Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Williams, NT - Tennessee

Hybrid View

Default Dan Williams, NT - Tennessee

Right now this guy (6-4, 327) is projected anywhere from no.15-27 overall... he is supposedly the best NT in the upcoming draft. We could also consider Terrence Cody (ALA) somewhere in the second round, since i think he will fall their due to physical shape and lack of work ethic, allegedly...but he is also the biggest guy, and a great run stopper which would make Dorsey and Jackson worlds better imo...

For any Tennessee (or college football fans who watch TEN for that matter...) fans out there, do you think this guy is worth maybe a trade up (we have two second round picks, maybe we can package one of them) if we can get him between 20-30 overall ? If we do trade away picks to move up, this guy better be good lol...

I am starting to do a little research on the prospects, and there isn't alot of good 3-4 NT from what i understand... and we also, need one. bad....unless Vince Wilfork becomes a FA (Pats may resign him...) we may have to draft a NT....

What scares me is the fact that we have 2 first round picks for DE in the last 2 years (Dorsey, Jackson), and if we dont get a young NT soon, it will be harder for the DL to get nsync when we do later down the road...

From what I read about him he does seem to fit the need at NT. It would definitely give us the youngest DLine in the NFL.

I've been trying to analyze the Chiefs draft needs for this year, as I've done in years past. I just hope the Chiefs have a little element of "luck" in this year's draft. Lord knows we need it.

I've posted a lot about both Williams and Cody.

Williams entered college around 350, and has continued to lose weight every year. He's currently playing about 310, and that's where he's said he's most comfortable. Personally, for this reason I don't see him as a 3-4 NT in the NFL, which is too bad because I really like him a lot. I think he could play the position, but he'd resemble someone like Jay Ratliff on the Cowboys more than a wide-bodied run stuffing NT type.

Cody is a fat slob and I want him nowhere near KC.

If I'm picking between the two then I definitely go with Williams. I'd take him in the 2nd round if he falls to us for sure. I don't think I trade up because I don't want to give up any picks with all the holes we have. The more new talent we can get in here, the better.
    Last edited by yashi; 12-24-2009 at 02:57 PM.

good insight Yashi, thanks. I think you make a good point about getting as many picks as we can, thus trading up would not be cool... i agree about Cody too, i dont want that fat piece on my team either...

How many picks do we have currently?

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    How many picks do we have currently?
    NO IDEA....
    1st..
    2 2nd's
    3rd
    4th
    5th (I'm not sure what's going on between Thiggy..Miami..the 2 O Line guys)
    6th
    7th...did we trade this away last year??

We should get comp. picks for LJ and Pollard

i do not think we get anything for lj and pollard as they were flat out released

We have:
    1st
    2a- ours
    2b- from Atl for TG
    3rd
    4th
    5a-ours
    5b-from Carolina for Tank
    5c-from Dolphins for Thigy
    6th
    7th- traded to Miami last year, we drafted O'Connel
    We owe Dolphins a undetermined draft pick for Alleman and Ndukwe, probally a 5th or 6th.

It will be interesting to see how the NT situation turns out. I don't think either of these guys falls to the 2nd round and they are defiantly not worth a top 5 pick. I've done a little draft research too and in my opinion these are the only two guys that could start right away. So we will need to move around in the draft to get a mid to late first to get them.

Finding one in free agency is going to be tough also. Pioli has got his work cut out for him on this one. We should probably prepare ourselves for the possibility that our long term NT is not going to be acquired this year.

Tank Johnson was traded too, for pick(s).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast