With all due respect of course.
    Last edited by Kid Azteca; 12-23-2009 at 01:37 AM.

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    14,344
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 86
    Given: 30

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    That's the point. A rebuilding team "knows" they are multiple players away from where they want to be such as Denver and Kansas City.

    A "quick fix" team such as The Redskins go out of their way to bring in high priced free agents to fill one spot despite the fact they need numerous spots to address.

    So my argument with KIA 267 is that Denver is in no way, shape or form-anywhere near a Redskins type organization.

    Call us s****y, call us lame, call us Donkey's, call us whatever you like but don't ever refer to us as a Daniel Snyder type franchise.

    With all due respect of course.
    And as luck would have it, the Redskins are courting the coach that Denver ran out of town. As much as I hated Shanahan, you would never hear me argue that he wasn't a talented coach.

    I'm still not really sure what the point of your argument is, but I agree that the Broncos are not the Redskins.


  6. #35
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    112
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Fair enough.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,960
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 22

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    I'll admit it, the Broncos are much further ahead than the Chiefs in their rebuilding process. Their defense is better, their Oline is great, and they have solid talent at the skill positions. You guys are also getting a very solid first rounder courtesy of the Bears (should be a top 10 pick). Azteca is right, the Broncos aren't a quick fix. Shanahan didn't leave the team in shambles like Herm did on his way out.

    Most people on this board won't openly admit that. But as much as I hate our division rivals, we have 1-2 more years before we can be at their level. But when we do, you guys better watch out!

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,148
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 451

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I'll admit it, the Broncos are much further ahead than the Chiefs in their rebuilding process. Their defense is better, their Oline is great, and they have solid talent at the skill positions. You guys are also getting a very solid first rounder courtesy of the Bears (should be a top 10 pick). Azteca is right, the Broncos aren't a quick fix. Shanahan didn't leave the team in shambles like Herm did on his way out.

    Most people on this board won't openly admit that. But as much as I hate our division rivals, we have 1-2 more years before we can be at their level. But when we do, you guys better watch out!
    Nicely put!


  9. #38
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    Lol, you must enjoy one sided beatdowns.
    An internet beatdown?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Azteca View Post
    nothing to write but junior high insults.
    Who's in jr high?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,502
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34
    Given: 38

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    I have told you why, you don't want to listen. Now I am done buying into your games...the reason no one hasn't backed me up, is cause they don't care. But if they did, I am sure they agree with me. Some may even agree with me and choice not to reply.

    Good bye.
    This.

    Good luck with your own team but we have enough problems here right now.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    66
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    We were really a 6-7 win team last season, but our coach sucked and our record suffered as a result! You think with an offseason we would have improved to a 8-9 caliber team, but our coach sucked and our record suffered as a result!

    Todd Haley needs to realize everyone on the roster are all "his guys" and he needs to control his hot head temper a little more so FA's will want to come to KC to play for us. And he needs to stop making stupid decisions like starting LJ since day 1, and cutting Pollard.

    Win you only win 3 games at this stage, I don't care what your situation is, your a bad coach. The media, fans, players, and staff all had higher expectations. We failed to meet them. And a team's record is generally a representation of its coaching staff, or generally the head coach.

    WE LOST TO BUFFALO AND CLEVELAND FOR CHRIST SAKE. SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE.

    Your argument that we shouldn't fire him just because we recently fired Herm is inept. We don't just let a man keep his job if he is failing at it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Todd Haley for OC
    By AussieChiefsFan in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 01:57 AM
  2. Todd Haley is the man, how about that win
    By kminor in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
  3. are they looking at todd haley ????????
    By slc chief in forum KC Chiefs News and Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 10:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •