Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I would hate to feel this way....

Default I would hate to feel this way....

From listening to the game from work, yeah I got ripped off, D Bowe had alot of drops. Every time I went by the radio, I heard Mitch saying Bowe dropping the ball.

I am getting sick of the drops, just as everyone else. Why don't we put our selves out of misery?

I propose we trade Bowe. He is obviously no value to this team, maybe other than the fact that he helps take the double team....

Either way, if we can get a third or forth round draft pick and pick up someone who actually wants to come out and play some football.

Imagine the field goals we could of had all this year. Imaigine the wins. Not saying he is the cause of all the problems, but it might be a start. I love D Bowe, but he doesn't look like he is playing with his heart.

Who knows though...maybe its just the coaching staff.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    awww...does the poor little girl cry when she gets yelled at? Don't drop the ball and you won't get yelled at. These aren't little kids anymore, they get paid millions to catch a football, why shouldn't they catch some sh!t when they drop it?
    Just out of curiosity, how often does your boss humiliate you in front of several thousand people, and a live television audience? Let alone on ESPN?

And, regardless, is Bowe collecting huge paychecks to be treated like b****, or to play football?

Quote Originally Posted by SIC J View Post
    What the hell does that have to do with Bowe. His problem is physically CATCHING the ball and hanging onto it. No one here has EVER mentioned anything else you said but CATCHING THE BALL. His issue is not running routes, learning plays, looking for the ball at the right time, etc. Its simply CATCHING THE BALL.
    Because all of those factors come into play when catching the football.

He isn't in the backyard playing catch. There really is a 250 lb. LB breathing down his neck. There really is a very specific route that he has to be in the process of running. He really does need to know what the play is. He actually has to have an idea of what to do after he cathes the ball.

There are a whole lot of things that can contribute to having trouble catching the football. So it may be wise to take those things into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    The shoe fits.... I am 100% sure Todd Haley did NOT just decided to wake up hating D. Bowe one morning and decided to hold a grudge agaist D. Bowe.

Really? 100%? Like absolutely zero possibility that Bowe pi**ed him off and they have had problems ever since?

Well, tell me, please, oh great seer, when will Todd Haley lead us to the playoffs?

The guy had problems in the off season that got him demoted in an attempt to motivate D. Bowe to work harder at becoming the elite player we all think he could be.

Todd Haley said so, so you must be 100% sure of that too.

You are all point the blame at the wrong person. Haley and TONY Gonzalez have tried to teach a strong work ethic to D. Bowe, yet D. Bowe continues to think he is a talent that needs no improvement.

Again...100%?

As for Haley Yelling at people. Have you watched him since about the Pittsburgh Game.... He isn't yelling at the players like he was. In fact, I saw him yelling at Bobby Wade after making a catch Against Cincy and thought What is this about and then both smiled and gave each other a big High Five. He is an emotional coach, and while I thought he was chewing out Wade, he was praising him, even after their argument a couple weeks ago they are mending their differences.

Keep blaming Todd Haley, that is fine, but as far as I am concerned 100% of the problem is the immaturity and ego of one over paid Wr.
    You do know what 100% means, right?

One WR? What, then, is wrong with all of the other recievers on this team?

Seems like the immaturity and ego of seven players might be closer to what you meant.

Not to mention all of the immaturity and egos of all of the other players that Haley has fired, demoted and humiliated.

Yep. There is no other possibilty than everyone around Todd Haley is a fool. Because we all know that there couldn't possibly be a flaw in Todd Haley. 100%

I'll admit....

That he has a bit of an issue with dropping passes that he should be catching.

But he is still a rather young player.

It seems that most who are on Bowe's back, turn right around and cut Cassel all kinds of slack.

Bowe has been a tremendous success of a WR, considering his situation. Instead of hounding him about his mistakes, maybe helping him to fix them would be the better idea.

Just out of curiosity, how often does your boss humiliate you in front of several thousand people, and a live television audience? Let alone on ESPN?

And, regardless, is Bowe collecting huge paychecks to be treated like b****, or to play football?

Nope, its usually in front of a smaller audience but I make a proportionately smaller amount of money.

Bowe is making a lot of money playing football. Unfortunately there have been times when he is not doing that. He got yelled at. Its football, coaches get mad.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebleed34 View Post
    Dwayne Bowe has not been good this year and I found the stats from last year... turns out that he had the second most drops in the NFL last season with 13...

iWon - NFL League Stats
    I have posted this stat all over the boards, drops means nothing unless you look at the number of times he was targeted. Brandon Marshall had 12 drops last season, only one less than Bowe, and he is an elite WR.

You have to also look at how many times he was thrown to. he was targeted 157 times last season, that is the third most in the league. Yes, that was TWO more times than The Former Chiefs Player Who Shall Remain Nameless.

So it would stand to reason he would be at the top of the list for drops, he has had more opportunity to drop them.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post

Nope, its usually in front of a smaller audience but I make a proportionately smaller amount of money.

Bowe is making a lot of money playing football. Unfortunately there have been times when he is not doing that. He got yelled at. Its football, coaches get mad.
    Just as a coach gets mad, so do alot of other people. It really isn't an exclusive feature to coaches.

If that is acceptable, then is it acceptable for a player to react as any normal person might, to being humiliated?

Is it going to be ok if Bowe knocks Haley on his *** this week?

Or do we call for his head?

How about if he just gets in Haley's face and gives him a taste of his own medicine?

Maybe he grabs Haley's shirt and gets his attention some. That cool?

This whole "Coaching with an iron fist" concept seems awefully popular around here. It just doesn't seem to be effective.

Yell at Pollard, Pollard reacts, Pollard is fired. Pollard goes and makes another team better.

Yell at and demote Bowe, bowe drops even more passes.

Hell, yell at all the WRs, they all drop a bunch of passes.

Bench our top defender, he never sees the field.

And we have a team that ranks 28th and 30th on offense/defense. (24th and 31st a year ago)

Sure doesn't seem like making enemies of your employees is working out all that great, so far. But then, I have never seen that work out well.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I would rather stick with The QB that we have then go with Cutler. I have never thought highly of the guy. He turns the ball over way to much. And he does not have the best attiude. It might just be that hes a former donkey to.
    I think you missed my sarcasm.

He isn't even close to our best player. He has the potential to be the best player, but his lack of work ethic and selfish attitude has him among leaders in dropped passes, with a four game suspension.

J. Morton has better years than D. Bowe. He certainly had less drops.
    Dwayne Bowe isn't considered one of our "best players?" Really?.... uh, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    First of all, you have the wrong coach.

Second of all if I wanted to be that coach, I would say he, lets trade Brandon Flowers, and while were are at it, lets trade Jamaal Charles. Maybe we can get back LJ while were at it.

Wait... what?

D Bowe is not our best player. He has potential but how many years are we going to have to wait?
    Maybe I am just too impatient for him to be good. He should be scoring the TD's and having about 80-100 yards receiving a game, unless we run the ball. (see above)
    The shoe fits.... I am 100% sure Todd Haley did NOT just decided to wake up hating D. Bowe one morning and decided to hold a grudge agaist D. Bowe.
    Wow... really? How do you explain the Will Franklin episode and Todd Haley saying he was one of Herm's guys and that he was going to "ride him?" I'm pretty sure Haley has the capacity to just wake up one day and decide he doesn't like someone.

I'm still waiting for people to realize this coach is a joke. For some reason, this guy is getting a free pass for some HORRIFIC crap that the black guy wouldn't have EVER gotten away with. I've tried to figure out why Haley is getting off so easy for all this crap and I've pretty much eliminated all scenarios but the fact that he's white. If you had a black coach doing the things this jacka$$ has done throughout the year and he wouldn't have even lasted to this point and the fans would be up in arms.

I just don't understand the devotion to a guy who has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during his time in the NFL that would indicate that he's capable of talent evaluation necessary for even an NFL scout. He only had HALF a season at OC before this season. He was a WR coach before then. The guy NEVER played the game! He made his name fighting with a WR in the NFC championship game. He's made one bad decision after the other since his hiring. Without listing every poor decision he's made and adding that to this argument. Just go back and look at his qualifications. I could show you at least 5 black coaches in this league WITH BETTER QUALIFICATIONS that would've been run out of town with pitchforks and torches blazing.

Todd Haley IS NOT capable of this position AT THIS TIME. He doesn't have the experience required and it has shown throughout the year. This quote:
    Keep blaming Todd Haley, that is fine, but as far as I am concerned 100% of the problem is the immaturity and ego of one over paid Wr.
    is AMAZING!!! You can sit there and rail against a WR due to (according to you) his "ego" and support a coach who fired one of the best OC's in the NFL one week before the season because he thought he could do a better job. If you're going to quit supporting someone due to "immaturity and ego," at least be consistent and call for Haley's head as well.

Chan was removed from the OC position. He is still on the Chiefs payroll, probabaly helping Pioli scout players (just guessing). He was not fired.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    Chan was removed from the OC position. He is still on the Chiefs payroll, probabaly helping Pioli scout players (just guessing). He was not fired.
    He was fired as the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I have posted this stat all over the boards, drops means nothing unless you look at the number of times he was targeted. Brandon Marshall had 12 drops last season, only one less than Bowe, and he is an elite WR.

You have to also look at how many times he was thrown to. he was targeted 157 times last season, that is the third most in the league. Yes, that was TWO more times than The Former Chiefs Player Who Shall Remain Nameless.

So it would stand to reason he would be at the top of the list for drops, he has had more opportunity to drop them.
    Well that does make sense as far as that stat goes, but there is no denying that Bowe has struggled at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

The stat you are leaving out, is how many were completed. You can throw a person while it is 10 feet over their head. The other stat you are leaving out, is actual production. Brandon Marshal is a Pro-bowl receiver that is the Broncos go to guy. He Is often triple covered.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I think you missed my sarcasm.

Dwayne Bowe isn't considered one of our "best players?" Really?.... uh, ok.

Wow... really? How do you explain the Will Franklin episode and Todd Haley saying he was one of Herm's guys and that he was going to "ride him?" I'm pretty sure Haley has the capacity to just wake up one day and decide he doesn't like someone.

I'm still waiting for people to realize this coach is a joke. For some reason, this guy is getting a free pass for some HORRIFIC crap that the black guy wouldn't have EVER gotten away with. I've tried to figure out why Haley is getting off so easy for all this crap and I've pretty much eliminated all scenarios but the fact that he's white. If you had a black coach doing the things this jacka$$ has done throughout the year and he wouldn't have even lasted to this point and the fans would be up in arms.

I just don't understand the devotion to a guy who has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING during his time in the NFL that would indicate that he's capable of talent evaluation necessary for even an NFL scout. He only had HALF a season at OC before this season. He was a WR coach before then. The guy NEVER played the game! He made his name fighting with a WR in the NFC championship game. He's made one bad decision after the other since his hiring. Without listing every poor decision he's made and adding that to this argument. Just go back and look at his qualifications. I could show you at least 5 black coaches in this league WITH BETTER QUALIFICATIONS that would've been run out of town with pitchforks and torches blazing.

Todd Haley IS NOT capable of this position AT THIS TIME. He doesn't have the experience required and it has shown throughout the year. This quote: is AMAZING!!! You can sit there and rail against a WR due to (according to you) his "ego" and support a coach who fired one of the best OC's in the NFL one week before the season because he thought he could do a better job. If you're going to quit supporting someone due to "immaturity and ego," at least be consistent and call for Haley's head as well.
    My debate is not about if Haley is a good HC or not. My debate is about D. Bowe and where he is mentally.

My opinion of him would still stand today even if Herm was the HC. When Tony G. tried to work with Bowe, and tried to get him to catch passes with him to work on his drops... It was clear to me that Bowe is in the NFl only because of his great talent, but he does not have what it takes to be one of the best. Tony G had the drops something awful his first two years.

Regardless of the coach, DBowe thinks he his stuff does not stink because he refuses to listen to Tony G.... Alex Gordon is the same way with George Brett..

Add the fact that Haley came in and tried negative reinforcement on Bowe, only confirms to me that Bowe just does not care...

My opinion of Haley is still on a fence. He is a rookie HC, and mistakes are guaranteed to happen. As far as I am concerned this year is a try out for him and the players. If the same stuff continues next year and there is no improvement. My opinon of him will be more imformed. I do think his temper and eagerness to do things to try and win is improving, even though the team is failing. His honeymoon ends Sunday.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast