Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Chiefs beat Texans.

Default Chiefs beat Texans.

I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Everybody wants to call their fair-weather mentality being 'realistic' and say that they have 'perspective'. Hey, if I'm deceiving myself about the Chiefs' chances this year, I dont give a sh*t! Part of being a dedicated, TRUE fan is hope, and standing straight and tall in the face of the odds no matter how bleak they are. I will stand by this team and say we have a chance to go all the way this year until it is no longer mathematically possible. Sure I'm dreaming or whatever. But I'm not just a fan, I'm a FANADDICT dammit! I'm not going to mope around being depressed about the Chiefs while there is still the most remote chance for them to succeed. I don't get to watch enough Chiefs football as it is because the season is too short. I'm going to make it as interesting and fun as possible for at least myself.

I guess this is the first time I read this post cover to cover. Then I read Mo's post about "being done with this sh*t" I guess we are just two different people and have a different view on how perspective and reality works.

While you think someone who has a realistic approach to things means they are a "fair weather fan", and that somehow they won't cheer for their team and will mope around the whole season, I think just the opposite. While cheering for my team and watching every game and not moping around, I find that reality is reality!

What the hell, I was going to go on and on but we have hashed and rehashed this over and over! I believe you can root for your team while at the same time be realistic knowing that your team is not going to be great.

Just like you take "homer" as an insult, I don't appreciate being told I am not a "true fan" because I am not afraid to say we are going to have a rough year.

So, take it for what it's worth but if you are done, then be done! Don't come back and rant about something after you have already pissed and moaned about how disgusted you are with everyone elses posts about their opinions on the team!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

I just come across too strong at times. I didn't mean to say you are not a true fan if you have doubts. We all do. I choose to beat mine back with a stick but they are always floating in the back of my mind. I dare say that if you cheer for your team to lose for draft picks, fantasy players, or ANY reason whatsoever, then your loyalty is suspect in my opinion.

Hillbilly, you're allright man. You definately got some backbone in standing up for your opinions. I respect that. Though we don't agree on everything, we can at least agree that we love the Chiefs. That's enough for me, bro. You wouldn't post here as much as you do if you were not a 'true fan' so your loyalty is not in question as far as I'm concerned. We just don't see eye to eye all the time and that's okay.

While the term "homer" is actually not an insult to me, I did deserve some ribbing after throwing my little tantrum yesterday. I apologize to everybody on the site for having to witness that. I am a very emotional person and I wear them on my sleeve. I'm an aries, what can i say? Thank you, though, for keeping me in check because sometimes I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I just come across too strong at times. I didn't mean to say you are not a true fan if you have doubts. We all do. I choose to beat mine back with a stick but they are always floating in the back of my mind. I dare say that if you cheer for your team to lose for draft picks, fantasy players, or ANY reason whatsoever, then your loyalty is suspect in my opinion.

Hillbilly, you're allright man. You definately got some backbone in standing up for your opinions. I respect that. Though we don't agree on everything, we can at least agree that we love the Chiefs. That's enough for me, bro. You wouldn't post here as much as you do if you were not a 'true fan' so your loyalty is not in question as far as I'm concerned. We just don't see eye to eye all the time and that's okay.

While the term "homer" is actually not an insult to me, I did deserve some ribbing after throwing my little tantrum yesterday. I apologize to everybody on the site for having to witness that. I am a very emotional person and I wear them on my sleeve. I'm an aries, what can i say? Thank you, though, for keeping me in check because sometimes I need it.
    No problem Mr Vermeil....i mean Mr. Moefoe!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    No problem Mr Vermeil....i mean Mr. Moefoe!!
    Nice.

There's not a single person in this thread that doesn't want a win every week. We all get that.

If we could just stop arguing amongst ourselves and gang up on f@rking HERM, the world would be a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by libranoelrose View Post
    There's not a single person in this thread that doesn't want a win every week. We all get that.

If we could just stop arguing amongst ourselves and gang up on f@rking HERM, the world would be a better place.
    Can someone change this person's name to hermhater or something? I think it needs to be more clear that they don't like Herm. [/sarcasm]
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Can someone change this person's name to hermhater or something? I think it needs to be more clear that they don't like Herm. [/sarcasm]
    C'mon Luv, you already ran off Sweets last week...go easy on the others...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Hey luv that is a great idea. Can I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by libranoelrose View Post
    Hey luv that is a great idea. Can I do that?
    Seriously? Wow, I was just being sarcastic with ya. I'm sure a mod can do that for you, if you want them to.
    Everything happens for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by luv View Post
    Seriously? Wow, I was just being sarcastic with ya. I'm sure a mod can do that for you, if you want them to.
    bah....all the mods here are hardasses!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.