Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs beat Texans.

Default Chiefs beat Texans.

I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Okay, any self-respecting sports network with an iota of intelligence would not have SCREAMIN A SMITH analyzing NFL teams and making predictions. I've heard several different analysts besides Smith and Dukes who have made the same mistake about our defense being ranked last. A lot of these guys just read a script and that's all. Some of them sound like they haven't even seen a Chiefs game since 2003 and they want to tell me my team is going to suck???

I pretty much have the roster and depth chart memorized every year. My brain hosts a wealth of Chiefs trivia, statistics, and records. I watch EVERY press-conference and EVERY snap of EVERY game. I read articles and columns daily. I dig up records and stats from all over the place to validate theories and answer questions all the time. I live, breathe, eat, drink, sleep, and dream Kansas City Chiefs' football.

Hillbilly, you can't sit there and tell me that these guys who try to analyze 32 teams are more educated or informed than the fan who follows only one with such devotion. They simply do not have time to devote to one team because they are trying to cover the entire league.

I have NEVER seen an analyst or commentator (except maybe a few out of KC) that I wouldn't take straight up in a Chiefs' trivia contest. Aside from the people directly involved with fielding the team, I can't think of anybody in the entire WORLD that I know of who has a clearer picture of what my team's status and chances are. There is nothing, NOTHING in this world that I put more time and dedication into than loving and learning the Chiefs.

That said, I am a realist. I know when our chances are bad because I know damn near EVERYTHING about this team. I didn't have us making the playoffs last year when Trent went down. I was wrong and so was everybody else. Fortunately, Huard was a pleasant surprise. I'm not a prophet, but I know my Chiefs. I also know that everybody has blown the supposed "decline" of this team WAAAY out of proportion. As Canada said, we are pretty much the same on offense with some additions that could be key. Our defense is improved. Where, oh where have we gone so completely awry? Are we are going to have a bad year because ESPN says so?? No. If we have a bad year, it will be because players that have proven themselves to be good in the past didn't play well. I don't see this happening week-in and week-out through the whole season. Sure guys will make mistakes, and we will lose games we should have won and vise a versa. This happens to every team, every year.

However, everybody wants to act like Tony Gonzales suddenly forgot how to play and LJ is suddenly fat and out of shape. Huard of course is lousy because he's been a career back-up and last year was a fluke or it was merely a figment of our imaginations. Oh yeah, lets not forget that our defense is still ranked last from 2003. Come on, as a Chiefs fan you have to admit that the mainstream media seems to go out of their way to kiss LT's posterior and hype up the Denver Donkeys. This is a recurring theme every year and it's convienient because ESPN doesn't have to write a new script. There is absolutely no way in hell some guy that hasn't even seen a Chiefs' game in four years, reading a script of a teleprompter, and played a career in the N B A is going to tell me ANYTHING about MY team. Period.

P.S. - The rest of my posts in this thread will probably be pretty generic as I am running out of gas, I think.

The O-line will look a lot better when LJ steps in Sunday. Yes he'll be limited, but by his standards that means less than 35 carries...say 20-25?! In addition to him being able to make more with less from the line than say Bennett or Smith can, the respect that Houston has for his ability will also diminish their ability to rush the passer (they can't just pin their ears back and rush, they have to beware of the run and stick to their lanes. So with that said I expect that the offense will improve immensely. However the defense is a question mark. Sure they were "vanilla" in the preseason, but a lot of the problem wasn't schemes, but rather fundamentals...(e.g. standing around as Ronnie Brown ran 15-20 yards with only Ty Law chasing him down.) Also don't forget, the offenses they were facing were also in "vanilla" mode.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and I do think KC will win this weekend. However to expect the defense to improve a lot over their preseason performance may be a tall order. Yeah they'll pull out the rest of the playbook, but so will all the other offenses.

As for the offense, I think they will improve...not only will they pull out the playbook, but they pulled the mistake prone Croyle, and inserted Huard, and LJ!!! Also Macintosh should return soon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

Man it just keeps coming. Awesome, I love it. I couldn't agree more about these so called experts from ESPN and wherever else, no one knows the Chiefs like us, excluding company personel.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

Geez guys that is alot to read especially m0ef0e but great work. There is always surprise teams (Saints) who the hell picked them and the Chiefs get no love because they are a small market team to these big network annalists. They are only getting one Nationally televised game and it is because they are playing a New York team. I hear you guys same QB, better "D" better left tackle, better WR, same TE, RB and most of all Solari has a year of experience now!

Yeah, I tend to get long-winded sometimes. If my ramblings ever get stale or boring, just let me know and I will try to dig up something fresh to rant about. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    Ok cool. Why did we get rid of Printers? I would honestly throw him in with Huard and Croyle about starting. Who is our third QB?

Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Most of the guys who do this for a living read their sh*t off a teleprompter. Example...NFL Network last night Jamie Dukes picked the Texans because the Chiefs had the last ranked defense and QB questions. Correct me if I am wrong but were we not 16th last year and are the Texans not playing a "career backup QB" as well? I guess if u see/hear ir on TV thenit must be true. I prefer to form my own opinions, but that is just me. Different strokes for different folks!!

What is your reason for believing that our O-line got that much worse... or is it just because you said so??
    I guess you will have to ask our fellow crowd members how they think the O line is going to be.

You can say whatever you want but you will NEVER convince me that you or I know more about the game of football than a lot of these guys that are on tv. I'm speaking of the guys who have 10 or 12 years experience on the field! They have forgot more about the game than we will ever know!

Just because they read from a teleprompter you think they don't know the game? Seriously bud!!!

By the way, Schaub will make the Texans a better team than they were last season.

BTW....Jamie Dukes is not one of the analists you should be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsfan27 View Post
    Ok cool. Why did we get rid of Printers? I would honestly throw him in with Huard and Croyle about starting. Who is our third QB?
    Some rookie who got cut by the quarterback-desperate Vikings.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I guess you will have to ask our fellow crowd members how they think the O line is going to be.

You can say whatever you want but you will NEVER convince me that you or I know more about the game of football than a lot of these guys that are on tv. I'm speaking of the guys who have 10 or 12 years experience on the field! They have forgot more about the game than we will ever know!

Just because they read from a teleprompter you think they don't know the game? Seriously bud!!!

By the way, Schaub will make the Texans a better team than they were last season.

BTW....Jamie Dukes is not one of the analists you should be watching.
    Just because they read from a teleprompter, u think they do?? Think for yourself man. Ever notice that all the talk is always about the big market teams? And Shaub is just another Carr behind a ****ty line again. You can be as negative as you like, I honestly don't lose any sleep over it. I am hopeful about this and every other season. I just think that maybe you should wait and see if the team is going to be bad before you go stating how bad they are. But I guess you and the TV analysts know more than anybody else about our team and maybe we should all start liking te Colts....or is it the Bears....or the Patriots?? Who is the TV saying is going to be good this year??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Most of the predictions I have read and heard say the Patriots over the Saints.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast