Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: move up in draft and pic Suh

Default move up in draft and pic Suh

I know what you are going to say but hear me out. First the rams want to draft. A qb but don't want to pay the money for the first pic in the draft. By swapping pics with the chiefs they still get the qb they want at a reduced cost. What will it cost the chiefs? How about a 5th&a3rd round pic.considering there has not been a player as dominant as Sun since Warren sapphire I feel this worth the. Cost. This one player can and will make a bad defense a good or great defense. We can get a left tackle with our 2nd round pic. Wide receiver with the Atlanta pic. A guard or rb with the fourth rd.pic. a safety. In the 5th rd. Well could it. Happen

I think Suh will be there when we pick at around the 3rd spot. Though I'm not sure I want him yet(ned to do more research). St. Louis has to take QB. Detroit will take either a DT or a LT. That will leave us with the opportunity to take either the best DL or OL in the draft depending on what Detroit does. Both are unfortunately positions of need.

This team shouldn't have to draft another DL in the 1st round, but need a NT.

In my ideal world, Pioli would trade down for a later 1st and 2nd. This team needs depth in a major way. The other option would be that they trade away the first pick, which I would also be fine with depending on the player we get(Boldin, Shaun Rogers, Wilfork, or LT). This should be the last draft before a rookie pay scale is created.

Suh(Top DL in the draft)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=413Gsstr6WE"]YouTube- Ndamukong Suh Highlights[/ame]

Okung(Top OL in the draft)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXDU0dL3BhU"]YouTube- Russell Okung Highlights[/ame]
    Last edited by Coach; 12-30-2009 at 06:05 PM.

The opportunity to trade back to the mid first round is very likely due too the many teams. That want a qb.

That would not be a bad move for the Chiefs to do. I dont think that it will happen. Unfortentaly I think that we are going to miss out on him. Would love to see him in a chiefs jersey though.

Default rams want a qb

Sun wont be there at 3 the. Lions will take him. Although clausen will be there for the rams should. They look to trade down. Which is why the trade makes sense

There were plenty of teams that needed a QB last year, I don't remember any of them wanting to trade into the 3rd spot. Won't happen this year either.

Lions seem likely to take him, but I think it would be a VERY bad decision to trade up to the 1st pick of the draft to get another DT. Colossally bad decision.

This team has so many needs that there is no need to trade up, and definitely no need to start trading away picks.

The Chiefs very likely will get the best LT in the draft at #3. They will then move Albert to RT or LG. That will potentially fix two OL problems with one pick. The OL protects Pioli's QB.

We have some pretty good talent on our DL. Two top 5 DL picks in as many years. It is just being poorly coached IMO. We need a new DC in a very bad way. We need a Nose Tackle, but Suh is 305 lbs. He's not a NT, He's a DT which is why he will go to Detroit and play in a 4-3.
    Last edited by Coach; 12-30-2009 at 06:52 PM.

No thanks! defensive linemans have one of the highest bust percentages in the draft. NEXT suggestion please!

I don't think Suh will be available at 3. It would crazy to move up to get a player that doesn't fill a position of need.
    I know that teams don;t like tading into the top three, but with only 2 first round QB's available and 6 teams behind us in the draft needing QB's, this could be the year a trade down could happen. The 49 ers and seahawks both have 2 1st rd picks.
    I have also heard a rumor that Holgrem might want to get Haselback from the Seahawks to run his offense in Cleveland.

Default could happen

This could very well happen. I think this beiing possibly the last capped year you are going to see a much more active draft.it is going to be funds

Suh isn't a NT and I don't think that we want to be to DEs what Detroit was to WRs... Berry is the safest pick at the top of this draft IMO...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast