Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Knowing what we know now we would have done what before the 2009 season

Default Knowing what we know now we would have done what before the 2009 season

Tried to trade LJ or just cut him
    Drafted Orakpo instead of Jackson
    Built the line up
    Not have picked up Cassel kept thigpen (not that Thigpen is better but he would do about the same with much less cost) and waited until 2010 to pick up a solid qb or trade Dorsey for Kyle Orton
    Make sure Bowe does not take diuretics or steroids or whatever he did
    Sign Succop to a 10 year contract
    Kept Tony Gonzalez
    Tried to pick up Chambers earlier
    what else you think?

Quote Originally Posted by figcrostic View Post
    You just proved my point, Orton is just as good as Cassel no better no worse.
    Well I agree with keeping Thigpen as he was just as good as Orton, but I would not have made a move to bring in Orton to this team. What would be the point? The only reason he went to Chicago was the Cutler trade, if the Bears thought that another team actually WANTED Orton, the price would have been higher.

That is the part many of you guys fail to realize. These teams just do not give players away. I am sure Chicago is kicking themselves in the rear making the move for Cutler seeing how Cutler did for them this season and considering they had to give up a First Rounder to get him.

Seriously! Do you really think that the Bears would have just given us Orton? Do you think we would have gotten the deal we did for Orton over Cassel? You seem to forget that deal also included Vrabel, who also brought an impact with him.

I would never have signed Cassel to such a large deal without seeing him play, but he has played well enough to be a starter for just about any team out there, and he is certainly not making Manning money so I think we are alright with what we got.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

now I am going to be labeled and Orton Fan, just like you guys labeled me a Croyle fan so be it
    No, it would be childish to resort to name calling.

all you did was defend your boyfriend
    see
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    Cassel's contract ran out after his last season with NE, which is what made him expendable to them since they didnt want to sign him to a huge contract after a really good year... and also why he needed to negotiate a new (huge/starting qb) contract as soon as he was a Chief....

He was set to play one season under the franchise tag.

He is a starting QB, with a new contract, ofcourse he is going to be getting tons of money...

He was not a starting QB. (Or should not have been treated as such, without winning that job.)

bottom line is, the Chiefs needed a QB, and we have one now.

I still don't see where The Chiefs needed a QB.

Maybe for more money than others, but we have plenty of room in cap space so who cares how much he costs? I think Chiefs fans are being way too hard on him simply bc he makes a ton of money, and that really isn't his fault. Blame Pioli for giving him too much money, but don't sit here and whine about Cassel when his supporting cast is made up of practice squad lineman, and the "revolving door" or butterhands receivers....so the whole "he should be better bc of the money he is making" excuse is just well... an excuse. Cassel sucks right now bc the offense sucks. Its really not his fault, and i think most reasonable Chiefs fans understand this. And for those who thinks he is inaccurate bc he throws the ball 6 inches whichever way can also be attributed to the (weak) receiver play and chemistry btw the two... And yes, Cassel has made some HORRIBLE decisions, and some BAD throws, but not many....Danan Hughes (ex Chiefs CB, whom i firmly believe in) from Metro Sports has regularly voiced his dissaproval for the "revolving door" of WR's because TIMING can make those 6 inaccurate inches dissapear....

And if someone thinks Orton is as good or better than Cassel, well you can go to Donkeyland and root for the Donks for all i care... That is a disgrace to Chiefs fans everywhere..

I cant wait to start some threads the next year or two when we actually have a legit football team making all the Cassel haters eat SH*T......
    I won't be going to Donkeyland. But thanks for pleasantly offering.

I happen to think that Peyton Manning is a better QB than Cassel. Is that a disgrace? I think Tom Brady and Drew Brees are both better QBs than Cassel is. How humiliating, hunh?

It is not, in any way, shape, or form, disgraceful to believe that some other player is better than the player The Chiefs have at that same position. In case you haven't noticed, we really don't have the all around dream team here right now.

It is reasonable, while I don't completely agree, to say that Orton is a better QB, considering the current stats.

As for actual thread topic...

I probably keep Herm Edwards as HC for another season, or just have Gailey or Gunther act as interim coach for a season.

I am sure he would have gotten to better than 3-13. But I'll force his resignation after this season anyway.

I don't trade for Cassel.

I do not fire Chan Gailey.

I don't allow Damien Macintosh to be released.

I don't cut Bernard Pollard.

I don't trade away Thigpen.

I don't trade away Tank Tyler.

I draft Andre Smith, and allow Brandon Albert to move back to RG.

I suffer like hell on defense again. Because replacing Jared Allen and addressing the o-line can't, realistically, be done in one off-season.

The rest of my draft would look quite different as well. But I don't want to drag this out all night.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I won't be going to Donkeyland. But thanks for pleasantly offering.

I happen to think that Peyton Manning is a better QB than Cassel. Is that a disgrace? I think Tom Brady and Drew Brees are both better QBs than Cassel is. How humiliating, hunh?

It is not, in any way, shape, or form, disgraceful to believe that some other player is better than the player The Chiefs have at that same position. In case you haven't noticed, we really don't have the all around dream team here right now.

It is reasonable, while I don't completely agree, to say that Orton is a better QB, considering the current stats.

As for actual thread topic...

I probably keep Herm Edwards as HC for another season, or just have Gailey or Gunther act as interim coach for a season.

I am sure he would have gotten to better than 3-13. But I'll force his resignation after this season anyway.

I don't trade for Cassel.

I do not fire Chan Gailey.

I don't allow Damien Macintosh to be released.

I don't cut Bernard Pollard.

I don't trade away Thigpen.

I don't trade away Tank Tyler.

I draft Andre Smith, and allow Brandon Albert to move back to RG.

I suffer like hell on defense again. Because replacing Jared Allen and addressing the o-line can't, realistically, be done in one off-season.

The rest of my draft would look quite different as well. But I don't want to drag this out all night.
    I can agree with that, also I don't even think Orton is better then Cassel just not worse, I think they are about equal. I like the idea of making Chan interim coach he knew the offense better then anyone and was very creative guy.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    IMO you should put more time and thought into the material you post. Some of the things make sense others don't.
    Trade Dorsey for Kyle who? Get serious.
    We would have far more turnovers with Thigy.
    If we had drafted Orakpo would you sit Hali on the bench? They would be playing the same position.
    You really believe that???? Isn't "Door-Mat" Cassel leading the NFL in interceptions????
    The next game is the most important one of the season !!

Quote Originally Posted by windwalker View Post
    You really believe that???? Isn't "Door-Mat" Cassel leading the NFL in interceptions????
    Let's go back to that research thing!!! I believe Cutler has 26 or 27 interceptions!!!!!
    And yes, I do believe Thigy would have more turn overs. He is a QB that can operate out of the spread offense. I liked what he did last year, but he proved in preseason that he was not very good under center.
    Cassell has made his share of mistakes, but for a QB operating behind a bad OL. With a revolving door of WR's. Plus learning a new offense on the fly, he has performed better than can be expected.
    Until we get the "right 53" in place and everyone knows the offense and defense. Until the WR's know how to run their routes and know and are capable of being in the right place when they are supposed to be there. Only when the OL can block. Then Cassell should be able to throw the ball before they come out of their breaks (quick release). When every thing comes together, then we will be able to tell if Cassell is the Qb most of us want him to be and are willing to wait and see or if he is the "door mat" that a person that does not fully understands professional football thinks he is.

Check your facts dude, Jay Cutler has 27 ints. Your not a very good Chief fan, if your even one at all.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

the lost of Tony G was the biggest mistake we made.I also believe we should have drafted that lb from west virginia not jackson,and dorsey hasn't shown me ****.They lak testical fortitude late in games where winners are made.

Quote Originally Posted by tryan View Post
    the lost of Tony G was the biggest mistake we made.I also believe we should have drafted that lb from west virginia not jackson,and dorsey hasn't shown me ****.They lak testical fortitude late in games where winners are made.
    Doresy is coming around. I didn't like it when we drafted him and I didn't like him last year, but he is getting better. I labeled him as a bust, but he is stopping the run better than our other DL.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Cassel has defently been hit with the turnover bug as of late but he has also had some big time plays late in games. He also has not been helped by all the drop passes so blameing Cassle and saying that anyone would do a clearly better job is just no accurite. We dont no how anyone would have done behind our oline and with the recivers we have that at times cant catch a ball thrown right to them when they are WIDE OPEN.

As for The thigpen thing. A year ago i was as high on thigpen as anyone. I thought that he had moved past all of his issues. But then the preseason came. A preseason that he could not hit many open guys. His overthorws came back. He did not progress in the offseason. In fact I have heard that the Chiefs were about to move him to reciver. Thigpen was not a pure Qb. Sure he might not have as many sacks as Matt but his completion % would be worse and he would have more turnovers then cassle. Thigpen was not the right QB for this team. Not to mention that Thigpen had the greatest TE to ever play a year ago that helped make him look better as well.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast