Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year!! (post resolutions here)

Default Happy New Year!! (post resolutions here)

It's a New year coming and its that time when we all make resolutions to change something in our lives. I'm curious to see what everyone is thinking about changing this year. I will start with telling you all mine. I am going to go 365 days with out drinking. (boozing) No beer, no liquor and no wine. I figure its time to give the liver a vacation. Post your resolutions here and we can see if they all got upheld over the year!!

Happy new Year and be Safe Crowders!!!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

My resolution is to not make a resolution. that way I don't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    My resolution is to not make a resolution. that way I don't fail.
    But your resolution was to not make a resolution, therefor you made a resolution, and failed immediately.
    Chiefs in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    But your resolution was to not make a resolution, therefor you made a resolution, and failed immediately.
    Nice!

But....

That resolution doesn't even become effective until it has been made.

So that resolution would not in violation of the resolution.

Some how, this became a political thread.

Good luck everyone on their resolutions.

My resolutions are to stop smoking cigarettes (AGAIN)! I stopped for two years completely and somehow in the last 6 months they just showed right back up in my life.

My other resolution is to keep going on my exercise regimen, I have been going strong for four months and have seen great results, curious as to what a whole year might do for me.

Come on Vanilla, you can do it. Smoking is nasty and noone likes smokers. No offense. I don't smoke, never have and never will....My grandpa died for the after effects, and my grandpa and grandma are pretty much dying.

Good luck. And remember, you have to want to quit.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Oh my...I honestly have no resolutions, and have never been one to make such...not sure why, just never have.

As far as drinking beer...I wasn't able to drink much when married, as my husband always had a bit of an overindulgence problem, and if I drank he said it encouraged him to...so I didn't drink in support of him.

I'm enjoying being able to have a few beers now that I'm divorced...without fear, or worry. I drink responsibly, and don't drink and drive...have a designated driver, or ride with someone not drinking.

I fully support those who know for whatever reason, they need to cut back or stop drinking all together. Alcohol is a bad thing in many ways, if it's abused, or overindulged, no doubt about it.

Change in 2010? HA! I sure don't need more change in my life, I've had too much the last three years. Beginning with my husband of 37 yrs having a heart attack scare in Feb. 2007, clincial depression followed as a result, which he turned to Jim Beam as an escape, became abusive, spent over two years of living in fear of what was next with him.

He completely had an emotional breakdown in Feb. this year. I was forced to realize I couldn't save someone not willing to save themself, nor could I save the marriage alone. It wasn't a marriage, or one of love any longer, and though it broke my heart, I divorced to save myself...for my kids and grandkids benefit, if not my own.

I also lost my brother in Feb. 2008, and the same month my dog Lily was diagnosed with a terminal seizure disorder, of which will shorten her life span...she's 4 now, still battling seizures, but inbetween seizures is happy and loves life...I can't take that from her, or me.

NO MORE CHANGE WILLINGLY FOR ME IN 2010...or so I pray! If there is change of which I can't control...I hope it's positive, not negative.

I dread the month of February now...since the last three have had events occurring of which were the most painful and heartbreaking in my life. God willing, February 2010 will not bring anything bad or negative!

Good luck to all with your resolutions! :)

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Hey Canada - better change your banner and little beer toasting guys. Unless by "Now give me a fu**in beer" you mean Near Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by wendyl View Post
    Hey Canada - better change your banner and little beer toasting guys. Unless by "Now give me a fu**in beer" you mean Near Beer!
    No, I still want a beer. I will drink it once this quitting thing is over!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    No, I still want a beer. I will drink it once this quitting thing is over!!

You're doin a good job buddy!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast