Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Offensive Line

Default The Offensive Line

How bad has the offensive line been the second half of the season.

From the stats it seems like they are doing much better. Cassel has fewer sacks and J. Charles is getting some big runs.

I havent been able to see the games in the second half of the season. Has the OL gotten better, or is the team working around the bad OL. Im sure they are not leaps and bounds better, but it seems like they have shored up some of the big holes.

I almost wonder if we need to revamp the whole OL?

The run blocking is still bad. We have been very unsuccessful running anything up the middle. I can count maybe 3 successful plays up the middle getting any yards. The other RB's have sucked very badly. Only someone with the speed of Charles can do anything with the O line.

Now the pass blocking has been better. Much more time to throw and fewer sacks.

I would still draft an O lineman early. At least 2.
    It starts with the Offensive line

Better, but we are still going to fix it.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Yeah, I think Cassel is doing a better job of getting rid of the ball. He is throwing the ball sooner, but it is also leading to some interceptions because he is not taking the time he needs to get rid of the ball more on target.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

From the stats it seems like they are doing much better. Cassel has fewer sacks and J. Charles is getting some big runs.

I havent been able to see the games in the second half of the season. Has the OL gotten better, or is the team working around the bad OL. Im sure they are not leaps and bounds better, but it seems like they have shored up some of the big holes.

Hell, yes. The O-line needs serious work, from top to bottom. Peterson let then line go to pot when Herm started coaching, and Herm REALLY messed things up when he moved Mike Solari from being the line coach to offensive cooridinator. No real effort was made to replace Roaf, Shields or Tait when they left or retired.

Its been better but still needs improvement

I'm pretty sure you're going to see a new center at the VERY LEAST. Albert will probably stay on the left side and you'll see the Chiefs try to find a new center with one of the second round picks and a RT with the 3rd rounder. At least, that's what I would try to do. I'd also be looking for another guard... perhaps moving Niswanger over.

I think you'll see defensive picks with our first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by kilobytes View Post
    The run blocking is still bad. We have been very unsuccessful running anything up the middle. I can count maybe 3 successful plays up the middle getting any yards. The other RB's have sucked very badly. Only someone with the speed of Charles can do anything with the O line.

Now the pass blocking has been better. Much more time to throw and fewer sacks.

I would still draft an O lineman early. At least 2.
    Perfectly said!

dont forget about the rookie we drafted that has yet to play. he went to IR before the season. i think his name was collin brown. but i might be wrong. dont know if he is any good. Hope he's atleast an upgrade. Does anyone know anyhting about his play? would Neiswinger be better at tackle than center? Is he quick enough?
    Last edited by jason1981; 12-29-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: adding to it

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post

The offensive line is not good, but Cassel holds onto the ball too long as well, so it makes them look even worse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast