Just have been noticing a lot lately that when you go a few days without logging in and then check recent posts, you spend quite a bit of time reading totally unrelated posts on threads that seem to have started out with a legitimate purpose.

The unrelated posts are cute and some times funny, but they do get to be a little repetitive when you go thru 10 threads that have changed, but only one of them has a post on point to the thread title.

So here is my idea:

Add a checkbox to the "reply" window that states: "Relates to Thread Topic". We can all use it when we are commenting on the actual thread. When we post an unrelated comment, we don't check it. Then allow to filter most recent by that value. I imagine it is a significant change to the site, so I will not hold my breath.

I am not trying to deter any posts, but when you login and see 400 posts since your last login (4 days ago), and spend 20 minutes on "beer for you" or "where is everybody", it is a deterent to even trying to check.

I've never been a member of an online forum before, so I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but it seems like a lot. Plus we could use the check box to really track "posts" and "cash" and filter out the post-whoring (I hope I used that correctly).

The numbers seem useless from a Chiefs fan perspective when you have hundreds of posts like "I agree" or "ditto" or "let's have a beer". The "number of posts" seem to be hugely inflated by giving equal credit to an article or a true thought out opinion to that of a 2 word post. I know the "cash" weighs typing more, but a ton of non-thread related posts basically equals one serious post.

(Not that I care about either number of posts or cash on the site -- the number one reason I am here is for the Chiefs talk. It doesn't bother me that they are there, just seems they are really more social related than Chiefs related. The only reason I mention them is because when I joined the site, there were people with thousands of posts and it was my assumption this could only be accomplished by years of following the Chiefs and providing thoughts & commentary on the team. I now believe this assumption was just because I am a .)

Just my humble opinion on a few items, I'll listen to the comments off the air...