Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Too early to hire Mike Leach?

Default Too early to hire Mike Leach?

Looks like his day's in Texas Tech are over. I would like to see him as our OC.

Seems as though sometimes when a team is losing like the Chiefs are the fans will want to bring in anyone that has a tiny bit of success. He is not the right fit for the job in KC , bypass what he is suspected of as the press is treating it like he killed the guy. If he is guilty of mistreating a football player then Hayden Fry the retired Iowa Hawkeye coach is guilty of the same for painting the oppossing teams locker room pink to destroy their psyc before games. The charges are rediculous and he is a good college coach that should stay in college.
    Chiefs Nation

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Win View Post
    Whatever dude. Look at the numbers, 76-39 with 10 bowl appearences in 10 years. Who gives a crap what he did? The kid probably deserved it. Winning is in the numbers. Period.
    He's not even in the same CLASS of coaches as Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, or Pete Carroll and your argument is numbers?! Bwahahahahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    He's not even in the same CLASS of coaches as Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, or Pete Carroll and your argument is numbers?! Bwahahahahahahahah
    Spurrier was gonna be my exact example.

There is alot more than numbers. And that is what TC tried to address.

Make no doubt, the numbers do tell a story. I use them alot.

But they do not tell the whole story.

leach is a nut there is no earthly reason except pure desperation this should even be a topic

Quote Originally Posted by moonshiner View Post
    leach is a nut there is no earthly reason except pure desperation this should even be a topic

I've seen this kind of comment a couple of times. Since I really don't know alot about him, could someone elaborate on this line of thinking?

Is there something more to it than this "big" incident with the player who had a concussion? Or are we just taking the accusation as fact here?

I believe the kid was a headache in the first place and the doctor told him to stay in a dark room, and the spoiled brats dad had the coach fired.

leach has had a history of odd behavior and had some past instances of abuse ..not bad abuse just tings coaches should not do . TT was looking for a reason to get rid of him .. why else would you get rd of a Winning coach? Leach picked on the wrong kid .. that shows how stupid he is.

No one will touch him with a 10 ft pole . ESPN will see to that!

leach has had a history of odd behavior and had some past instances of abuse ..not bad abuse just tings coaches should not do . TT was looking for a reason to get rid of him .. why else would you get rd of a Winning coach? Leach picked on the wrong kid .. that shows how stupid he is.

No one will touch him with a 10 ft pole . ESPN will see to that!
    No details? I couldn't find anything in my online searches, so I was hoping that someone would elaborate.

why else would you get rd of a Winning coach?
    Not like that is entirely unheard of. But that question certainly doesn't answer mine.
    Last edited by chief31; 01-03-2010 at 10:21 AM.

A couple of excerpts from this link Texas Tech fires Leach as head coach - CFB News - FOX Sports on MSN tells m that there was more than meets the eye besides the James situation and it was the excuse TT needed to pul the plug in hoping that other "issues" would go away. Besides the James thing it was clearly a case of insubordination ... grounds enough if you ask me, even more grounds that his " alledged" treatment of James all subject matter that I could care less about

"Leach was suspended Monday after he refused to agree to guidelines for dealing with players set forth by school officials in a Dec. 23 letter. Turner declined to elaborate on what other issues surfaced during the investigation."

"In a defiant act of insubordination, Coach Leach continually refused to cooperate in a meaningful way to help resolve the complaint. He also refused to obey a suspension order and instead sued Texas Tech University," the statement said."

regardless to mention his name as a possible OC is ridicules at best

A couple of excerpts from this link Texas Tech fires Leach as head coach - CFB News - FOX Sports on MSN tells m that there was more than meets the eye besides the James situation and it was the excuse TT needed to pul the plug in hoping that other "issues" would go away. Besides the James thing it was clearly a case of insubordination ... grounds enough if you ask me, even more grounds that his " alledged" treatment of James all subject matter that I could care less about

"Leach was suspended Monday after he refused to agree to guidelines for dealing with players set forth by school officials in a Dec. 23 letter. Turner declined to elaborate on what other issues surfaced during the investigation."

"In a defiant act of insubordination, Coach Leach continually refused to cooperate in a meaningful way to help resolve the complaint. He also refused to obey a suspension order and instead sued Texas Tech University," the statement said."

regardless to mention his name as a possible OC is ridicules at best
    Not that I have any desire to bring him here, but all I am seeing is this single issue. And it seems reasonable that he wanted out of his contract and found this to be his opportunity to do so.

I guess I am just not seeing where one would come to the conclusion that he is "a nut", from any of this, without taking the accusation as fact.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast