Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: I would hate to feel this way....

Default I would hate to feel this way....

From listening to the game from work, yeah I got ripped off, D Bowe had alot of drops. Every time I went by the radio, I heard Mitch saying Bowe dropping the ball.

I am getting sick of the drops, just as everyone else. Why don't we put our selves out of misery?

I propose we trade Bowe. He is obviously no value to this team, maybe other than the fact that he helps take the double team....

Either way, if we can get a third or forth round draft pick and pick up someone who actually wants to come out and play some football.

Imagine the field goals we could of had all this year. Imaigine the wins. Not saying he is the cause of all the problems, but it might be a start. I love D Bowe, but he doesn't look like he is playing with his heart.

Who knows though...maybe its just the coaching staff.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I would like to interject some observations here and state my appreciation of Canada, chief31 and Connie. Guys & gal: I just want to say to all three of you that you all have been exhibiting the very thing these boards, especially the "Hardcore..." forum, was made for; lively discussion with intelligent and varying points of view stated in a respectful manor.

Thanks to all of you!
    Last edited by Chiefster; 01-05-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Why is it coddling to agree with what he is trying to do? I have acknowledged several times that he has made mistakes. Every coach does. I have argued every thing you said because those things are the topic of dicusion. IF I had agreed with everythingyou posted then we would not be having this conversation. I choose to have a little faith in our head coach and give him a fair shot before crucifying the guy. Some guys had a problem with him....did it ever occur to you that the problem might be those guys and not the coach?
    That has occurred to me, several times. But, as it happened more and more, and with different players, I noticed a trend, that leans more toward one person being the issue, than a variety of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    We are not discussing a single error. If u told me that you think it was a stupid move to go for a bootleg on 4th and goal on the 1 in the fubbalo game...then I would agree with you. But you are b pretty much saying that Haley is not a good coach and that is where I disagree with you. Pointing out his flaws would be pretty pointless of me since that is what you have been doing. So just because I did not post any of his "errors" does not mean I have never acknowledged them. I just have not been doing it in this thread.
    You are just reading far too much into it. I am not saying that he is a bad coach. I am saying that he done alot of things wrong, in his only season of being a head coach. That alot of things need to be fixed.

He created an issue with Brian Waters that, for now, seems to have been taken care of.

He created an issue with bernard Pollard, which did not get resolved.

He created an issue with Derrick Johnson, that may, or may not, still be an issue.

He created an issue with Dwayne Bowe, that may, or may not, still be an issue.

He created an issue with Larry Johnson, which was not resolved. (Thank God.)

And so on...

But he also had an issue with Jamaal Charles. Now what if Charles had reacted as LJ or Pollard did?

How close was that situation to becoming a much bigger issue?

While it seems that that reltionship has been salvaged, he has been causing issues (At least he has done his part in creating the issues) with our most talented players, and it has costed him in some of those situations.

Even a nice guy, as Charles seems to be, will eventually revolt, if you don't learn to deal with him as a man, as well as a player.

And, if you do make an enemy of a player, it isn't always easy to get them to rejoin you as a teammate.

The jury is still out on DJ and D-Bowe. He may still have a price to pay for the mistakes he has made with his management of the players on this team.

One of our biggest team needs this offseason is at SS. Sure would be nice if we had a young guy who was playing as well as Bernard Pollard to, at the very least, minimize the need at that position, so we could address something else, instead.

You can try all you want to critcize Pollard and ignore his success. But he has been huge for Houston, and he sealed a big win against The Patriots, that almost helped them into the playoffs.

And, if Haley had done a better job of MANAGEMENT in that situation, he could have MANAGED to keep that guy on this team.

You want me to give Haley some credit? He seems to have salvaged his relationship with Jamaal Charles. Good management job there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would like to interject some observations here and state my appreciation of Canada, chief31 and Connie. Guys & gal: I just want to say to all three of you that you all have been exhibiting the very thing these boards, especially the "Hardcore..." forum was made for; lively discussion with intelligent and varying points of view stated in a respectful manor.

Thanks to all of you!
    Last edited by kilobytes; 01-05-2010 at 09:51 PM.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post

????

????

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post

Chiefster, my golf game needs some work. Do you have any ideas?
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Chiefster, my golf game needs some work. Do you have any ideas?

Well I think that lily986526 did but I wouldn't take his advise.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    That has occurred to me, several times. But, as it happened more and more, and with different players, I noticed a trend, that leans more toward one person being the issue, than a variety of people.

You are just reading far too much into it. I am not saying that he is a bad coach. I am saying that he done alot of things wrong, in his only season of being a head coach. That alot of things need to be fixed.

He created an issue with Brian Waters that, for now, seems to have been taken care of.

He created an issue with bernard Pollard, which did not get resolved.

He created an issue with Derrick Johnson, that may, or may not, still be an issue.

He created an issue with Dwayne Bowe, that may, or may not, still be an issue.

He created an issue with Larry Johnson, which was not resolved. (Thank God.)

And so on...

But he also had an issue with Jamaal Charles. Now what if Charles had reacted as LJ or Pollard did?

How close was that situation to becoming a much bigger issue?

While it seems that that reltionship has been salvaged, he has been causing issues (At least he has done his part in creating the issues) with our most talented players, and it has costed him in some of those situations.

Even a nice guy, as Charles seems to be, will eventually revolt, if you don't learn to deal with him as a man, as well as a player.

And, if you do make an enemy of a player, it isn't always easy to get them to rejoin you as a teammate.

The jury is still out on DJ and D-Bowe. He may still have a price to pay for the mistakes he has made with his management of the players on this team.

One of our biggest team needs this offseason is at SS. Sure would be nice if we had a young guy who was playing as well as Bernard Pollard to, at the very least, minimize the need at that position, so we could address something else, instead.

You can try all you want to critcize Pollard and ignore his success. But he has been huge for Houston, and he sealed a big win against The Patriots, that almost helped them into the playoffs.

And, if Haley had done a better job of MANAGEMENT in that situation, he could have MANAGED to keep that guy on this team.

You want me to give Haley some credit? He seems to have salvaged his relationship with Jamaal Charles. Good management job there.
    I believe he had issues with people asside from waters that was justified. It was the people who didnt want to conform and that would affect the overall team that is no longer in the picture.
    I too have spoken up about by concerns with Haley but it was his first year as a HC and with us, he got a late start to build through the draft.
    I will in fact make up my mind on him By game 6 in 2010. I truly believe we are headed towards a 10 win season because the players who were tough enough to last the first year with Haley is the kind of players we want on this team.

????
    This was just a very weak attempt at humour. His idea of intelligent conversation is professing his man love for LJ all over the boards!!

p.s. fu*k LJ
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast