Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I would hate to feel this way....

Default I would hate to feel this way....

From listening to the game from work, yeah I got ripped off, D Bowe had alot of drops. Every time I went by the radio, I heard Mitch saying Bowe dropping the ball.

I am getting sick of the drops, just as everyone else. Why don't we put our selves out of misery?

I propose we trade Bowe. He is obviously no value to this team, maybe other than the fact that he helps take the double team....

Either way, if we can get a third or forth round draft pick and pick up someone who actually wants to come out and play some football.

Imagine the field goals we could of had all this year. Imaigine the wins. Not saying he is the cause of all the problems, but it might be a start. I love D Bowe, but he doesn't look like he is playing with his heart.

Who knows though...maybe its just the coaching staff.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    Or maybe thats why he has that so-called "selfish" attitude everyone complains about. I bet he's laughing at everyone all the way to the bank.

Problem is, people tend to only remember what someone does wrong rather than what they do right. I personally think he's one of the best players on this team. And if the Chiefs lose him, they'll be getting set back once again.
    Exactly, Rep added.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    awww...does the poor little girl cry when she gets yelled at? Don't drop the ball and you won't get yelled at. These aren't little kids anymore, they get paid millions to catch a football, why shouldn't they catch some sh!t when they drop it?
    No I agree, he is making a lot of money to catch the ball and he needs to grow up and get over it, but some support and encouragment, and oh, I don't know, maybe a little freaking COACHING might help?

Then again, maybe he is a worthless piece of crap and should be bagging groceries at the local supermarket!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

I don't understand why people keep saying he needs to be coached. Is there some special way to catch a football? LOL. I mean seriously, you use your hands. I learned the concept when I was like 2. You can either catch a ball or you can't.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

I don't understand why people keep saying he needs to be coached. Is there some special way to catch a football? LOL. I mean seriously, you use your hands. I learned the concept when I was like 2. You can either catch a ball or you can't.
    Wow, it is that simple? Then I would think more people could do it.

Look, it is more to it than that, yeah, it seems simple, catch the ball, of course, that is all there is to it, never mind the 225 pound line backer that is about to flatten your ***, or how about that cornerback that is about to jump your route, how do you deal with him? Or how about just remembering where you are supposed to be when the ball is thrown? How about not looking for the ball until you are supposed to be looking for it, to keep that defender guessing?

Oh, and never mind the fact that there is only about, what 125 - 150 plays that you have to remember from jargon like Streak89Left2?

You see, those are all things that have to go through your head as you are getting ready for the play, then of course, after you sort out all of that, then you have to do that one simple thing. Catch the ball.

Besides, I guarantee you did not just learn to catch the ball at two, you had someone there to coach you. I am sure your daddy threw you the ball real softly and said something like "Com'n little Sic J, use both hands, catch the ball"

Yeah, no coaching needed!

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Look, it is more to it than that, yeah, it seems simple, catch the ball, of course, that is all there is to it, never mind the 225 pound line backer that is about to flatten your ***, or how about that cornerback that is about to jump your route, how do you deal with him? Or how about just remembering where you are supposed to be when the ball is thrown? How about not looking for the ball until you are supposed to be looking for it, to keep that defender guessing?

Oh, and never mind the fact that there is only about, what 125 - 150 plays that you have to remember from jargon like Streak89Left2?

You see, those are all things that have to go through your head as you are getting ready for the play, then of course, after you sort out all of that, then you have to do that one simple thing. Catch the ball.

Besides, I guarantee you did not just learn to catch the ball at two, you had someone there to coach you. I am sure your daddy threw you the ball real softly and said something like "Com'n little Sic J, use both hands, catch the ball"

What the hell does that have to do with Bowe. His problem is physically CATCHING the ball and hanging onto it. No one here has EVER mentioned anything else you said but CATCHING THE BALL. His issue is not running routes, learning plays, looking for the ball at the right time, etc. Its simply CATCHING THE BALL.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

What the hell does that have to do with Bowe. His problem is physically CATCHING the ball and hanging onto it. No one here has EVER mentioned anything else you said but CATCHING THE BALL. His issue is not running routes, learning plays, looking for the ball at the right time, etc. Its simply CATCHING THE BALL.
    His issue IS running routes. I am utterly shocked when Bowe runs anything BUT a sideline pattern.
    SHUT IT

Dwayne Bowe has not been good this year and I found the stats from last year... turns out that he had the second most drops in the NFL last season with 13...

iWon - NFL League Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree, but the problem I have, and of which I noticed at the Browns game...is when Bowe does make a good catch, he's not given the same level of recognition for it as when he misses, by the fans or coach Haley.

A pat on the back for doing something right, by comparison to being screamed at in front of fans, peers, on TV...for doing something wrong...seem's to have the scales off balance. It's gotta be disheartening when you do something right, it more or less goes un-noted, but when you do something wrong...you're screamed at and booed.

I'm not sure I'd want to give it my best effort if in his shoes...most would have a natural human reaction to such repeated pattern, and naturally develop a 'why bother' attitude in any career or job, or life position...kid, parent, etc..
    ummmm....Im pretty sure that I jumped up and cheered every time Bowe causght a ball. Didn't you? How about Vern? How about Chiefster? How about every other member on these boards? I am sure we all cheer pretty damn hard when Bowe catches the ball. No one comes to my work and pats me on the back and holds my hand all day when I do my job right. But I will damn sure hear about it if I fu*k up. If Bowe feels underappreciated then maybe he should go to the payroll department and look at his pay stub and he will see how many KC fans support him. You can't use one game (the Browns game) as a measuring stick for how the fans treat the guy. I have heard a lot of cheers for Bowe so I think that he gets his share of encouragement as well as his fair share of sh!t. I am not speaking about Haley as I only really see what goes on for three hours on the field as opposed to what their relationship is all week.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree, but the problem I have, and of which I noticed at the Browns game...is when Bowe does make a good catch, he's not given the same level of recognition for it as when he misses, by the fans or coach Haley.

A pat on the back for doing something right, by comparison to being screamed at in front of fans, peers, on TV...for doing something wrong...seem's to have the scales off balance. It's gotta be disheartening when you do something right, it more or less goes un-noted, but when you do something wrong...you're screamed at and booed.

I'm not sure I'd want to give it my best effort if in his shoes...most would have a natural human reaction to such repeated pattern, and naturally develop a 'why bother' attitude in any career or job, or life position...kid, parent, etc..
    The shoe fits.... I am 100% sure Todd Haley did NOT just decided to wake up hating D. Bowe one morning and decided to hold a grudge agaist D. Bowe. The guy had problems in the off season that got him demoted in an attempt to motivate D. Bowe to work harder at becoming the elite player we all think he could be.

You are all point the blame at the wrong person. Haley and TONY Gonzalez have tried to teach a strong work ethic to D. Bowe, yet D. Bowe continues to think he is a talent that needs no improvement.

As for Haley Yelling at people. Have you watched him since about the Pittsburgh Game.... He isn't yelling at the players like he was. In fact, I saw him yelling at Bobby Wade after making a catch Against Cincy and thought What is this about and then both smiled and gave each other a big High Five. He is an emotional coach, and while I thought he was chewing out Wade, he was praising him, even after their argument a couple weeks ago they are mending their differences.

Keep blaming Todd Haley, that is fine, but as far as I am concerned 100% of the problem is the immaturity and ego of one over paid Wr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

It is very simple. When you have extra time, have a Qb throw you the ball to work on catching the ball. Then have a QB throw you the ball as your are getting Hit. If I recall Hailey did make Bowe do all these things after demoting him to third stringer or failing to do these things right.

The problem is not the coach. It is the player who refused to work harder..

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast