Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I would hate to feel this way....

Default I would hate to feel this way....

From listening to the game from work, yeah I got ripped off, D Bowe had alot of drops. Every time I went by the radio, I heard Mitch saying Bowe dropping the ball.

I am getting sick of the drops, just as everyone else. Why don't we put our selves out of misery?

I propose we trade Bowe. He is obviously no value to this team, maybe other than the fact that he helps take the double team....

Either way, if we can get a third or forth round draft pick and pick up someone who actually wants to come out and play some football.

Imagine the field goals we could of had all this year. Imaigine the wins. Not saying he is the cause of all the problems, but it might be a start. I love D Bowe, but he doesn't look like he is playing with his heart.

Who knows though...maybe its just the coaching staff.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ... getting rid of our best players... is that you Mr. golf coach? cuz that kinda sounds like something a golf coach would do... cut a guy who's made a few mistakes.

Anyone think we could get Cutler from Chicago after his 27 INT season?
    He isn't even close to our best player. He has the potential to be the best player, but his lack of work ethic and selfish attitude has him among leaders in dropped passes, with a four game suspension.

J. Morton has better years than D. Bowe. He certainly had less drops.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    ... getting rid of our best players... is that you Mr. golf coach? cuz that kinda sounds like something a golf coach would do... cut a guy who's made a few mistakes.

Anyone think we could get Cutler from Chicago after his 27 INT season?
    First of all, you have the wrong coach.

Second of all if I wanted to be that coach, I would say he, lets trade Brandon Flowers, and while were are at it, lets trade Jamaal Charles. Maybe we can get back LJ while were at it.

D Bowe is not our best player. He has potential but how many years are we going to have to wait?
    Maybe I am just too impatient for him to be good. He should be scoring the TD's and having about 80-100 yards receiving a game, unless we run the ball.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    I have noticed Bowe playing with less heart this year. He is like sad and not like the last two years. hmmmmmmmm
    Yeah, I am sure all that screaming by the head coach makes him feel uplifted and positive to go out and win for him on Sunday.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Look, here it is in a nutshell.

Bowe has had a knock for a while about dropping passes. Last season, he was near the top with 13 dropped passes, only right ahead of Brandon Marshall who had 12.

The fact is that dropped passes have been the register for this entire team this season. It is not just Bowe, it is everyone, yes, even Chambers.

Here is the thing that I do not understand though, Haley was a Wide Recievers coach for 11 years in this league 5 years for the Jets, 2 years for the Bears and 2 Years for the Cowboys. You cannot tell me that this is the first time he has ever seen a problem with players dropping passes.

He has to know a thing or two about it, I expect him to fix it, one way or another, this is entirely unacceptable and Haley needs to correct this problem.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Yeah, I am sure all that screaming by the head coach makes him feel uplifted and positive to go out and win for him on Sunday.
    awww...does the poor little girl cry when she gets yelled at? Don't drop the ball and you won't get yelled at. These aren't little kids anymore, they get paid millions to catch a football, why shouldn't they catch some sh!t when they drop it?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    awww...does the poor little girl cry when she gets yelled at? Don't drop the ball and you won't get yelled at. These aren't little kids anymore, they get paid millions to catch a football, why shouldn't they catch some sh!t when they drop it?
    That, too, is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I had the same thought when I read the other posters note he hasn't been playing with the same heart. Well, his coach is on his a** hard, the fans are on his a** booing him when he misses, but yet when he does catch one neither note it with the same level of significance as when he misses...a bit of an unfair double standard really.

He could be upset over the suspension too, humilated a bit...I dunno. Still, he's dealing with a lot at once upon his shoulders. Yeah, it's the NFL, and he get's paid to carry the weight, but he's also human.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree, but the problem I have, and of which I noticed at the Browns game...is when Bowe does make a good catch, he's not given the same level of recognition for it as when he misses, by the fans or coach Haley.

A pat on the back for doing something right, by comparison to being screamed at in front of fans, peers, on TV...for doing something wrong...seem's to have the scales off balance. It's gotta be disheartening when you do something right, it more or less goes un-noted, but when you do something wrong...you're screamed at and booed.

I'm not sure I'd want to give it my best effort if in his shoes...most would have a natural human reaction to such repeated pattern, and naturally develop a 'why bother' attitude in any career or job, or life position...kid, parent, etc..
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 12-29-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I agree, but the problem I have, and of which I noticed at the Browns game...is when Bowe does make a good catch, he's not given the same level of recognition for it as when he misses, by the fans or coach Haley.

A pat on the back for doing something right, by comparison to being screamed at in front of fans, peers, on TV...for doing something wrong...seem's to have the scales off balance. It's gotta be disheartening when you do something right, it more or less goes un-noted, but when you do something wrong...you're screamed at and booed.

I'm not sure I'd want to give it my best effort if in his shoes...most would have a natural human reaction to such repeated pattern, and naturally develop a 'why bother' attitude in any career or job, or life position...kid, parent, etc..
    I totaly agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post

Or maybe thats why he has that so-called "selfish" attitude everyone complains about. I bet he's laughing at everyone all the way to the bank.

Problem is, people tend to only remember what someone does wrong rather than what they do right. I personally think he's one of the best players on this team. And if the Chiefs lose him, they'll be getting set back once again.
    MAKE WHOOLIES!!!

Joseph
    The Real SIC Riders
    www.SCSclothing.com
    www.SoCalStunts.com

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast