Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wiping the Slate Clean with Haley

Default Wiping the Slate Clean with Haley

OK guys,

I have been a very vocal critic of Haley's but I am willing to wipe the slate clean if he does a couple of things immediately.

First, he needs to get rid of Pendergast as Defensive Coordinator. Then bring in someone else that is a solid choice to replace him.

He then needs to hire an offensive coordinator. Both of these things need to happen sooner rather than later to start preparing for next season.

I can overlook some of the issues this season as long as he does not do some of the same stupid mistakes next season.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Playcalling did get better, but we need a full-time OC. I think it will be challenging for Haley to keep his hands out of the playcalling duties in 2010.
    I was never one to think that the playcalling was ever as bad as some thought that it was. But I do think that at the end of the year the offense looked like a actual NFL offense. Thats something that we have not seen in a while. I remain high on the hopes for haley but hopefuly he does go out and hire an OC he needs to be the Head coach of this team.

I can't say that I wipe the slate clean. But, obviously, if Haley gets to fixing the problems, then all will eventually slide under the rug.

Just like with Herm Edwards, all he needs to do is fix it. Herm didn't. He kept right on with the same mistakes, year after year. Had Herm stayed, and changed those things, then I would have backed him.

But I was more than ready to be rid of him when he left.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    I can't say that I wipe the slate clean. But, obviously, if Haley gets to fixing the problems, then all will eventually slide under the rug.

Just like with Herm Edwards, all he needs to do is fix it. Herm didn't. He kept right on with the same mistakes, year after year. Had Herm stayed, and changed those things, then I would have backed him.

But I was more than ready to be rid of him when he left.
    I hope that haley does wipe thoses mistakes out. Herm refused to even admit that he had made mistakes. He would sit in every press confrance defending his horrible decisons. Thats what encourges me about Haley i have heard him say that was a mistake or i made a mistake. To be able to fix your mistakes you first have to relize you made mistakes. Haley at least in part has said ya i messed up.

Herm will never be a good head coach in the NFL. His gameplan to keep the game close just is not one that will work in the NFL. Maybe he could be a good college coach I dont no. But if he was still around and we saw double the wins from the previous year i would say ok lets see what next year brings. But I was overjoyed when i got the news they fired him he just is not a good head coach in the nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I hope that haley does wipe thoses mistakes out. Herm refused to even admit that he had made mistakes. He would sit in every press confrance defending his horrible decisons. Thats what encourges me about Haley i have heard him say that was a mistake or i made a mistake. To be able to fix your mistakes you first have to relize you made mistakes. Haley at least in part has said ya i messed up.

Herm will never be a good head coach in the NFL. His gameplan to keep the game close just is not one that will work in the NFL. Maybe he could be a good college coach I dont no. But if he was still around and we saw double the wins from the previous year i would say ok lets see what next year brings. But I was overjoyed when i got the news they fired him he just is not a good head coach in the nfl.
    Not to argue, but I remember Herm saying that he made mistakes. Or that something was his fault. It's just that he never recognized his biggest mistakes.

His overall philosophy, as you pointed out, being the biggest.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Not to argue, but I remember Herm saying that he made mistakes. Or that something was his fault. It's just that he never recognized his biggest mistakes.

His overall philosophy, as you pointed out, being the biggest.
    Herm did from time to time admit to this or that. But for the most part he just put the blame on the youth of this team and the players. But your right from time to time he would say something was his fault. Just not often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Weren't they around 13-3 when they fired Shottenheimer?

LOL great point Canada and thier GM is not beyond firinf Turner if they lose especially first game

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Playcalling did get better, but we need a full-time OC. I think it will be challenging for Haley to keep his hands out of the playcalling duties in 2010.
    ...This.

I think it is imperative for Haley's growth as a head coach to have a full time OC.

Quote Originally Posted by yashi View Post
    I seriously doubt Norv or any coach gets fired after a 13-3 season, regardless of how the playoffs go. The Chargers are arguably the best team in the NFL right now. Even if he were fired, he'd land a HC job somewhere else immediately.
    Remember Marty getting booted after that same record, and another playoff loss!!
    RIP My son. I will miss you eternally!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234