Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 148

Thread: Chiefs beat Texans.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Chiefs beat Texans.


    0 Not allowed!
    I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

    I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

    Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

    The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

    Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

    38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

    Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

    This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  2. #31
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Just because they read from a teleprompter, u think they do?? Think for yourself man. Ever notice that all the talk is always about the big market teams? And Shaub is just another Carr behind a ****ty line again. You can be as negative as you like, I honestly don't lose any sleep over it. I am hopeful about this and every other season. I just think that maybe you should wait and see if the team is going to be bad before you go stating how bad they are. But I guess you and the TV analysts know more than anybody else about our team and maybe we should all start liking te Colts....or is it the Bears....or the Patriots?? Who is the TV saying is going to be good this year??
    As a Cub fan, I am used to supporting a loser. Just because someone expects their team to have a poor record doesn't mean that they have to go root for a good team.

  3. #32
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    7,411
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 63
    Given: 65

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I keep myself prepared for the unthinkable. Being a fan for 12 years, I have to. Otherwise, I would have sold out to the Patriots or thrown myself off a bridge already. Absolutely nothing gets me fired up like Chiefs' football, though. It's not holiday season to me, it's football season, and I look forward to it the entire year. If I go into the the beginning of the season looking at my favorite team in a negative light, it seems like it would just cheapen the whole thing for me. I can handle disappointment when the game/season is over. I refuse to be disappointed before it's even started, though. I look forward to this too much to not enjoy it for at least a few weeks.
    Well put. I am that way also, I beleive and expect the Chiefs to win each and every game. Been disappointed numerous times, but game day its on KC Red, and if I am at work I wearing a Chiefs Tie, and Sweater.

  4. #33
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Just because they read from a teleprompter, u think they do?? Think for yourself man. Ever notice that all the talk is always about the big market teams? And Shaub is just another Carr behind a ****ty line again. You can be as negative as you like, I honestly don't lose any sleep over it. I am hopeful about this and every other season. I just think that maybe you should wait and see if the team is going to be bad before you go stating how bad they are. But I guess you and the TV analysts know more than anybody else about our team and maybe we should all start liking te Colts....or is it the Bears....or the Patriots?? Who is the TV saying is going to be good this year??
    Big market teams??? How about they talk mostly about the good teams! If they are in a big market great!!

    Look bud, I love the enthusiasm but as I have said many times, reality is key for me. For you to say the Chiefs are going to be good this year is comical. Avg at best!!!! I have been a fan for a hell of a lot longer than 12 years so I want them to win just as bad as anyone but I know an avg team when I see it and I know an above avg team when I see it! I have never worn rose colored glasses and I don't drink the kool aid even when speaking of my own team! Game day, yes, I am a homer but all other times I prefer to look at things realistically.

    As far as analysts go, pick your favorite and I bet he said the Chiefs are going to struggle this season and then tell me he doesn't know **** either!!

  5. #34
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SE Kansas
    Posts
    28,076
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 249
    Given: 440

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    As a Cub fan, I am used to supporting a loser. Just because someone expects their team to have a poor record doesn't mean that they have to go root for a good team.
    ...or that they are not still hoping for the best out of the team they root for.


  6. #35
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Big market teams??? How about they talk mostly about the good teams! If they are in a big market great!!

    Look bud, I love the enthusiasm but as I have said many times, reality is key for me. For you to say the Chiefs are going to be good this year is comical. Avg at best!!!! I have been a fan for a hell of a lot longer than 12 years so I want them to win just as bad as anyone but I know an avg team when I see it and I know an above avg team when I see it! I have never worn rose colored glasses and I don't drink the kool aid even when speaking of my own team! Game day, yes, I am a homer but all other times I prefer to look at things realistically.

    As far as analysts go, pick your favorite and I bet he said the Chiefs are going to struggle this season and then tell me he doesn't know **** either!!
    Hey big guy!! I love the lack of enthusiasm as much as you....seriously....u are soooo right....we are going to suck this year!!! U and "my favorite analyst" hit the nail right on the head. The numbers you chose all added up and u have a logical reason for why any chance we have of winning is "COMICAL" I think I speak for most people when I say any argument about why we are gonna be bad is bullsh*t until we see what happens on the field. Sure we were 9-7 and when we went to the playoffs last year....I know we backed into it....kinda like the Steelers the year before (SuperBowl Champs) in our playoff spot at 10-6. Do the "analysts" say that they backed in?? Ever wonder why that is?? Maybe some analysts who were in the league fo 10 or 12 years are a little biased towards some teams?? OH wait....they are on TV so they must know everything!! If I am wearing Rose Colored glasses then I am not gonna take them off, and if I am a homer then "D'oh" and if the Chiefs chances of winning are Comical then get ready to laugh your *** off!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  7. #36
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Most of the guys who do this for a living read their sh*t off a teleprompter. Example...NFL Network last night Jamie Dukes picked the Texans because the Chiefs had the last ranked defense and QB questions. Correct me if I am wrong but were we not 16th last year and are the Texans not playing a "career backup QB" as well? I guess if u see/hear ir on TV thenit must be true. I prefer to form my own opinions, but that is just me. Different strokes for different folks!!

    What is your reason for believing that our O-line got that much worse... or is it just because you said so??
    I agree Canada, Jamie Dukes gets paid to not know what he is talking about. We will beat Texas. There O bites. Our D is better. Our O will actually use the play book and put the Critics to rest. We will be a good teem this year.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  8. #37
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada's #1 Chiefs Fan View Post
    Hey big guy!! I love the lack of enthusiasm as much as you....seriously....u are soooo right....we are going to suck this year!!! U and "my favorite analyst" hit the nail right on the head. The numbers you chose all added up and u have a logical reason for why any chance we have of winning is "COMICAL" I think I speak for most people when I say any argument about why we are gonna be bad is bullsh*t until we see what happens on the field. Sure we were 9-7 and when we went to the playoffs last year....I know we backed into it....kinda like the Steelers the year before (SuperBowl Champs) in our playoff spot at 10-6. Do the "analysts" say that they backed in?? Ever wonder why that is?? Maybe some analysts who were in the league fo 10 or 12 years are a little biased towards some teams?? OH wait....they are on TV so they must know everything!! If I am wearing Rose Colored glasses then I am not gonna take them off, and if I am a homer then "D'oh" and if the Chiefs chances of winning are Comical then get ready to laugh your *** off!!
    You just loooove to fight don't ya???? Ur right, you know all and noone else knows anything. It's cool. You should make every attempt possible to aquire a job in the NFL as a coach. They could use a guy like you! Firey guy with an infinite amount of football knowledge, man you could move up in the tax bracket quick!!!

    Why do you somehow think that you know more about the game than guys who have played in it for years? Well, you don't! Period. We all like to think we know the game and we do know quite a bit but as I said, these guys have forgot more about the in and outs than we will ever know.

    Do you think it is some fluke that every single person on tv says we are goimg to struggle? Does none of them know what they are talking about?

    I'll watch your posts to see how enthusiastic you are throughout the season. How much complaining you do about the things we as a team need to fix to get better. Most of which I'm sure have been pointed out here in the preseason.

    Game 1, I'm not sure what to expect. I would love a win! But would I bet the farm on it, Nope!! Don't know many that would. Of course you would but I mean realistic people.

    Steelers???? Yes they did say they backed into the playoffs. I never said a team couldn't win if they made it to the playoffs. Anything can happen once your in but we will need a bunch of help if we are even going to sniff the playoffs this year!

    Come back down to earth bud! I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I love the enthusiam but come on , you act like it would be an act of god if we DIDN'T make the playoffs!

  9. #38
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Posts
    3,715
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You just loooove to fight don't ya???? Ur right, you know all and noone else knows anything. It's cool. You should make every attempt possible to aquire a job in the NFL as a coach. They could use a guy like you! Firey guy with an infinite amount of football knowledge, man you could move up in the tax bracket quick!!!

    Why do you somehow think that you know more about the game than guys who have played in it for years? Well, you don't! Period. We all like to think we know the game and we do know quite a bit but as I said, these guys have forgot more about the in and outs than we will ever know.

    Do you think it is some fluke that every single person on tv says we are goimg to struggle? Does none of them know what they are talking about?

    I'll watch your posts to see how enthusiastic you are throughout the season. How much complaining you do about the things we as a team need to fix to get better. Most of which I'm sure have been pointed out here in the preseason.

    Game 1, I'm not sure what to expect. I would love a win! But would I bet the farm on it, Nope!! Don't know many that would. Of course you would but I mean realistic people.

    Steelers???? Yes they did say they backed into the playoffs. I never said a team couldn't win if they made it to the playoffs. Anything can happen once your in but we will need a bunch of help if we are even going to sniff the playoffs this year!

    Come back down to earth bud! I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I love the enthusiam but come on , you act like it would be an act of god if we DIDN'T make the playoffs!
    Canada, you promised to give me a J-O-B when you got the coaching gig. I want to be in charge of something cool, like Ron Farmer's job. I would love to crush the hopes and dreams of NFL players. "Sorry son, we won't be paying you gazilla dollars this year, GET LOST!!!!"
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

    Official thread killer I have heard.

  10. #39
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,343
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24
    Given: 29

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You just loooove to fight don't ya???? Ur right, you know all and noone else knows anything. It's cool. You should make every attempt possible to aquire a job in the NFL as a coach. They could use a guy like you! Firey guy with an infinite amount of football knowledge, man you could move up in the tax bracket quick!!!

    Why do you somehow think that you know more about the game than guys who have played in it for years? Well, you don't! Period. We all like to think we know the game and we do know quite a bit but as I said, these guys have forgot more about the in and outs than we will ever know.

    Do you think it is some fluke that every single person on tv says we are goimg to struggle? Does none of them know what they are talking about?

    I'll watch your posts to see how enthusiastic you are throughout the season. How much complaining you do about the things we as a team need to fix to get better. Most of which I'm sure have been pointed out here in the preseason.

    Game 1, I'm not sure what to expect. I would love a win! But would I bet the farm on it, Nope!! Don't know many that would. Of course you would but I mean realistic people.

    Steelers???? Yes they did say they backed into the playoffs. I never said a team couldn't win if they made it to the playoffs. Anything can happen once your in but we will need a bunch of help if we are even going to sniff the playoffs this year!

    Come back down to earth bud! I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I love the enthusiam but come on , you act like it would be an act of god if we DIDN'T make the playoffs!
    First of all for the 78th time I will say it....I hope we are good. I will cheer for us to be good. I never said that we will definitely make the playoffs, i said I like our chances....could they be better....sure! However, all I have said is that if you are going to point out all the flaws in this team, why not at least wait until they step out on the field in a regular season game and see what they can do. I do believe that I know more about the Chiefs than the average sports caster on ESPN or your local sports news caster. Just because they played football you think they went and studied every teams roster for the season. I think that a lot of analysts say what all the other guy are saying. That is exactly why the term "vanillla" has been popping up on every sports cast in the world. One guy said so now they all say it. I have heard guys talking about teams running attacks and how the Chiefs have one effective RB and other teams that have a dual attack. We have two pro bowl running backs don't we?? Where is their 10 years of knowledge there?? Playing football for 10 years does not make you a good analyst. It makes you a good player. They may know more about the game of football, they do not know more about the Chiefs. Believe me when I say that if the Chiefs sh*t the bed this year then yes, I will ***** and complain, and I will be doing that because I believe that the players on this team have the ability and talent to put together a good season and I will be pissed if they do not take advantage of the situation but you will not catch me talking about how ****ty they are going to be until I watch a game or two thi season. If your analysts know so much about the game and who is gonna win and lose why don't they make billions betting of football? Next time you listen to some "expert analysis" see what their records are picking winning teams.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

  11. #40
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    9,127
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 28
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    You just loooove to fight don't ya???? Ur right, you know all and noone else knows anything. It's cool. You should make every attempt possible to aquire a job in the NFL as a coach. They could use a guy like you! Firey guy with an infinite amount of football knowledge, man you could move up in the tax bracket quick!!!

    Why do you somehow think that you know more about the game than guys who have played in it for years? Well, you don't! Period.
    Is anyone wondering why I would nominate Hillbilly for "Most argumentative"?

    The fact is that I too am expecting a losing season, but it wouldn't require a full-fledged miracle, for this team to be a competitor, this season.

    I think that we all expect some good things from the defense this year and if Mcintosh does an above-average job, then that gives a boost to our running game and improves the chances for Huard to repeat his stellar play from a year ago, or at least play well enough to make this team a contender.

    You appear to have absolutely no hope, where there is, at least, a glimmer. If you consider the above possibilities, and add in a sprinkle of luck, (which is a factor in everything) then this team could make some serious noise.

    Looking at the performance of this team, a year ago, What are the major changes? Improved defense; Improved Left Tackle position (leading to a better opportunity to throw the ball well and potentially, a little more running room.) Looking at this team in that light, it is easy to understand how someone could hold some hope, even some optimism.

    I may bring in some cloudy weather to the picture, most of the time, but you are trying to bring in something similar to an armageddon. Take a step back and look at how unwilling you have been to grant the slightest glimmer of hope. I just think that you are being exaggerated, in your pessemism. But, go ahead, I'm not trying to stop you. I just thought that I would point out where that glimmer of hope is coming from.

    As for the "experts", often times, it can be difficult to see the forrest, for the trees. When one is too close, things look different than what they look like from afar. Many "experts" are too close to have real perspective.

    I won't credit any of those "experts" as being all-knowing. I have absolutely zero doubt that there are many times, that NFL "experts are wrong, while a bunch of fans were right. You want to believe that everything falls were it belongs? I'm sorry for you. Because you are too easily convinced. Answer me this... How does George W. Bush become the President of the United States, then get elected to a second term? Often, the people who get the "job", whatever job that may be, are the absolute wrong people to have the job. What is your team presidents name in Arizona, again?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •