Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** Official Giants - Chiefs game thread ***

Default *** Official Giants - Chiefs game thread ***

So far..... no reason to post about this game. :cry:
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Default Re: *** Official Giants - Chiefs game thread ***

chief31 wrote:
    No need to watch the game. THEY STINK!!!

But, at least, the Chicago Cubs can beat the hell out of the Cardinals. I really don't see this team as, even, an average team. I defy anyone to find something positive about this game.

Will Shields will now join Brian Waters on the DL.(foot)Turley will be unable to perform like he used to. He got tossed around a couple of times.

Most of the running plays were 1/2 yd dive plays. And nearly every pass play resulted in quarterback bruising. The defensive line was the equivelent of the garbage cans that teams use to represent linemen in teir practice routines.

If anyone is wondering if I found anything that I liked at training camp, Trent Green. He was the only guy that impressed me. Granted most of what they were doing was just half-speed junk. But, yea, Trent Green looked good. I expect him to be injured early though. There is noone capable of protecting him. I feel sorry for him. He's a dead man.

Even though, the Giants' first round draft pick, Mathias Kiwanuka, actually caused the fumble against Huard, Adrian Awasom (second string DE) went against Turley and basically just ran by him, on the inside. Turley managed a slight slap at his arm, then just kinda fell down from a shoulder bump from Awasom.

No matter what anyone says, I am deep in the doom and gloom of Hermi-ball.
    Please don't ever compare the Chiefs and the f'in Chicago Cubs. At least the Chiefs have won something in the last 100 years. Here is Bob Gretz' take on the game. He echoes your frustration:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/08/18/gretz_worse_than_the_first/

Man, I'm glad I didn't see this game. This is the Crowds first implosion that I can remember, but hey, it happens. I try to temper my frustrations until I see them completely fall apart in a real game. However, I think I hear Jets fans laughing in the distance, and getting Herm for a number four draft pick seems to be more and more like a shrewd bargain on their part. Â…Just my two cents.

Meh, Preseason game #3 will tell us a lot more about that team than any other preseason game. Even if they are vanilla, we will be able to tell if they are accomplishing what they need to do. Also, they will be in the friendly confines of ARROWHEAD STADIUM. Now the fans need to do their part to pump this team back up. :hammer: :pint:
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Guru wrote:
    Meh, Preseason game #3 will tell us a lot more about that team than any other preseason game. Even if they are vanilla, we will be able to tell if they are accomplishing what they need to do. Also, they will be in the friendly confines of ARROWHEAD STADIUM. Now the fans need to do their part to pump this team back up. :hammer: :pint:
    Agreed, however, what concerned me most about the Giants game was the reports the Turley got thrown around like a rag doll. That, to me, is concerning.

I will give you all the one positive that I saw, which, I expect, noone else was looking for anyway. Kevin Sampson. He looks like he could become a star Tackle in the near future.

Considering the poor performance that Kyle Turley displayed, I won't be surprised to see him starting at left tackle soon.

I haven't given up on Turley yet. He could still put on some wieght and regain his form. But, if I were the head coach, Right now, I plan on opening the regular season with Sampson at left tackle. Unless Willie shows his face. (Still holding on to hope.)

chief31 wrote:
    I will give you all the one positive that I saw, which, I expect, noone else was looking for anyway. Kevin Sampson. He looks like he could become a star Tackle in the near future.

Considering the poor performance that Kyle Turley displayed, I won't be surprised to see him starting at left tackle soon.

I haven't given up on Turley yet. He could still put on some wieght and regain his form. But, if I were the head coach, Right now, I plan on opening the regular season with Sampson at left tackle. Unless Willie shows his face. (Still holding on to hope.)

I have pretty much given up any hope of seeing Roaf come back.

Chiefster wrote:
    chief31 wrote:

I have pretty much given up any hope of seeing Roaf come back.

Yep I was hoping Big WIllie would play one more year-but that looks like a done deal-he is retired. :cry:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12