Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wish list for chiefs new year

Default wish list for chiefs new year

1.a deep threat with 4.3 speed that can get off the Press, 2. true left tackle 3. Nose tackle 4. Safety. 5.guard 6.playoff win

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    ?????????
    Dammit! That picture was valid when I posted it!

PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!

Let me tray again...

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post

PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!

Let me tray again...

The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!

Let me tray again...

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msNnLoO5euA"]YouTube- Coach Cowher[/ame]

Screaming and yelling. What a terrible Coach.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Canada, I get your sarcasm, but it is not just Haley's screaming and yelling, it is the reason he is screaming and yelling.

A coach like Cowher, when he screams and yells, there is no doubt that he knows what he is talking about and the reason he is angry.

When Haley screams at his players and then you see that player get back in his face, that tells me there is a problem. There is a problem that the player thinks he was right, yet the coach thinks he is wrong. Maybe the player was wrong, but that kind of insubordination points to a lack of respect for the head coach and THAT problem is the head coach's problem.

I don't ever recall a player getting in Cowher's face when he yelled at them, but I have seen that more than too many teams on the Chiefs alone this season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Brandon Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Lol. How many of those players lost respect for him?

He knows how to talk to grown men.

In all of his years, I have never heard a player say anything bad about him on Twitter, or anywhere else.

I have never seen a player on his team get that "defeated" look just from the coach hollering at him.

He has good relationships with his co-workers, and they loved to perform for him.

But then, he respected them, in order to gain their respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Canada, I get your sarcasm, but it is not just Haley's screaming and yelling, it is the reason he is screaming and yelling.

A coach like Cowher, when he screams and yells, there is no doubt that he knows what he is talking about and the reason he is angry.

When Haley screams at his players and then you see that player get back in his face, that tells me there is a problem. There is a problem that the player thinks he was right, yet the coach thinks he is wrong. Maybe the player was wrong, but that kind of insubordination points to a lack of respect for the head coach and THAT problem is the head coach's problem.

I don't ever recall a player getting in Cowher's face when he yelled at them, but I have seen that more than too many teams on the Chiefs alone this season.
    Can you name some instances for me where players got in Haley's face this year? I've watched every game and not seen this. Why is there no doubt that Cowher knows what he is talking about when he is yelling? Because he won a Super Bowl 1 time in his 15 years as a coach? Besides, the screaming and yelling has been less and less with every game. Can you blame the guy for yelling though? I sit there and yell at my TV every week at the incompetency I see on the field.

Im don't remember how much respect Cowher got in his first year in the league. I highly doubt that he got the respect he gets now. Too bad you guys arent willing to give Haley the same chance.

Lol. How many of those players lost respect for him?

He knows how to talk to grown men.

In all of his years, I have never heard a player say anything bad about him on Twitter, or anywhere else.

Yeah, cause Twitter is 20 years old. And LJ played for him.

I have never seen a player on his team get that "defeated" look just from the coach hollering at him.

Yeah, they all took it and loved it!!

He has good relationships with his co-workers, and they loved to perform for him.

But then, he respected them, in order to gain their respect.
    Again, shame you guys base your "knowledge" of Haley on an incident from last years SB and a few 30 second clips of him yelling on the sidelines. You ring off all of Cowhers accolades...remind me again how many years he coached to gain that respect.

I like the fact that Haley gets after the palyers myself. Lets face it the players that are hold overs were spoiled by herm edwards when it came to being held accountable. Herm let them get out of shape or not in there best shape. All the signs of a bad football head coach what Herm Edwards is. These guys need someone to be chewing them out. ITS NOT OK. Thats the only way things are going to turn around in KC.

Now will haley lose some players yes he probley will. But are thoses players that you realy want here. Players that will not take coaching. I dont think that you win with thoses players. The great players all have one thing in common. For the most part they listen to coaches and go out there and do there job. Even T.O has never had a HUGE issue with a HEAD COACH. Players who cant take being coached should not be here. Thats just how i see it.

As for the players yelling back well thats going to take time to stop. I bet you in Cowhers first year there were a player or to that yelled back. There just were not as many camras and no internet or not much of one for all of that to be made as big of an issue as today. But Cowher i am sure had players yell back at one time. He earned respect to a point that players could not do that. Given time Haley Could earn that same respect. Its just something we are going to have to wait and see on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast