Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: wish list for chiefs new year

Default wish list for chiefs new year

1.a deep threat with 4.3 speed that can get off the Press, 2. true left tackle 3. Nose tackle 4. Safety. 5.guard 6.playoff win

Excellent post Matthewschiefs, o very valid point.

I just hope he gets a QB coach and an OC to help him out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Why is there no doubt that Cowher knows what he is talking about when he is yelling? Because he won a Super Bowl 1 time in his 15 years as a coach?
    He took his team to the divion title in his first season, as well as four of the next five season and more than half of his fifteen seasons. (8)

He also got them to the Super Bowl in his fourth season.

Also, you actually get to hear the things that he is yelling. (And yelling is a requirement in a loud stadium.)

He communicated with the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Can you name some instances for me where players got in Haley's face this year? I've watched every game and not seen this.
    Bernard Pollard during the preseason. But Brian Waters, Larry Johnson and Derrick Johnson have all spoken-up against him as well....publicly.

I am a Cowher guy. It's not that I have a problem with being tough with the players. It's knowing when to be firm, but always being fair. If it isn't working with Player A, figure out what does work.

I get tagged as a "Haley-hater". But that really isn't the case.

I have two problems with Todd Haley as our HC.

One, I don't see anything in his history that suggests that he is capable of gameplanning to win. That is easy to overlook, as he can come out and show what hasn't been seen.

Two, he started making enemies of his players right away, and has continued to do so.

There are alot things that he has done, in his first season, that I disagree with. Starting LJ until he worked his way out of here, conservative philosophy with Cassel, doing too many jobs at once. IE... HC OC QB Coach.

But I don't hate him. I don't want him removed as HC. (Cowher exception) and I am far from trying to say that he is a bad HC.

But getting rid of GOOD, or even useful, football players because you created personal issues with them is a problem that he needs to fix. And he doesn't seem to be doing that.

Maybe part of my wish is going to come true ...

Sources: Kansas City Chiefs likely to hire Romeo Crennel to run D - ESPN

My wish list, Bill Cowher, MArshall or Boldin, Draft a stud QB, draft a stud OT, SB win

My wish list: Crennell, Weis, and for the OL to get better. I think the defense will get better because of Crennel.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    My wish list: Crennell, Weis, and for the OL to get better. I think the defense will get better because of Crennel.
    I am almost scared to make any changes to the o-line. I know that we need some. But I would hate to have to wait for a new group to get a feel for playing alongside each other.

Hopefully, whatever changes we do make will not shake things up too much, as they did play alot better late in the season, than they did earlier.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123