Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Come on chiefs do something right this season and lose at denver

Default Come on chiefs do something right this season and lose at denver

If the chiefs loss we will get the 3 pick if we win we could fall down to like 7 .....Just loss baby

...and the answer to the majority of our defensive problems lie at the NT position. Unfortunately as bad *** as Suh is, he is not a NT and it would just be a waste of money and his talent to plug him in there.

Quote Originally Posted by kcred View Post
    A player like sun would be better than getting Jared Allan back. Defense wins championships. Did you forget the no name from Cleveland that put up 287 against us.

Quote Originally Posted by MDChiefs! View Post
    ...and the answer to the majority of our defensive problems lie at the NT position. Unfortunately as bad *** as Suh is, he is not a NT and it would just be a waste of money and his talent to plug him in there.
    Majority? Good part maybe. ILB's are terrible. Besides we can't afford to be giving away draft picks. Hopefully some idiot like Daniel Snyer will give us there first and a second to get his QB. HA HA!!! A fan can wish can't we.

Pick 7 is better than pick 3. Just think of it like this:

Last year we had a big board going into a draft. Assuming we had the same big board last year, but pick 7, would you rather have pick 7 or pick 3? Just think of it like this:

DHB, pick 7 last year signed a five-year, $38.250 million dollar contract. Tyson jackson, pick 3 on the other hand (who was by the was projected out of the top 10) got a contract with 57 million over 5 years. (the highest in team history) Now, which would you rather have?

Tyson Jackson, with a 57 million dollar contract with 31 million of it guaranteed, or

Tyson Jackson, with a 38 million dollar contract.

I don't know about you, but I like to micromanage in these economic times, and 33 million dollars in savings sounds like a great deal.

So even if we have a small drop off in talent, the price we will be saving our asses from is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post

Last year we had a big board going into a draft. Assuming we had the same big board last year, but pick 7, would you rather have pick 7 or pick 3? Just think of it like this:

DHB, pick 7 last year signed a five-year, $38.250 million dollar contract. Tyson jackson, pick 3 on the other hand (who was by the was projected out of the top 10) got a contract with 57 million over 5 years. (the highest in team history) Now, which would you rather have?

Tyson Jackson, with a 57 million dollar contract with 31 million of it guaranteed, or

I don't know about you, but I like to micromanage in these economic times, and 33 million dollars in savings sounds like a great deal.

So even if we have a small drop off in talent, the price we will be saving our asses from is well worth it.
    Except the only one actually saving is Clank Hunt. Not you and I. I agree with what you are saying but it means more if we actually spent all the money we have available in the cap.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefan View Post

I couldn't agree more, I think the majority of Chiefs land is still somewhat baffled by the logistics of that particular pick. Whatever, all that matters is that it works out for the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Except the only one actually saving is Clank Hunt. Not you and I. I agree with what you are saying but it means more if we actually spent all the money we have available in the cap.
    It does save us 6 million a year for cap space. It's just a shame we never use all of our cap space. This year is uncapped though, so who knows what is going to happen.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234