Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 148

Thread: Chiefs beat Texans.

  1. #1
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default Chiefs beat Texans.


    0 Not allowed!
    I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

    I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

    Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

    The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

    Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

    38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

    Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

    This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  2. #2
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sw missouri
    Posts
    363
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    The media always lumps in that group so who gives a damn what they say.It will be a low scoring event, and the chiefs will win.going to place my bet now, still getting the hang of this gambling just for fun or I would have done it sooner.My apologies.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

  3. #3
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by swmochiefsfan View Post
    The media always lumps in that group so who gives a damn what they say.It will be a low scoring event, and the chiefs will win.going to place my bet now, still getting the hang of this gambling just for fun or I would have done it sooner.My apologies.
    No apologies neccessary, bro. I'm just full of fire today. :flamethrower51235:

    I just find it hard to believe that a playoff team can backslide so thoroughly in the offseason that they are automatically going to get run over by team like Houston, who have PROVED themselves to be a bad team over the course of several years.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  4. #4
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

    I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

    Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

    The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

    Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

    38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

    Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

    This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.

    Being as the season hasn't started as you say,could it possibly be just as silly to assume they are going to win this game or be an above avg team this season as well?

    These guys get paid to analyze these teams year after year. Most of the time they are spot on.

  5. #5
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sw missouri
    Posts
    363
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    These guys are also full of sh*t half the time, look at Peter King he mostly wrong...mostly.
    The Ozarks is Chiefs Country

  6. #6
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    4,839
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

    I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

    Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

    The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

    Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

    38 points??? Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

    Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

    This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.
    I don't think that the problem is faith that KC can beat Houston, but rather the economics of the sports book...most of us placed large bets (or our entire balance) on LJ exceeding 70 yards at a 4/1 payout. That is a better payout and better bet than a 2/1 payout on the Chiefs winning. Do I think they'll win, yes...would I rather get a 4/1 payout on a pretty sure bet...yes.

    The lack of action on this event isn't a statement on the Chiefs as much as it is a statement on the odds...also please note the oddsmaker (Chief31 I think) has quickly adjusted the odds on LJ exceeding 70 yards...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 49ers own my heart, but the Chiefs will always hold a better than neutral spot for giving my favorite player a place to leave with grace...

    Resident Comedian/Statistician/Researcher/Diplomat

  7. #7
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    Being as the season hasn't started as you say,could it possibly be just as silly to assume they are going to win this game or be an above avg team this season as well?

    These guys get paid to analyze these teams year after year. Most of the time they are spot on.
    A lot of these guys have predicted Arizona in the playoffs for three straight years. They haven't made it yet.

    How many of these guys predicted the Bears in the superbowl during last year's preseason? Or the Panters a few years ago? How many times have they said that it was going to be the Eagles' year to win one during their stint of losing 4 NFC title games in a row and then a superbowl? How many of these guys had Sandy Eggo to represent the AFC in the superbowl last year because the Colt's defense was supposedly so pourous?

    All these guys do is take the safe bets, really. Who's NOT going to pick the Patriots going into the playoffs? It's like passing on LT with the first pick in a fantasy draft. A lot of these guys are still picking the Patriots to win the superbowl, even though many of them admit that this is the weakest defense New England has fielded in years. Then the same guy that pitches this crap will turn around and contradict himself by saying "defense wins championships".

    They're all guessing and a lot of them will pull for their former team when you pay close attention. This is why most of the NFL Live guys are always so hyped on the Donkeys. Half of them used to wear the uni!

    This year, the Cowboys are predicted to win their division over the Eagles. The Cardinals are predicted to win the wild card while the Rams are predicted to be at the bottom of the division. The Donkeys are predicted to get a wild-card spot... again... and the Dolphins are projected to have the worst record in the AFC aside from the Cleveland Browns. These are just a few things we could see them being wrong about this season.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  8. #8
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Grain Valley, MO
    Posts
    2,425
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Rbedgood, that's totally understandable about the odds. The reason I felt I needed to say something was not just because of the lack of betting, however. Every forum, every radio station, and every tv channel is riddled with people who don't give the Chiefs a snowball's chance in hell. I see it every year but I don't recall a year where I have seen so many dedicated Chiefs' fans with such a negative perspective regarding the upcoming season.
    Last edited by m0ef0e; 09-05-2007 at 02:45 PM.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

  9. #9
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    1,852
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    A lot of these guys have predicted Arizona in the playoffs for three straight years. They haven't made it yet.

    How many of these guys predicted the Bears in the superbowl during last year's preseason? Or the Panters a few years ago? How many times have they said that it was going to be the Eagles' year to win one during their stint of losing 4 NFC title games in a row and then a superbowl? How many of these guys had Sandy Eggo to represent the AFC in the superbowl last year because the Colt's defense was supposedly so pourous?

    All these guys do is take the safe bets, really. Who's NOT going to pick the Patriots going into the playoffs? It's like passing on LT with the first pick in a fantasy draft. A lot of these guys are still picking the Patriots to win the superbowl, even though many of them admit that this is the weakest defense New England has fielded in years. Then the same guy that pitches this crap will turn around and contradict himself by saying "defense wins championships".

    They're all guessing and a lot of them will pull for their former team when you pay close attention. This is why most of the NFL Live guys are always so hyped on the Donkeys. Half of them used to wear the uni!

    This year, the Cowboys are predicted to win their division over the Eagles. The Cardinals are predicted to win the wild card while the Rams are predicted to be at the bottom of the division. The Donkeys are predicted to get a wild-card spot... again... and the Dolphins are projected to have the worst record in the AFC aside from the Cleveland Browns. These are just a few things we could see them being wrong about this season.
    All I am saying is that they know the game of football. Obviously it's always a guess at the beginning of a season for ANYBODY to predict what is going to happen but they have a better understanding of things being while you and I are at work, they are watching football teams.

    I haven't seen 1 prediction of the Rams being at the bottom of that division, in fact I just watched NFL Live and they were predicted to win the division.
    The Donks SHOULD be predicted to get a wildcard spot.
    The Dolphins COULD have the worst record in football.
    The Cardinals also COULD win a wildcard spot.
    The Cowgirls very possibly and probably win their division.

    You know as well as we all do that these guys have to go by how things look on paper at the beginning of the season. Things get all jacked up when injuries occur so things change.

    I don't think it should get to you so bad when people predict that the Chiefs are going to have a bad year. They are!! We all love our Chiefs but reality is reality no matter what anyone says or thinks. JMO.

  10. #10
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Read the name dumbass!!
    Posts
    13,330
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23
    Given: 26

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHillbilly View Post
    All I am saying is that they know the game of football. Obviously it's always a guess at the beginning of a season for ANYBODY to predict what is going to happen but they have a better understanding of things being while you and I are at work, they are watching football teams.

    I haven't seen 1 prediction of the Rams being at the bottom of that division, in fact I just watched NFL Live and they were predicted to win the division.
    The Donks SHOULD be predicted to get a wildcard spot.
    The Dolphins COULD have the worst record in football.
    The Cardinals also COULD win a wildcard spot.
    The Cowgirls very possibly and probably win their division.

    You know as well as we all do that these guys have to go by how things look on paper at the beginning of the season. Things get all jacked up when injuries occur so things change.

    I don't think it should get to you so bad when people predict that the Chiefs are going to have a bad year. They are!! We all love our Chiefs but reality is reality no matter what anyone says or thinks. JMO.
    And while they are at home, we are watching football teams. At least we come up with original thoughts, not reading them off a teleprompter. Would u still be saying that this is gonna be a bad year is all those guys said that the Chiefs are the team to beat this year? That is the difference with us compared to them, we understand the game....they read about it. If a lot of people say we are bad, that does not make it true. The only thing that can make that statement true is the upcoming 16 game schedule that we are about to play. Your "realism" is just expressing all the negatives and agreeing with the "experts" How much different is this team then last year..."realistically" Same RB, same QB, Same TE, Same WR and we lost one guy on the O-line. Defence has inproved or stayed the same. Where is this great decline u are referring to?? I still don't see "realistically" where we got that much worse??
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •