Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Check Box on Posts

Default New Check Box on Posts

Just have been noticing a lot lately that when you go a few days without logging in and then check recent posts, you spend quite a bit of time reading totally unrelated posts on threads that seem to have started out with a legitimate purpose.

The unrelated posts are cute and some times funny, but they do get to be a little repetitive when you go thru 10 threads that have changed, but only one of them has a post on point to the thread title.

So here is my idea:

Add a checkbox to the "reply" window that states: "Relates to Thread Topic". We can all use it when we are commenting on the actual thread. When we post an unrelated comment, we don't check it. Then allow to filter most recent by that value. I imagine it is a significant change to the site, so I will not hold my breath.

I am not trying to deter any posts, but when you login and see 400 posts since your last login (4 days ago), and spend 20 minutes on "beer for you" or "where is everybody", it is a deterent to even trying to check.

I've never been a member of an online forum before, so I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but it seems like a lot. Plus we could use the check box to really track "posts" and "cash" and filter out the post-whoring (I hope I used that correctly).

The numbers seem useless from a Chiefs fan perspective when you have hundreds of posts like "I agree" or "ditto" or "let's have a beer". The "number of posts" seem to be hugely inflated by giving equal credit to an article or a true thought out opinion to that of a 2 word post. I know the "cash" weighs typing more, but a ton of non-thread related posts basically equals one serious post.

(Not that I care about either number of posts or cash on the site -- the number one reason I am here is for the Chiefs talk. It doesn't bother me that they are there, just seems they are really more social related than Chiefs related. The only reason I mention them is because when I joined the site, there were people with thousands of posts and it was my assumption this could only be accomplished by years of following the Chiefs and providing thoughts & commentary on the team. I now believe this assumption was just because I am a .)

Just my humble opinion on a few items, I'll listen to the comments off the air...
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    Now THAT could definitely be taken the wrong way.
    ...Glad I didn't say it; Guru is going to have to review this I think.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    It is for ideas and I don't recall anyone calling you silly. It is a good idea, there is just not a perfect solution. Otherwise I would implement it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Yes it is silly, hence the nature of the post whoring. Threads will, regardless of it's origin, take on a life of it's own. It is the nature of conversation; it evolves. JMHO

I think complaining about the course that a thread takes when one hasn't participated in, or contributed to, the conversation in a couple of days is also a bit silly.
    For the record: I never said anyone in particular did and I was not referring to anyone talking about me.
    You can only have one favorite team. There are no "second favorites".
    -- Chris, resident of Arrowhead East (St. Louis)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    I wish there was a smilie that could look at you innocently
    Look at who?
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    Look at who?
    He was responding to Chiefster by all accounts....I know the igloo is a lonely place, but c'mon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Quote Originally Posted by rbedgood View Post
    He was responding to Chiefster by all accounts....I know the igloo is a lonely place, but c'mon.
    He needs to start using the "quote" button then.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by stlchief View Post
    For the record: I never said anyone in particular did and I was not referring to anyone talking about me.

We're cool.

We have a quote button?

SIR YES SIR!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    SIR YES SIR!!!

Cool! We do have a quote button!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234