Thread: Remember Todd McNair?

Default Remember Todd McNair?

Yesterday watching the Chiefs whip the Broncos, I was thinking about Todd McNair for some reason. I remember him as our 3 down back. I swear that guy would get a 1st down like 90% of the time!!! He was such a solid player back then when we had a real team! Ah...HowI miss those days!

I thought we were going all the way in 1990 when Steve DeBerg had that pin in his throwing hand. I think he went for 23 TD's & 4 INT's that year. Oh course Dan Marino killed us in the last 5 minutes of the game (we were up 16-3 w/ like 5 minutes left) & Nick Lowery missed that field goal by inches. Damn Dave Szott got called for holding when Okoye ran to like the 3 yard line. That was the toughest KC loss of all-time for me!
    KC Chiefs fan since 1965!
    Home of the Middle East! Istanbul Club.

I most definitely remember McNair!

Is he still the RB's & Special Teams Coach for USC?

Mike Garrett was, & may still be the Athletic Director at USC also. Seems many of the Chiefs RB's end up back at USC related to football.
    Last edited by Connie Jo; 01-04-2010 at 02:49 PM. Reason: I fricken type too fast! HA! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

I remember one time McNair got thrown a pass out of the flat, it bounced on the turf and Todd scooped it up on the first bounce and started running down field like he'd caught the ball.

For some reason the referees didn't see the ball quite blatantly hitting the turf and called it a completion. This was before instant replay got reinstated of course..

It's an odd memory I guess, but I remember thinking how smart a player he was for just continuing the play like without skipping a beat.