Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs beat Texans.

Default Chiefs beat Texans.

I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by sling58 View Post
    I think forums should be allowed to be free to say whatever we want. If someone doesn't agree with what think is right I do not call them a Homer. Everyone is allowed to freedom of expression on their views of the Chiefs.....If you say something back it up with facts....If you can't shut it. I dont agree with a lot of things people say on this forum but I don't call any one names. We all have one thing in common, WE ARE CHIEFS FANS!!! So let's circle the wagons, put out our F****** tomahawks, chase down some name stealin Texans and make them wish they never formed an Expansion team in Houston. Who's with me?

And in quoting a true Chiefs fan, THAT IS ALL!!!!!
    Agreed, and not resorting to childish name calling is what I mean by remaining respectful. I don't have a problem with the term "Homer" because I don't particularly view that as something bad. Also, I don't believe it is always necessary to have stats to back up a point of view particularly if your opinion is derived by what you see happening on the field.

And, you are so right about Houston stealin our former name! They must go down for doing so!

I think forums should be allowed to be free to say whatever we want. If someone doesn't agree with what think is right I do not call them a Homer. Everyone is allowed to freedom of expression on their views of the Chiefs.....If you say something back it up with facts....If you can't shut it. I dont agree with a lot of things people say on this forum but I don't call any one names. We all have one thing in common, WE ARE CHIEFS FANS!!! So let's circle the wagons, put out our F****** tomahawks, chase down some name stealin Texans and make them wish they never formed an Expansion team in Houston. Who's with me?

And in quoting a true Chiefs fan, THAT IS ALL!!!!!
    I've already got the catbox lined with a Texans uni. J/k, I can't waste that kind of money! It's gonna be all Chiefs on sunday. LJ and Bennet (forgot Herm is going to hold off on riding LJ into the dirt for a couple of weeks) for close to 200 yards and 2 TD's. Damon over 250 passing and at least 1 TD. Also, a defensive TD for good measure and a couple of field goals. Chiefs all over Texans 34 - 13. (See, I can make predictions, too!) None of this is based on anything other than my love of the Chiefs, btw. Don't put your house on it!
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 09-07-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I've already got the catbox lined with a Texans uni. J/k, I can't waste that kind of money! It's gonna be all Chiefs on sunday. LJ and Bennet (forgot Herm is going to hold off on riding LJ into the dirt for a couple of weeks) for close to 200 yards and 2 TD's. Damon over 250 passing and at least 1 TD. Also, a defensive TD for good measure and a couple of field goals. Chiefs all over Texans 34 - 13. (See, I can make predictions, too!) None of this is based on anything other than my love of the Chiefs, btw. Don't put your house on it!
    Good cause I don't have it paid off yet.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

I didn't realize everyone took "homer" as an insult. I certainly didn't mean it as an insult. Just my way of saying sometimes judgement gets clouded by faith in your own team. I think I stated ina previuos post that on game days I am a homer. Just not all the time.

And Canada, trust me, I'm a grown *** man and it's going to take much more than a football forum to get me "bent"!! I just like to voice my opinion and when I get blasted for it, I want to voice it even more so!! I bet you the same in that way.

Don't compare your childrens grades to football. Apples and oranges! Grades.....FAR MORE IMPORTANT!!! Hope they do well!!

Mo, you should have flamed me! I welcome it! As for torching the Chiefs, as I said, I am a realist. This doesn't mean I don't cheer like hell for the Chiefs every game but at the same time, I don't get too upset when they lose because I feel like I had an idea of what was going to happen. Then, when they prove me wrong, I am elated and it makes the victory that much sweeter for me!

Anyhow, I don't hold any grudges nor do I have any hard feelings. Just don't want to get flamed for a differing opinion! I don't feel like I have flamed anyone, just had my own opinion. Smalk talk?????? I haven't even begun to do that. Most of the time it gets outta control therefor I have chosen to refrain on this site because it is in the rules that we do so. Cheers everyone and here's to the Chiefs winning more than 7 games!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    I didn't realize everyone took "homer" as an insult. I certainly didn't mean it as an insult. Just my way of saying sometimes judgement gets clouded by faith in your own team. I think I stated ina previuos post that on game days I am a homer. Just not all the time.

And Canada, trust me, I'm a grown *** man and it's going to take much more than a football forum to get me "bent"!! I just like to voice my opinion and when I get blasted for it, I want to voice it even more so!! I bet you the same in that way.

Don't compare your childrens grades to football. Apples and oranges! Grades.....FAR MORE IMPORTANT!!! Hope they do well!!

Mo, you should have flamed me! I welcome it! As for torching the Chiefs, as I said, I am a realist. This doesn't mean I don't cheer like hell for the Chiefs every game but at the same time, I don't get too upset when they lose because I feel like I had an idea of what was going to happen. Then, when they prove me wrong, I am elated and it makes the victory that much sweeter for me!

Anyhow, I don't hold any grudges nor do I have any hard feelings. Just don't want to get flamed for a differing opinion! I don't feel like I have flamed anyone, just had my own opinion. Smalk talk?????? I haven't even begun to do that. Most of the time it gets outta control therefor I have chosen to refrain on this site because it is in the rules that we do so. Cheers everyone and here's to the Chiefs winning more than 7 games!!
    That's the ticket ole chum!
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

(Forgot to quote Hillbilly's last message so just pretend it's there.)

I hate flaming people. It's much more constructive and even fun to have a factual debate. I don't doubt your heart. Nor that you cheer your *** off when the Chiefs are on the field. I like to be optimistic about things because it makes the time preceeeding said event more fun and enjoyable for me. That said, I don't let my optimism make the disappointment any greater. If the Chiefs lose, EVER, I'm pissed and extremely disappointed but not more so than if I were less optimistic.

Thanks for the good debates man, I can't be mad at you for holding fast to your opinion and beliefs. In fact, it is something to be respected.

(Forgot to quote Hillbilly's last message so just pretend it's there.)

I hate flaming people. It's much more constructive and even fun to have a factual debate. I don't doubt your heart. Nor that you cheer your *** off when the Chiefs are on the field. I like to be optimistic about things because it makes the time preceeeding said event more fun and enjoyable for me. That said, I don't let my optimism make the disappointment any greater. If the Chiefs lose, EVER, I'm pissed and extremely disappointed but not more so than if I were less optimistic.

Thanks for the good debates man, I can't be mad at you for holding fast to your opinion and beliefs. In fact, it is something to be respected.
    It's good to hold fast to your opinions but don't say someone eles is wrong just because it's not what you think. Diversity makes this thread great. Lets keep it that way and civil!

It's good to hold fast to your opinions but don't say someone eles is wrong just because it's not what you think. Diversity makes this thread great. Lets keep it that way and civil!
    Forget that, the gloves are off! j/k Well said.

Forget that, the gloves are off! j/k Well said.
    Like I said before 7 years of Muay Thai helps me in this...

Like I said before 7 years of Muay Thai helps me in this...

Sweet, beat up Hillbilly for me! j/k

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast