Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs beat Texans.

Default Chiefs beat Texans.

I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I ALWAYS see Tom Jackson looking through rose colored glasses at the Donkeys, for example.
    I agree 100%!!! I also think that some of those guys are homers like Canada! Mark Shlereth is another. However, that doesn't mean they don't know the game and don't have a pretty good idea of how teams for the most part are going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I also will cheer for us to have a good season.

One thing your getting twisted here is that it is of MY opinion that I say we will have a rough season!! The guys on tv don't influence what I think! I can't help it if I agree with them.

As far as you complaining about why they are bad goes, you say you wil do so because of the fact that you think they have the talent to do better. Well, if they don't do as well as you think they are going to, doesn't that prove otherwise? This is my point!! I don't think we have a ton of talent at certain positions! This is why I think we will struggle!

Avg. at best O line
    2 career back up QB's fighting for a starting position.
    1 decent and aging WR and 1 rookie with potential.
    Special teams is bad.
    All crucial positions that are important for a winning season.
    Yes we have an avg D. A stud RB and TE that will keep us in a few games but they will wear down throughout the season and need a little help!

I am not argumentative as some of you think. I realize this is a Chiefs fan site but why is it not ok for someone to look at things from a pessamistic side of things? I see Cheifster is not chiming in and I believe he is almost as pesamistic about the season as I am but I could be wrong. I believe he just chooses not to get into this which is fine but I choose to give you my opinion just as you choose to give me yours!

I think you need to learn how to not get so defensive when someone see's things from a different point of view than yours! It's not the end of the world and you are not the almighty football god!! They are just opinions, some will turn out to be right and some will turn out to be wrong but for you to continue to suggest that you know more about this or any other team than anybody else is ridiculous! Your a fan like all of us. If you want to talk about blood pressure or starting an IV great, I'm sure you might know a little more about that than the rest of us but from now on when someone's opinion differs from yours, your more than welcome to share your opinion with them but no need for you to tell them how wrong they are for having that opinion!!
    Last I checked, the QB competition was over and to call Croyle a career backup is hardly fair. He is a developing QB, there is a difference. Damon's our starter and he is 10-4 in his career as one. 2nd highest passer rating the NFL, 8 wins, 11 TD's with only 1 pick. I'm tired of hearing that a guy who has shown success and has been in our system for four years has no chance of performing well because he was a "career backup" to DAN MARINO, TOM BRADY, and TRENT GREEN! @!*!%

I agree on wideouts. I like Kennison but he is aging as you said. Bowe has potential. We all know the problems with Sammie Parker. Webb is still somewhat of an unproven commodity, though. We also have Drummond now, too and Sippio on the practice squad. Some of these guys still need to prove themselves but I think we've made some steps in the right direction.

Special teams aren't the best but aren't the worst, either. I agree that they could maybe hurt us some.

The defense was average last year. They should improve some to slightly above average, or dare I say-- "good".

Jason Dunn is back now which will help both Tony G and LJ because Tony will not have to stay in to block as much and LJ will have more blocking. Also, one of our receivers may step up and take some pressure off of the running game and Tony.

Last I checked, the QB competition was over and to call Croyle a career backup is hardly fair. He is a developing QB, there is a difference. Damon's our starter and he is 10-4 in his career as one. 2nd highest passer rating the NFL, 8 wins, 11 TD's with only 1 pick. I'm tired of hearing that a guy who has shown success and has been in our system for four years has no chance of performing well because he was a "career backup" to DAN MARINO, TOM BRADY, and TRENT GREEN! @!*!%

I agree on wideouts. I like Kennison but he is aging as you said. Bowe has potential. We all know the problems with Sammie Parker. Webb is still somewhat of an unproven commodity, though. We also have Drummond now, too and Sippio on the practice squad. Some of these guys still need to prove themselves but I think we've made some steps in the right direction.

Special teams aren't the best but aren't the worst, either. I agree that they could maybe hurt us some.

The defense was average last year. They should improve some to slightly above average, or dare I say-- "good".

Jason Dunn is back now which will help both Tony G and LJ because Tony will not have to stay in to block as much and LJ will have more blocking. Also, one of our receivers may step up and take some pressure off of the running game and Tony.
    Which I hope you are proven right. I would love to see D.Bowe bring something to the table sooner than later.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    Which I hope you are proven right. I would love to see D.Bowe bring something to the table sooner than later.
    Yeah, it would be nice if the coaching staff actually looked smart about something for a change.

I also will cheer for us to have a good season.

One thing your getting twisted here is that it is of MY opinion that I say we will have a rough season!! The guys on tv don't influence what I think! I can't help it if I agree with them.

As far as you complaining about why they are bad goes, you say you wil do so because of the fact that you think they have the talent to do better. Well, if they don't do as well as you think they are going to, doesn't that prove otherwise? This is my point!! I don't think we have a ton of talent at certain positions! This is why I think we will struggle!

Avg. at best O line
    2 career back up QB's fighting for a starting position.
    1 decent and aging WR and 1 rookie with potential.
    Special teams is bad.
    All crucial positions that are important for a winning season.
    Yes we have an avg D. A stud RB and TE that will keep us in a few games but they will wear down throughout the season and need a little help!

I am not argumentative as some of you think. I realize this is a Chiefs fan site but why is it not ok for someone to look at things from a pessamistic side of things? I see Cheifster is not chiming in and I believe he is almost as pesamistic about the season as I am but I could be wrong. I believe he just chooses not to get into this which is fine but I choose to give you my opinion just as you choose to give me yours!

I think you need to learn how to not get so defensive when someone see's things from a different point of view than yours! It's not the end of the world and you are not the almighty football god!! They are just opinions, some will turn out to be right and some will turn out to be wrong but for you to continue to suggest that you know more about this or any other team than anybody else is ridiculous! Your a fan like all of us. If you want to talk about blood pressure or starting an IV great, I'm sure you might know a little more about that than the rest of us but from now on when someone's opinion differs from yours, your more than welcome to share your with them but no need for you to tell them how wrong they are for having that opinion!!
    When did I say you were wrong? I disagree with you...your sig says "smack talk bring it" but then when I discuss things with you you get all bent outta shape. The pessimism is negative...look it up in the dictionary. All I saying is why do you continue to say they are going to be bad. How is that supporting your team? My kid is not great at math, but I don't say she is gonna get sh*tty marks at the start of the semester. I help and support here throughout the entire year and I will deal with the problem when it arises, and if it dosen't then I am a happy man. I guess my point is I don't see how being negative about something we have not seen yet is any way to cheer for our team. You are entitled to your opinion and I thought I was entitled to mine, but I guess you disagree and so I will post no further with you on this topic. And if you don't want people to get defensive, don't start posts out with phrases like "Look bud". Don't make this about getting defensive and starting fights, you just went off on me for talking about this with you and we obviously don't agree, but have you not been telling me I am wrong this whole time? Kinda the pot calling the kettle black don't ya think?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Yeah, it would be nice if the coaching staff actually looked smart about something for a change.

Oh man! Typed the words right off my key board!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Oh man! Typed the words right off my key board!
    I am wise to your post-whoring ways.

I agree 100%!!! I also think that some of those guys are homers like Canada! Mark Shlereth is another. However, that doesn't mean they don't know the game and don't have a pretty good idea of how teams for the most part are going to do.
    That's Mr. Homer to you.

Like I've said before especially on game day I'm as big a Homer as anyone; nothing wrong with it.

It's those kind of comment that turn discussions into fights. But now I am confused....are they Homers or guys who know everything. Pick a side and stick with it man.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

I am wise to your post-whoring ways.
    You have learned well my pupil.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast