Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK quick ? to all

Default OK quick ? to all

tomorrow is black Monday does are crappy DC get fired??

you are correct. while is the the most talented and athletic LB we have, he is also the most inconsistent. He misses waaaay too many tackles. Personally I like the guy, and I hope we can keep him around, as a backup if nothing else. Even after tonight though, I dont think he has shwon enough to warrant a bigger contract

Quote Originally Posted by jap1 View Post
    I remember hearing either this season or last season that DJ has a tendency to lose focus during games and not put out 100% every play. If that is the case, maybe they said, well you cant concentrate hard enough to give 100% all the time, so maybe if we play you less, you can give 100% when you are in.

If that is the reason he didnt play much this year, it is a smart way to utilize the talent you have.

I remember at the beginning of the season after we signed Pendergrast that there was no announcement to his position title for a long time. At the same time Crennel rumors were still flying even after Pendergrast had been signed by the Chiefs.

So I am wondering if Crennel could not commit based on his hip surgery, but still had interest. Maybe the Chiefs promoted Pendergrast for the season with the idea of having Crennel at the end of the season and using Pendergrast in some other way(Special Teams or DL Coach).

I think we will have answers within a week. I do think that our defense is underperforming considering the number of very high draft picks we have used on defense in the last few years(Jackson, Dorsey, Hali, DJ, Flowers.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I remember at the beginning of the season after we signed Pendergrast that there was no announcement to his position title for a long time. At the same time Crennel rumors were still flying even after Pendergrast had been signed by the Chiefs.

So I am wondering if Crennel could not commit based on his hip surgery, but still had interest. Maybe the Chiefs promoted Pendergrast for the season with the idea of having Crennel at the end of the season and using Pendergrast in some other way(Special Teams or DL Coach).

I think we will have answers within a week. I do think that our defense is underperforming considering the number of very high draft picks we have used on defense in the last few years(Jackson, Dorsey, Hali, DJ, Flowers.)
    I heard a lot of unofficial sources say that we were waiting on Crennel to make a decision. So I am hoping he was and still is interested.

On a side note, Pendergrast has a history as a LB and DB coach, so I imagine if he is kept, it would be for one of those positions (we dont currently have an official secondary coach). But I am sure if Crennel comes in, he may want to bring some of his own people.

either way I really hope they do it quickly, so that we can start building for the draft and next season..

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    either way I really hope they do it quickly, so that we can start building for the draft and next season..
    Agreed. We were hurt a lot last year with all the late coaching changes. It would be nice to have the staff cemented by the end of January so they can all work together on scouting players (draft picks and FAs).

Quote Originally Posted by Pro_Angler View Post
    I agree, all Coaching changes need to happen soon, rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Adam Schefter first reported it. For more info:
    Kansas City Chiefs Fan Site - Romeo Crennel Expected To Coach In KC
    Thanks Coach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12