Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I would hate to feel this way....

Default I would hate to feel this way....

From listening to the game from work, yeah I got ripped off, D Bowe had alot of drops. Every time I went by the radio, I heard Mitch saying Bowe dropping the ball.

I am getting sick of the drops, just as everyone else. Why don't we put our selves out of misery?

I propose we trade Bowe. He is obviously no value to this team, maybe other than the fact that he helps take the double team....

Either way, if we can get a third or forth round draft pick and pick up someone who actually wants to come out and play some football.

Imagine the field goals we could of had all this year. Imaigine the wins. Not saying he is the cause of all the problems, but it might be a start. I love D Bowe, but he doesn't look like he is playing with his heart.

Who knows though...maybe its just the coaching staff.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Bowe had a good game for the most part. He did drop one pass that was right on his hands but that was really the only real drop he had.

The one i'm upset about was the pick where he could have easily tried to 1 hand catch the ball but instead put his hands down in fear of getting hit and let the safetly pick it off.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Dude, forget you...I'm just going to ignore all your post.
    Among the most intelligent things I've yet to read in this thread.

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Among the most intelligent things I've yet to read in this thread.

Good job.
    Well when people try to argue with you and piss you, the best thing to do is hit the ignore.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

I think Bowe has talent & will improve with NOT dropping passes, making more tough catches. Possibly the dropped passes are simply his still being 'young & restless', or even rusty with his suspension. There's a huge difference with practicing, and playing in a live game with adreneline pumping.

I'm with Chief Tyler...wait it out, see what he can or can't do by the end of another season or two. Not sure how true it is, but I've heard the so called 'experts', say that typically it can take 5 seasons in the NFL for a rookie to develop fully in talent and skill...in most all positions.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Good idea, let's ditch Bowe. We can always take our chances in the draft on getting a fresh rookie that has never played a snap in the NFL.

The alternatives to Bowe are not as good as what we will get for him. We're not going to be able and go trade for a Wayne/A. Johnson/B. Marshall type. You're talking about elite WRs, and Bowe is in a category just below them. He's still a fantastic NFL WR.

Take a look at any target report. Bowe had 12 targets yesterday and caught 9 of them (75% catch percentage). Look at how other top WRs performed from yesterday:

R. White - 8 rec on 14 targets (57%)
    B. Marshall - 8 rec. on 13 targets (62%)
    C. Johnson - 7 rec. on 12 targets (58%)
    A. Boldin - 8 rec. on 10 targets (80%)
    L. Fitzgerald - 5 rec. on 10 targets (50%)
    A. Johnson - 5 rec. on 7 targets (71%)

(not a top WR but interesting stat)
    C. Chambers - 3 rec. on 10 targets (30%)

The fact of the matter is that Bowe is getting open and making the most of when the ball is thrown to him. Trading him would be foolish. A team that is severely lacking top NFL talent should not be trading away it's best players. The Chiefs do not need to turn into the Royals of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan View Post
    I think Bowe should get another year. He could turn out to be a good player.
    He is already good, if he holds onto the ball a little better, and gets a more catch-able ball thrown to him he will be great. When Bowe gets the ball he is very hard to tackle, that's one of the reason he is, so damn good if he was just a little more consistent he would be top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Good idea, let's ditch Bowe. We can always take our chances in the draft on getting a fresh rookie that has never played a snap in the NFL.

The alternatives to Bowe are not as good as what we will get for him. We're not going to be able and go trade for a Wayne/A. Johnson/B. Marshall type. You're talking about elite WRs, and Bowe is in a category just below them. He's still a fantastic NFL WR.

Take a look at any target report. Bowe had 12 targets yesterday and caught 9 of them (75% catch percentage). Look at how other top WRs performed from yesterday:

R. White - 8 rec on 14 targets (57%)
    B. Marshall - 8 rec. on 13 targets (62%)
    C. Johnson - 7 rec. on 12 targets (58%)
    A. Boldin - 8 rec. on 10 targets (80%)
    L. Fitzgerald - 5 rec. on 10 targets (50%)
    A. Johnson - 5 rec. on 7 targets (71%)

(not a top WR but interesting stat)
    C. Chambers - 3 rec. on 10 targets (30%)

The fact of the matter is that Bowe is getting open and making the most of when the ball is thrown to him. Trading him would be foolish. A team that is severely lacking top NFL talent should not be trading away it's best players. The Chiefs do not need to turn into the Royals of the NFL.
    Those stats are really deceiving, just because you get thrown to doesn't mean it was a good throw. Chambers had some bad throws his way, but Bowe should be kept he is a good receiver. He just needs some help from his QB, and needs to work on his hands a little. Other then that he is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    Those stats are really deceiving, just because you get thrown to doesn't mean it was a good throw. Chambers had some bad throws his way, but Bowe should be kept he is a good receiver. He just needs some help from his QB, and needs to work on his hands a little. Other then that he is really good.
    I agree they are deceiving, but nevertheless it still says something about the combination of:

1.) Bad throws by the QB
    2.) A WR's ability to run good routes and get open
    3.) A WR's ability to catch balls in traffic.

I'm not trying to put Chambers down either, he did have some bad balls thrown to him downfield. I'm more making a case for keeping Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Do you even pay attention to what you type?

In the LJ vs Kansas City thread you "I didn't actually get to watch the game". So trying to justify Bowe having all these dropped passes by listening to the commentators is plain retarded. They may say "Bowe dropped a pass" but it could've been a pass Bowe had to dive 5 feet for or a pass that got deflected out of his hands. They don't give you details about what is actually occurring.

And like Chief Tyler said, he had 2 from what he saw.

So again, KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BEFORE YOU POST. Seems like all you do is talk out of your a$$ all the time.

Why don't you go to the Bengals forum and brag about how the Chiefs stopped LJ so they can all make fun of you about how they won the game.
    Seriously, You need to take a breather fom the rivalry you have with Honda... I watched the game and NO Bowe did not have to dive 5 yards. It hit him square in the hands.

In your attempt to completely rag on a guy, you completely took something FACTUAL as a plainly out drop and twisted in anyway to make a person look stupid.

The hatred on this forum is getting high, and plain people who come hear to still follow this team read nothing but constant slamming of other Chiefs fans. It is getting old and your are slowly ruining the forum.

I have no friendship with Honda, fact I think I disagree with him or her more times than none.

However, the fact remains. Bowe is towards the top in dropped passes, and I do think it will be a topic in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Well when people try to argue with you and piss you, the best thing to do is hit the ignore.
    It is very annoying to read as well.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast